Voting Round 2 - Best Quote | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Round 2 Best Quote

Best Quote

• Brook - Young Lady

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • Whitebeard - One Piece does exist

Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Robin - Fools who don't respect the past

Votes: 4 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Aizen

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
One Piece: Best of a Decade
Entering a new decade by celebrating the last 10 years of this amazing series!

Best Quote
As this event is celebrating 10 years of the series, please note this spans from the first official chapter of the decade; ch569, released on 5th Jan 2009 and the decade ends with ch966, officially released 23rd Dec 2019.

Also worth noting that only manga material is relevant to this event when it comes to nominating. However, for referencing/ promotional purposes feel free to use anime pictures.

As we've lost our regular sources for reading the series, our main source for this event in terms of material will be Mangasee.

General Nomination RulesIf you want to change your nominations, please quote your original nomination post and clearly state which nominations you want to change along with your new nominations.
  • You are allowed up to three (3) nominations.​
  • Please clearly state the entry you are nominating as well as any further specifics (e.g. characters, chapters, arcs) if required.​
  • Please bold all your nominations.​
  • Supporting a nomination does count as nominating!
  • The six entries with the most nominations per entry will proceed to the next round.
  • If there will be more than 6 in this pool, the staff will break the ties that might occur.

Nomination Round will last 4 days and ends on 2nd Jan.

Last edited by a moderator:

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
1-" It's not some sort of special power. He has the ability to make allies of everyine he meets. And that is the most fearsome ability on the high seas"
- Mihawk, Chap 561

2-"Fools who don't respect the past are doomed to repeat it"
- Nico Robin (dont remember which chap i think it was either during Dressrosa or Zou arc)

+
support this :
3-
Have you ever met a wild beast that you could guarantee would never bite a human?
- Zoro Senpai, chapter 687

Last edited:

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
" It's not some sort of special power. He has the ability to make allies of everyine he meets. And that is the most fearsome ability on the high seas"
- Mihawk, Chap 561

"Fools who don't respect the past are doomed to repeat it"
- Nico Robin (dont remember which chap i think it was either during Dressrosa or Zou arc)
I want to nominate that Mihawk quote as well, if it happened during the decade (I know it was during Marineford but don't remember the exact chapter).

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
I want to nominate that Mihawk quote as well, if it happened during the decade (I know it was during Marineford but don't remember the exact chapter).
Marinford is supposed to belong to last decade, official volume release including this chap was march 2010, unless mods decide not to include it and to include only the chapters that were released in the mag before 2010, but i nominated MF in best arcs, i guess its the whole arc not part of it that is accepted

Last edited:

Shasha23

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
South Africa
Brook calling Linlin young lady or Brook asking Linlin if he could see her panties

Takuan

Reaction score
Country
France
“Stop counting only those things you have lost! What is gone, is gone! So ask yourself this. What is there... that still remains to you?!” - Jinbei

“If you lose credibility by just admitting fault, then you didn’t have any in the first place.” – Fujitora

"Robin-senpai, make me your slave!" - Bartolomeo

Aizen

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
1-" It's not some sort of special power. He has the ability to make allies of everyine he meets. And that is the most fearsome ability on the high seas"
- Mihawk, Chap 561
My understanding is that we are only allowing material in or after chapter 569. So that one would not be eligible.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
My understanding is that we are only allowing material in or after chapter 569. So that one would not be eligible.
Oh my bad, so nothing even if it belongs to the same arc doesnt count if its below 569, thxs for clarifications.
I thought coz it was the same part of story and checked out the volume release date before posting the quote. not sure about when the chap was released but very likely 2 or 3 months before the volume, but the volume was definitely released on March 2010 according to wikipedia. @Moegara my apologies ive given you a wrong answer .:errr
Ok i ll replace it by this one then

"You really are honest to a fault, arent you, Straw Hat Luffy [...] I wish i hadn'et closed these eyes. I d have enjoyed taking a good look at you."
- Fujitora -Chap 799

ThatOtherGuy

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Algeria
Roronoa Zoro: "I got on the wrong ship!"

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Have you ever met a wild beast that you could guarantee would never bite a human?

Young Lady...
- Brook serving the Yonko Big Mom, chapter 851

Supporting this. And nominating:
Whitebeard: "You're not him. The man Roger is waiting for is definitely not you, Teech. Just as there are some who inherited Roger's will, someone will eventually do the same for Ace. You can sever bloodlines but their flames will never be extinguished. It has been passed down like that since ancient time! Someday one will arise who will challenge the world and shoulder centuries of history. Sengoku, you and the World Government fear the Great War that will come to this world one day! I'm not interested in the treasure, but when it's found, the whole world will be turned upside down! Someone will find it! That day will come! ONE PIECE ..... DOES EXIST!!"
--> i hope this is allowed :amuse

Last edited:

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Young Lady...
- Brook serving the Yonko Big Mom, chapter 851

Damn it, Brandish; you took my favourite ones. I'll be back.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

"A man who would be crewmate to the future Pirate King cannot afford to tremble in the presence of a mere emperor!"
--- Double Post Merged, ---

"I heard the sound....of a lady's teardrops falling". What a man.

"Soon we'll look upon the real sun" -Otohime

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

One Piece: Best of a Decade
Entering a new decade by celebrating the last 10 years of this amazing series!

Voting Round 1

Voting Round 1
  • You can vote for three (3) nominees
  • You are allowed to change your vote
  • This round will last for 3 days (ends on 6th Jan)
  • Top 6 votes move forward to the next round.
  • In case of a tie, a staff member will cast the deciding vote.

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
I like all the quotes there. Brook's line is worthy of pole position.

That said, I love Zoro's quote. Scenes like that justify the fanboying.

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Voting Jinbe rejecting Big Mom. It takes a man with huge shark balls to turn her down.

animeangryfan4

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
I for one am a fan of "there is no such thing as being born alone in this world/No matter who you are aint no one born in this world to be alone"
tears me up every time.