Artist - BLACKPINK【블랙핑크】 | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Who is your bias?

• Total voters

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I was recently wondering, who is the leader? Has YG announced it? :?bunny
Hmm... From what I know, I don't think YG ever announced a leader in BLACKPINK which is kind of surprising since YG groups usually have a designated leader. The topic was mentioned once on a radio show but I forgot the name of it. Either way, the members claimed that they have no leader but I've seen many people call Jennie the leader (probably because she's the face of the group).

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
So today at work, I heard a very familiar song at work.... :smugbunny
Interesting how they're starting to invade the western world - not something I'd have expected to blast through the store I work at

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Let’s kill this love~

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
I really like Jisoo and Rose's part :D

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
So they're finally getting a full album after 4 years? But fans have to still wait until August? YG never change... :rofl

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
actually what's been stopping YG? they are famous and have potency. very popular here in Indonesia. being blink must be tiring lol.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
actually what's been stopping YG? they are famous and have potency. very popular here in Indonesia. being blink must be tiring lol.
Scarcity tactic? That's what everyone says. It seems like they're milking their popularity by having them in advertising campaigns and touring but treat new music as an afterthought. People usually assume the worst with YG since he's a proven piece of shit, but I guess he knows how to profit the most off of his artists while making fans wait forever in order to save money. To make it even funnier, their next boy group is releasing predebut solos even though he ridiculed LOONA for doing the exact same thing, meanwhile no one in BP other than Jennie has released solo material.

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
I'm starting to think YG only said the other girls are getting solo's too to keep the fans from raging.
Honestly I feel so bad for them - In Somi's new reality show they don't seem very busy (Somi mentions Jisoo pretty much plays animal crossing all day, Lisa makes an appearance to play games/eat food too). The potentiaaal aaaahh

Something positive though:
Here is their collab with Lady Gaga that came out yesterday.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Honestly I feel so bad for them - In Somi's new reality show they don't seem very busy (Somi mentions Jisoo pretty much plays animal crossing all day, Lisa makes an appearance to play games/eat food too). The potentiaaal aaaahh
It's doubtful they have pull within the company to do whatever they want, especially since their contracts aren't ending any time soon. But I sort of wonder if fans are in denial of the possibility of them being comfortable with this kind of arrangement. They're famous as fuck, seem to be well off financially, and aren't really mistreated as far as lifestyle goes. It certainly seems like it's less stressful than the average idol's lifestyle.

Seems like most complaints come from fans wanting to see them more often and the assumption that they're being held prisoner and not being allowed to perform as much as they want. It's definitely not ideal for fans or maybe their longevity, but sometimes I sort of wonder.

It's probably a little bit of both. It's probably nice to not be overworked but they only have like 13 original songs despite debuting 4 years ago...

Even when the full group actually features in a new song it's still not even 3 minutes long.... Holy shit :lmao

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke

Huh... fans aren't going to buy any of this, are they?

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands

Huh... fans aren't going to buy any of this, are they?
I mean, this is the millionth time YG is promising releases - I'm not buying it until I see the teasers. And yeah, can imagine lots of fans aren't believing this either.

It's doubtful they have pull within the company to do whatever they want, especially since their contracts aren't ending any time soon. But I sort of wonder if fans are in denial of the possibility of them being comfortable with this kind of arrangement. They're famous as fuck, seem to be well off financially, and aren't really mistreated as far as lifestyle goes. It certainly seems like it's less stressful than the average idol's lifestyle.

Seems like most complaints come from fans wanting to see them more often and the assumption that they're being held prisoner and not being allowed to perform as much as they want. It's definitely not ideal for fans or maybe their longevity, but sometimes I sort of wonder.

It's probably a little bit of both. It's probably nice to not be overworked but they only have like 13 original songs despite debuting 4 years ago...

Even when the full group actually features in a new song it's still not even 3 minutes long.... Holy shit :lmao
No I totally agree - Their lifestyle definitely seems a lot better than most idols. It's not like they're lacking anything - I just feel like it's such a waste when you train for years and end up playing video games (or watching Netflix, Jennie once stated that's what she does all day) constantly.

Doesn't help that only Teddy produces their songs I think. I mean, it sounds great but he's only 1 man handling a lot more than just BlackPink's music (though rumor has it they have a lot of unreleased music). Hope they get the chance to write their own music like most other YG artists

Also, now that Sour Candy is out - interested to see if the rumored Ariana Grande collab will also come through haha.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Doesn't help that only Teddy produces their songs I think.
I never really understood that either. The amount of people who would want to work with them has to be high, so I don't get why he has to have his hand in everything. He has other YG artists and his own label he makes music for as well.

I guess that's kinda June

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Clickbait title. If they're all working on solo material and they're all still in YG, why would Blackpink disband?

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
I was kind of hoping for a summer comback - these posters seem to hint at something more hardhitting though
(Can’t say thats surprising, I just would love to see something like AIYL, or don’t know what to do)

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
this time is another single?

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Yes! It is supposed to be a pre-single for an album that should be coming out later this year

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
They're supposed to have 2 pre-release singles I think. One this month, one in August, and then the album comes out in September. Though, I don't know which is supposed to be the actual comeback...

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
So I also heard Rose's solo might be dropping in September as well (she has an actual (mini) album rather than just a single like Jennie, if we should believe YG). I'm doubtful though - would make more sense if Rose debuted after the BP album drop

Anyway, MV teaser:
So far really reminds me of a scene in KTL

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Pretty much everything about it reminds me of KTL... lol

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Yeah... which is dissapointing. Was really hoping they would try something a liiiiiiitttle bit different.
(I would love something like Whistle, still their style but not so loud)