Best Comedy | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Best Comedy

Best Comedy

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Singapore

Welcome, everyone! We would like to thank all of you for making these awards such a success. Your votes have all been tabulated and winner named, but before the winner of this category is unveiled, please take a moment to review how we got to this point. :hbunny

The nominations that received more than one vote automatically became official nominees. To get the complete set of five official nominees, a tie-breaker round was held. At the end of this, we ended up with the following final five:

...and now, the moment for which you've all been patiently waiting! The winner of the [sizept=15]BEST COMEDY[/sizept] category is...!!!

:confetti
:cheerbunny[sizept=20]Gintama[/sizept]:whoabunny

Congratulations to Sunrise for their hilarious adaptation of Sorachi Hideaki's Gintama!! :occa

"Thanks for the support! Here come the real heroes!"

To all the MangaHelpers users who participated in this undertaking, thank you ever so much! You made this dream a reality! :lovebunny

Last edited:

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Nominations are over! Now that the nominations are set, it is time to vote for which one you think should win this category! Cast your vote before the deadline to decide the winner! :whoabunny

saladesu

in absentia
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
I'd only watched 3 series on this list - FMP:Fumoffu, Ouran and School Rumble. Maybe I'm a little biased since I'm a big fan of the FMP series as a whole, but Fumoffu is basically everything awesome about FMP minus the mecha and battles aspects. It focuses on their school life and will leave you in stitches! :rofl The only downside I really see about Fumoffu is that there is no overarching plot. This is, after all, a sort of spinoff of the main series.

Ouran was also good, but I wish it had followed the manga more faithfully. I really didn't like the ending, so that's why I rates lower in my books. It doesn't have an actual "plot" per se, either, but in its episodic way you will learn more and more about the deep and dark secrets of all the members of the host club (in a very funny way :XD). School Rumble doesn't have much of a plot either, its pretty random, but is still really funny.

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Not many anime make me laugh, and Ouran consistently and truly lol throughout pretty much the entire series. I agree with saladesu that the ending left something to be desired, but for me, the defining quality of a comedy is the ability to make me laugh; so, my vote had to go to Ouran, perhaps the funniest anime I've ever seen thus far. :D

HegemonKhan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
There's a lot of really good comedy within other genres, which probably interfered with them being nominated here.

Kenichi is the quickest that comes to mind, it has so much comedial/funny/humorous moments in it, Kenichi's sister Hanaka (probably spelled wrong, argh) is a riot and so is Kenichi's mom (and how she "deals" with Kenichi's dad), and there's so many other funny moments as well, including in regards to fanservice, some of the fanservice is done in really funny ways (Shigure using the spoon to slice the clothes of Kenichi and Miu, hehe), and there's of course the perv master guy (forgot his name - kensei?) and all the funny stuff with him in relation to others. The training-torture is a riot as well, and Apachia (forgive my spelling, lol) using too much force on Kenichi in his training is so funny as well (with Kenichi being all scared and running/crawling away, hehe).

But Kenichi is certainly NOT the only one, there's tons of non-comedy genres of anime/manga out there, that have GREAT comedy within them.

Naruto has a lot of really funny moments, Bleach (I LOVED when Ichigo throws Rukia to Renji after saving her from the saratai?-execution thingy, and that little pink haired vice-captain girl is a riot, spitting on madara's bald head and calling orihime JIGGLY, I almost died of laughter from her!), One Piece, FMA, and etc...

any manga/anime with a protagonist that is or pretends to be clumsy/idiot, has great comedy, like Vash the Stampede in Trigun or Abel Nightroad in Trinity Blood.

In Trinity Blood, there's a scene where I really cracked up:

there's this robotic gunner character, and when Abel Nightroad falls on his bottom, the robotic gunner character says to Abel Nightroad, "Damage Report", I found it funny and laughed so hard!

Last edited:

<.Haruka.>

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
Full Metal Panic – Fumoffu, Ouran High School Host Club, and Arakawa under the Bridge, these anime had just the best comedy story so i think anyone among the three wins is just alright. Although Ouran is a bit shoujo for me so i'm deciding between the latter two.

Zeltrax

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Full Metal Panic! had me in tears in almost every episode of Fumoffu, I'm not kidding..the writer's humor is just..:lmao

So there goes my vote :)

destiny4ever

MH's Most Friendly Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
The voting process will end very soon, so to all my fellow Ouran fans I would like to say: please come and vote for Ouran High School Host Club. :)

Yes, I’m promoting my fav nominee until the very last moment. ;)

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States

Welcome, everyone! We would like to thank all of you for making these awards such a success. Your votes have all been tabulated and winner named, but before the winner of this category is unveiled, please take a moment to review how we got to this point. :hbunny

The nominations that received more than one vote automatically became official nominees. To get the complete set of five official nominees, a tie-breaker round was held. At the end of this, we ended up with the following final five:

...and now, the moment for which you've all been patiently waiting! The winner of the [sizept=15]BEST COMEDY[/sizept] category is...!!!

:cheerbunny[sizept=20]Gintama[/sizept]:whoabunny

Congratulations to Sunrise for their hilarious adaptation of Sorachi Hideaki's Gintama!! :occa

"Thanks for the support! Here come the real heroes!"

To all the MangaHelpers users who participated in this undertaking, thank you ever so much! You made this dream a reality! :lovebunny

Last edited by a moderator:

k-dom

Reaction score
Country
France
And it's just restarted today, what a great timing. so just go watching it !!!