Hangout - Black Clover Hangout Thread | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Hangout Black Clover Hangout Thread

KageTrigger

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Black Clover
Genre: Action, Fantasy
By: TABATA Yuuki
Serialization: Weekly Shonen Jump
Publisher: Shueisha
Summary: In a world where magic was everything, there was a boy born unable to use any magic, and he had been abandoned to a poor church as a child. His name was Asta.

To prove oneself and to keep his promise with his friend, he aims to become the Wizard King!

An all-time favorite young and magical fantasy drawn with a beautiful touch and moved by its passionate characters!

masgrande

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Puerto Rico
Has anyone scanlated this because it looks really interesting.

KageTrigger

Reaction score
Country
United States
Has anyone scanlated this because it looks really interesting.
No one has scanlated in english that I know of. I've read it on Viz's Shonen Jump and I've only found Viz rips of it online.

vampire killer

Reaction score
Country
Bulgaria
The start is meh.. I hope it get better later. If it stays in jump long enough.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
4 was hilarious, I loved the little detail to his headband getting the guild insignia.

KageTrigger

Reaction score
Country
United States
I understand every criticism Black Clover gets, and I respect others opinions on it even if I don't agree. So far based off the first 4 chapters, yes it's very generic, but I still personally find it entertaining. That's all I want out of a manga, entertainment. I seriously hope it gets better though, because it can't survive unless it's generic done right. Based off the raws of the upcoming chapters, it hasn't become at all original yet. But it still looks pretty entertaining. But these are just my thoughts on it so far.

Teeba

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
From what I've seen in the raws, the heroine gets introduced. I kind of like her character design, also her power is cool.

I do miss Yuno though. I wonder if his guild is boring him to tears in comparison to Asta's introduction?

Jaimini626

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Isle of Man
sorry was only able to do one today , but i needed to discuss something with translator before posting 5 and 6.

from the translations i have read the heroins pretty interesting.

I hope yuno's guild experience doesnt change him that masked guy looked shadey.

KageTrigger

Reaction score
Country
United States
from the translations i have read the heroins pretty interesting.

I hope yuno's guild experience doesnt change him that masked guy looked shadey.
Well I agree on both parts. I do think the new heroine Noelle seems pretty interesting. The Golden Dawn squad's captain William Vangeance, does automatically look shady to me. Plus he is the next top candidate to be Wizard King, so I feel that also makes him seem shady. I wouldn't be shocked if later he turned out to have some plan to overthrow the current King.

Teeba

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Lets cross the Naruto-parallels bridge when we get to it. :cookiehand So far there's nothing to suggest Yuno joined a bad guild. Although...with a name like "William Vengeance" You'd have to wonder! You don't have a name like that and stay a side character.

Heroine's name is Noelle? I wonder if she's related to Asta (in some kind of long lost sister thing) or if its a case of sameface.

Last edited:

KageTrigger

Reaction score
Country
United States
Lets cross the Naruto-parallels bridge when we get to it. :cookiehand So far there's nothing to suggest Yuno joined a bad guild. Although...with a name like "William Vengeance" You'd have to wonder! You don't have a name like that and stay a side character.

Heroine's name is Noelle? I wonder if she's related to Asta (in some kind of long long sister thing) or if its a case of sameface.
Yeah I just like early speculating haha. I'm not saying Yuno will be going a Sasuke route. I just think it would be intriguing imo, if he found out way later that William Vangeance has the intention of doing a coup d'etat. And Yuno having to be the one to stop his Captain. But don't worry I may over analyze, but I don't really believe any that would happen.

And yeah her name is Noelle. As far as her being Asta's long lost sister can't say yes or no to that, though I myself don't believe that. If you don't want any spoilers don't read this.
But she does have a brother a pretty important one, in fact she seems to be from some special talented family. I won't say more though since you'll see.

---------- Post added April 12, 2015 at 06:13 PM ---------- Previous post was April 09, 2015 at 03:32 AM ----------

Judging by the raw of chapter 9, there seems to be a main plot starting. And if I'm right Yuno might play a big role in it. Also just from the raws at least, I'm really liking Noelle as a character.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Good starting arc for the village at least up until the 7th chapter. Was disappointing Noella seemed to be that type of character that anime fans love in series, but was pleasantly surprised that she too had a magic control issue. Im glad there room for her to grow as well as for Asta as well. Will make an interesting duo at this point in time. Ill imagine one of the main members would probably always accompany them.

Still really funny series overall and some of the best attacks in the magazine as a whole. Neutralization magic is pretty awesome.

Teeba

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I like Noelle because while she starts off as an ice-queen type she warms up pretty easily. I was worried she was going to be antagonizing for much longer while the rest of the guild seem pretty friendly.

vinceled

Translator
Reaction score
Country
France
Just read ch9 and yeah, it seems the guild Yuno is in might have some shady plans. The crest of a guild is shown in the chapter and it shows a sun, setting I think. It also says that someone in that guild plans to revive a certain someone, we just don't know know who yet (I'm assuming it's the previous Magic King or something).

KageTrigger

Reaction score
Country
United States
Just read ch9 and yeah, it seems the guild Yuno is in might have some shady plans. The crest of a guild is shown in the chapter and it shows a sun, setting I think. It also says that someone in that guild plans to revive a certain someone, we just don't know know who yet (I'm assuming it's the previous Magic King or something).
Just being a masked guy already made Yuno's squad captain seem shady, now the name of the Squad seems to match the crest. So it's a revival plan huh? I figured that's what it was when I looked at the raws.
And they seem to be collecting some special items (I think they're stones) to use for the revival. The ones they have look similar to the necklace Yuno wears. So he may become a target of the guild, if it is connected.

vinceled

Translator
Reaction score
Country
France
Well I think the fact the author introduced that on ch9 means the series is safe for while at least.

recruit

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Ajman
anyone else think that the mc of black clover looks like the mc of haikyuu? xD

also chapter 9 lol
satan 666 anyone?

idk why this manga brings back memories xD

Last edited: