Character - Biggest winners of NPoT | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Character Biggest winners of NPoT

AlexisMeade

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Atobe has enough votes to make the polls look like this:

1) Atobe
2) Atobe
3) Atobe
4) Atobe
5) Atobe
6) Who cares.
10) See 1 through 5, that's what matters.
Fayte, I respectfully disagree. In the latest popularity polls, Atobe came third while Ryoma and Fuji got no. 1. The top three positions are hogged by those three, though. Fuji even never came out of the Top 2. Konomi complied with Fuji-love in PoT so much that he got three PoT covers by himself while Tezuka-buchou has... none. Tezuka had to share. The first cover with Tezuka only is in SPoT.

Oh well, either Konomi is sick of Fuji and Ryoma, or he can't make up an otherworldly tech for them yet.

Phantron

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
There's popularity on the polls and then there's the ability to actually sell stuff. I think I saw some stats that Atobe has more drama/music CD than the rest of the characters put together. It's like say the most popular character of Naruto in a poll is almost certainly still Naruto, but you put Naruto's face on top of say, a T-shirt, it's not exactly going to be selling like hotcakes. It's not hard to figure out that Atobe's presence is what sells stuff. People may vote for Ryoma just because he's the main character but you sure aren't going to get PoT merchandise because Ryoma is there. If his presence is actually needed to sell this stuff, we wouldn't be looking at no match that involves Ryoma lasting more than 5 pages thus far in NPOT. Likewise Fuji is in the same boat. People may say they like him, but obviously Konomi feels pretty comfortable by having zero pages in the serial so far that involves Fuji hitting a ball against a live opponent (and 2 pages in the published version, he went back and added 2 pages for his game against his younger brother).

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
I wouldn't say that Krauser is a loser because prior to the current series, he didn't even have a personality. The fact that he even got a match (something characters like Fuji have yet to receive) and even got some additional fleshing out of his personality makes him at least a slight winner. Albeit not on the level of characters like Kenya, Sanada, Akutsu, etc.
How does just getting screentime make you winner?
He was used to underline the gap in stats between 3rd Court and the MSers. He's far from a winner.

KuwabaraTheMan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
How does just getting screentime make you winner?
He was used to underline the gap in stats between 3rd Court and the MSers. He's far from a winner.
Still more of a winner than guys like Fuji who haven't even gotten that.

But I think he's a winner because he actually became a character. Prior to the current series, Krauser didn't really exist as anything except some brief match we barely saw. The fact that he not only got to play, but had his motivations and personality further fleshed out put him ahead of where a lot of other characters have come in this series.

Philia

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Joker
Niou is a big winner. Started as a stupid prankster now #10 in Japan.
Marui is also a big winner. Not among the top players. Still is #8. Savior of Yukimura.
Sanada, BLACK AURA.
Oni defeated TnK.
Duke lucky to play Gin.
Ryoga, Manga debut.
Jirou, Was one of the worst player. But defeated Kabaji who played well against Tezuka.

Some loosers
Tachibana, haven't improved compared to others. Has he won any singles match?
Tezuka, Goodbye. Danke! We have Niou.
Chitose, troll
Fuji, is a replacement of the reporter. (who came to cover every match in kantou & nationals. forgot his name). Seems to know a lot. doesn't do anything.
Gin, How long he played with Duke?

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Tachibana, haven't improved compared to others. Has he won any singles match?
Yes, against Hyoutei Singles 3, Shishido. And I think... Saeki, too, but I'm not sure on that one.

He also managed to beat Kadowaki and some court 5 player. Pretty impressive record, huh.

Last edited:

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Tachibana beat Saeki 6-2 in the Kanto tournament.

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Good to see you confirm it. I don't quite remember the page and chapter, though. I was kinda weird. Maybe I read it somewhere else.

I remember one more match. Tachibana also beat Chitose in his 2nd year when he injured Chitose's eyes, too. That's probably the strongest opponents that he won against that was shown in the manga.

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
It was just a 3rd place match so I don't know if I'm allowed to give Saeki props for taking two games off of Tachibana.
Since Saeki lost to Yuuta, and Yuuta lost to Jirou 6-1, taking 2 games from Tachibana makes Tachibana look really bad.

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
It was just a 3rd place match so I don't know if I'm allowed to give Saeki props for taking two games off of Tachibana.
Since Saeki lost to Yuuta, and Yuuta lost to Jirou 6-1, taking 2 games from Tachibana makes Tachibana look really bad.
God dammit Airgrimes, this again...

http://z.mhcdn.net/store/manga/61/168.0/compressed/prince_of_tennis_ch168_p16.jpg?v=11192706405

Also, Yuuta prolly got destroyed by Jirou because Akutagawa's playstyle perfectly counters him (Yuuta depends on his Twist Spin Shot, but it's only effective after bouncing, so a serve and volley player would easily counter it).

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Kantou Tachibana is largely irrelevant anyways. Tachibana before National is a complete joke by Konomi. He lost to Red Eyes Kirihara for an impressive score of 6-1, and will be 6-0 if Kirihara go Red Eyes from the start. It's only when Fuji visit him that Tachibana turn out to be less of a joke by gaining the beast aura.

He then got make a joke again when he can't win a single ball against Saiki Chitose. Konomi feels sorry for him, so he adds that Tachibana haven't once aim at Chitose blind spot. But I think that at best make it uncertain to knows who will come up top out of the two WoK, since Tachibana can't win a single ball against Saiki Chitose. I do think that it'll make Tachibana definitely more even with Saiki Chitose, but it's still unsure who'll win. Probably 7-6 with one side winning.

Tachibana is just simply better than Chitose in doubles as a player, though, since Saiki is seals and all. Not to mention his opponents probably won't be as kind as not to hit to Chitose blind spot like Tachibana either.

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
God dammit Airgrimes, this again...

http://z.mhcdn.net/store/manga/61/168.0/compressed/prince_of_tennis_ch168_p16.jpg?v=11192706405

Also, Yuuta prolly got destroyed by Jirou because Akutagawa's playstyle perfectly counters him (Yuuta depends on his Twist Spin Shot, but it's only effective after bouncing, so a serve and volley player would easily counter it).
I guess this sorta implies he let Yuuta win. I guess...

And no excuses Hardy, if Yuuta lost 6-1 to Jirou then Yuuta sucks.

Tachibana is just simply better than Chitose in doubles as a player, though, since Saiki is seals and all. Not to mention his opponents probably won't be as kind as not to hit to Chitose blind spot like Tachibana either.
I wouldn't be so sure.
Chitose's Kamikakushi is guaranteed to take some points and service games against anything Mid tier and below.

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
And no excuses Hardy, if Yuuta lost 6-1 to Jirou then Yuuta sucks.
It is an excuse :/

It's like Shiraishi against Fuji in semifinals. He just counters him perfectly, that doesn't mean he's far superior...

We don't really know how good/bad Jirou is btw, we only saw him in 1 match (although, he couldn't return 2 "normal" techniques of Fuji so he's probably bad... but still :XD )

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
I wouldn't be so sure.
Chitose's Kamikakushi is guaranteed to take some points and service games against anything Mid tier and below.
I think manga hint at beast aura to be same level as spirit away, and they both can used that in doubles.

Saiki is sealed in doubles, whereas its equivalent Abare Dame is usable in doubles, hence my assumption.

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
It is an excuse :/

It's like Shiraishi against Fuji in semifinals. He just counters him perfectly, that doesn't mean he's far superior...
It isn't like Shiraishi VS Fuji.
That ended 7-6. Both sides received a crushing.
Shiraishi wrecked him 5-0, but Fuji wiped him 6-0 right after to make it 5-6.

Yuuta just got eaten alive by Jirou lol. When you get eaten alive by Jirou, who apparently had only been seen to get serious when against Atobe and Fuji, you become a joke.

I think manga hint at beast aura to be same level as spirit away, and they both can used that in doubles.

Saiki is sealed in doubles, whereas its equivalent Abare Dame is usable in doubles, hence my assumption.
Abare Dama isn't an equivalent to prediction move Saiki Kanpatsu.
Its clear that Konomi gave Chitose a move that has a disappearing ball to be the exact opposite of his counterpart Tachibana who had a move that replicates balls.
But yeah, I guess with Abare Dama + Mojuu no Aura then Tachibana might be the better doubles player.

However Kamikakushi can be used on a serve, whilst Abare Dama can't. Kamikakushi completely stunned Suzuki and Washio only got it back because he was standing way at the back and Kamikakushi can't disappear twice.
So Kamikakushi can still ace 3rdCourt level players.

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Kamikakushi completely stunned Suzuki and Washio only got it back because he was standing way at the back and Kamikakushi can't disappear twice.
So Kamikakushi can still ace 3rdCourt level players.
I'm giving that more credit than that. It aced Tachibana too, here.

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/prince_of_tennis/c310/5.html

The only one that's it's shown and used and haven't aced the first time is Tezuka. However, as you can see, it takes Tachibana 3 balls to figure out a way to handle it. It is a strong move. It just that it doesn't cut it against the top high tier (Tezuka and so forth level). I'm not saying that Chitose or Tachibana is weak. They're just weak relative to the top high tier player.

I want to give them credits for being good in Singles so bad, as they ARE probably good in Singles. However, no 17 fodderized Renji, whom I consider to be the same level as them. Also, Yamato, who isn't even a 1st stringer, fight evenly with Tezuka, who is leagues beyond them in Singles (6-1, 6-0 if they were to play again now, even).

SPoT just raise the bar so high. I don't believe we'll ever see them play a singles match again. Heck, somehow, even Sanada and Akutsu plays in Doubles, something that I was really sad to see. WoK are most likely just going to play only as doubles from here on.

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
I agree totally, but then we even had Ishida Gin play in Singles.
Which is a joke since I don't see him beating Chitose any time soon.

Mitsuya put Yanagi to sleep like a baby but Inui did beat Mitsuya. I believe Kite, WoK, Inui, Yanagi are all one tier.