Favorites - Best Shoujo Heroine/Main Character? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Favorites Best Shoujo Heroine/Main Character?

Aequis

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Canada
We all love shoujo manga right? But sometimes the main character just ruins the whole story--she's too whiny or indecisive and annoying or whatever. This thread is about your favourite shoujo manga character and why. For me, my favourite would have to be Fuu from Parfait Tic. Yeah, she cries alot and can be indecisive and whatever but she is so funny and the manga is just so sweet overall, that she's my favourite. A close second would be Usagi from Sailor Moon, when she gets over being such a huge cry baby and then third would be Tohru from Fruits Basket--she is the perfect strong, tragic heroine imo. So, who's your favourite shoujo character and why?

siegfried

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Turkey
though the main character is hideki, Chi from chobits.she is so cute.

Cutipie296

Reaction score
Hmm well i like haruhi from ouran shes not to winy :amuse

ersity

Reaction score
My favorite shoujo heroine would be Hikari from Special A. Probably the smartest and most talented main female character I've ever come across in a shoujo manga. Most female characters from shoujo manga suffers from stupidity and weak physical attributes.

However, (Special A spoilers)

she's good at wrestling and is placed second in her school. Of course, this wouldn't be a shoujo if she isn't without flaw. Her main flaw is that she's too busy trying to be number 1 and beating Kei that she has no idea he likes her. I really like the art to this too, it's probably a little generic to some, but at least I don't hate the female characters like I do in most of the shoujo manga. This almost reminds me of Kare Kano, except Hikari and Kei actually looks a lot prettier/handsome.

ANBUluuver

Reaction score
Country
United States
definitely Haruhi. Blunt, non-whiny, and so....carefree like.... :D

kiddo7

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Austria
^ do you mean Haruhi from "the Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi" or haruhi from ouran like cutipie296 said?

minna

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Miyazawa Yukino. She knows her flaws and is not ashamed of it! It's a shame the anime ended so soon.

psychotic_tensai

Reaction score
Country
United States
yeah, i agree with cutiepie296 that haruhi from ouran is a great female lead. she's not pretentious nor gets teary at every turn. another favorite i guess would be tohru from furuba. normally i dislike the meek type shoujo heroine but she works for me i guess.

cairo

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
i personally have no idea. i feel like there aren't any characters that i particularly love... although there are good ones. hikaru from mkr... i agree with tohru from fb but she's WAY too nice... seems kinda unrealistic.

has anyone watched CODE GEASS: Lelouch of the Rebellion? Well, there's this one character named C.C who has a rather saucy attitude and won't take crap. she seems like a good one, but i don't think she'll be a protagonist... at least not yet, and she hasn't been showing up lately, which is a pity. but yes.

i'm kinda sick of seeing this girls who whine too much, look too young for their age, etc. but i mean sakura is a good character. i guess i don't like the character of the girl in the beginning, but grows on me later maybe??? dunno... but yes.

Camena

Reaction score
Country
United States
Umm....there isn't one that really sticks out to me right now...sooooo I guess I'll say Himeno from Pretear

Aequis

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Himeno and C.C. are both good choices. :smile-big I have another favorite now though...
Nobara Sumiyoshi from Crimson Hero. She's tough and opinionated and kicks butt.

Camena

Reaction score
Country
United States
Aequis said:
Himeno and C.C. are both good choices. :smile-big I have another favorite now though...
Nobara Sumiyoshi from Crimson Hero. She's tough and opinionated and kicks butt.
I've only read the first Crimson Hero and now I wanna read the rest. Nobara freakin rocks! WOO!

otaku_4_lyfe

Reaction score
Country
United States
Haruhi Suzumiya (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya) and Haruhi Fujioka (Ouran Host Club). Both are strong, independent girls who are unique (in Suzumiya's case, VERY unique) and aren't afraid to speak their minds. I love me my Haruhis! :D

Dark^_^Chi

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I like very much Makino Tsukushi from Boys be Flowers ( Hana yori Dango), I like Haruhi Fujioka in second and Thoru from FB in third, I like Suzumiya Haruhi too. I like the female caracter of Lovely Complex, she is very funny and beautifull but now I forgot her name.. u.u... sorry. o/
Bjux!!

rhapsody blue

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
otaku_4_lyfe said:
Haruhi Suzumiya (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya) and Haruhi Fujioka (Ouran Host Club). Both are strong, independent girls who are unique (in Suzumiya's case, VERY unique) and aren't afraid to speak their minds. I love me my Haruhis! :D
Ditto! I love the Haruhis! Haruchi Suzumiya is so zany and funny while Haruhi Fujioka is so blunt and strong-willed.

Makoto

Reaction score
My fav's Makoto Konno from Tokikake, the one in the picture in the left.
She's the most realistic(I think) character in anything I saw.
She gets a 9 out of 100 on her math test, she slacks off in school, she plays baseball with her friends after school and goes to karaoke instead of studying and she time travels just to eat pudding before her sister does, get a 100 on the test(which I think I'd do too), plays baseball and goes to baseball game and goes to karaoke and eats her fav food for dinner at the same time by time traveling.
In a word, when she gets the (limited)] ability to time travel by accident she uses that ability to have fun rather than save lives or make changes to the world or correct a grand mistake in the past.
It's all very, very confusing, I know but what she does is exactly what normal high school students would do when they get to time travel. But she's not stupid, the girl just wanted to have fun.

At least that's what I think.

starfall856

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
my favorite characters are:
Haruhi from Host club-why?- because shes smart,independent, and she cross dresses but yet all the guys still love her
Torhu-why?- yeah Torhu may be a completely unrealistic character(shes too nice) but shes independent, determined, and kind...

SakuraChi-chi

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
The 2 big Haruhi s' !!! :D Fujioka-san is indeed the big leader 4 shoujos !!! Suzumiya is assistant !!!!...
>
>( Just a story.. )
>
>Fujioka: Hv u finished the report I asked 4, Suzumiya-san?
>Suzumiya: I will but over 1 conditon...( stern faced )
>Fujioka: Oh no... Not that....
>Suzumiya: Yes indeed.........( Cunning smile )
>Fujioka: No way am I going 2 .......
>Suzumiya: U hv 2 wear this CUUUTE BIKINI when WORKING !!!
>Fujioka: Are u crazy !!!??? This is an air-conditioned room !!!!
>Suzumiya: Hmm... u're quite rite on that.....Then...It's time 4 COSPLAY !!!!!!!!
>Fujioka: I will NOT ALLOW THAT !!!!!!We've did that 19times today !!!!!!It's time 4 >WORK!!!!
>( Everyone votes 4 cosplay... )
>Fujioka: *sigh* This is the last cosplay we will hv 2day, ok? After that, no more.....
>( Everyone ran out the office )
>Fujioka: *sigh* Is this why we lost 2 the other manga groups?
>
>( End... )
>
.....I think i just did it again.....( Getting out of the topic, AGAIN!? )

Azurel

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Honestly, most shoujo heroine aren't very distinctive to me. they are usually potrayed the same way and if i answered this question maybe a few months ago, I probably can't think of any good heroine. but having watch HYD and Lovely Complex, I think its fair to say that Makino (HYD) and Koizumi (LC) are my favourites. Girls with character and strength. :amuse

coolitman

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would have to agree with a lot of people and say Haruhi from Host Club...the fact that she can stay around so many hot guys without so much as batting an eyelid pretty much shows that she is amazing...such strong willpower...