Artist - BLACKPINK【블랙핑크】 | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Who is your bias?

• Total voters

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
It is just a pre-release or whatever the hell they're calling it. So perhaps it's not even the real comeback? Will they even promote it? I saw their "comeback" stage is going to be on Jimmy Fallon or something. I think BTS did the same thing, but they did the music show circuit for a week or two at least.

The whole Rose thing in September thing is weird as well. So they won't be promoting when the actual album releases either? Since the second single will be in August. Idk, whole thing is too confusing.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
havent listened to the audio, only saw the video on mute, and yeah I agree it reminds me of KTL tbh, well maybe almost all of their MVs lol. the variations are low. probably because it's indoor/studio? if it's filmed outdoor maybe we can get different feelings.

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
It is out. I am seriously pleasantly surprised.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
First impressions - It's pretty much what I figured, a less interesting Kill This Love. I was ready to be wrong with the beginning of the song since it wasn't what I was expecting, but that didn't last very long.

For me I think they need to ditch Teddy because it's getting pretty unimaginative at this point. On the bright side I guess it's only the pre-release or first single or whatever? Just seems odd that after nearly 500 days without new music this is what they lead with. Happy for Blinks though, I guess.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

In some sick way I do kind of appreciate them calling me fugly for 3 minutes though...

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm really curious as to how well this song will do on the charts... Overall, I'd say it was better than the last two title tracks, "Kill This Love" and "Ddu-Du Ddu-Du", but still disappointing as a whole.

First of all, I thought the song structure was a bit unusual. The first verse was almost non-existent. The pre-chorus kicks in less than 30 seconds into the song. The chorus starts way before the first minute mark. And then, you have a long outro with virtually no chorus after the bridge...

Regarding the actual music, the beginning was my favorite part and what I hoped the song would sound like. The pre-chorus and chorus weren't the best but they weren't completely terrible either. Surprisingly, I thought I would dislike the part "How you like that?" based on the teaser but it actually had that catchy element to it. The part "Look at you now look at me" though, was a little too repetitive... The rap was alright. Nothing special. And finally, the end was probably what ruined the song the most for me.

As for the music video, it looked a lot like KTL and D4 but had that "Boombayah" aesthetic to it which was somewhat nostalgic for me.

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands

What is happening, YG seems to be keeping their promises?
Anyway, they have a featuring artist, who do you guys think it's going to be?
Rumors are that it's possibly one with Ariana Grande, but also seen people wishing for BTS or GD (let's be real, they are more likely to collab with Ariana than BTS 😂 )

Still dying for a blackvelvet song tbh.

Last edited:

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke

I can only imagine what knetizen reactions are going to be to this.... lol

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
It's very cute in comparison to their other music 😂 It suits them though. Kind of did expect something like this when they put out the teasers (and revealed Selena was a part of it). Really do wonder how this is going to do in the charts yeah.

For me, the song doesn't really leave that much of an impression. Maybe it will grown on me, I don't know.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States

I can only imagine what knetizen reactions are going to be to this.... lol
This might be one of the few times that I would have to agree with them haha...

Perhaps this song just doesn't fit my music taste, but I felt like it was worse than HYLT. Some parts just fell flat in my opinion and there was barely any progression in the verses or chorus. It also doesn't help that the lyrics weren't any better than their previous releases... While I tend to like the pink side of BP, I was hoping for more of a AIIYL or DKWTD type of song.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
This might be one of the few times that I would have to agree with them haha...

Perhaps this song just doesn't fit my music taste, but I felt like it was worse than HYLT. Some parts just fell flat in my opinion and there was barely any progression in the verses or chorus. It also doesn't help that the lyrics weren't any better than their previous releases... While I tend to like the pink side of BP, I was hoping for more of a AIIYL or DKWTD type of song.
I guess I meant more the lyrical content, as the innuendo is pretty obvious lol

Not sure about comparing it to HYLK because this isn't even really a KPop song, in all honesty. But personally I think this was more interesting and a decent change of pace. To me DDDD-KTL-HYLT are slightly different takes on the same song, and I just wasn't impressed with HYLT at all. Not that Ice Cream is blowing my mind either, but I digress.

I also think as far as collaborations goes, this was pretty good. It didn't feel like Selena was shoehorned into the song for a verse or two. She didn't feel out of place. And this is coming from someone who generally doesn't care about western collabs in Kpop because I don't really care for western pop much at all.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
I guess I meant more the lyrical content, as the innuendo is pretty obvious lol

Not sure about comparing it to HYLK because this isn't even really a KPop song, in all honesty. But personally I think this was more interesting and a decent change of pace. To me DDDD-KTL-HYLT are slightly different takes on the same song, and I just wasn't impressed with HYLT at all. Not that Ice Cream is blowing my mind either, but I digress.

I also think as far as collaborations goes, this was pretty good. It didn't feel like Selena was shoehorned into the song for a verse or two. She didn't feel out of place. And this is coming from someone who generally doesn't care about western collabs in Kpop because I don't really care for western pop much at all.
Oh I see. I get what you mean now haha.

And that's fair. I think "Ice Cream" definitely sounds different from a typical K-pop song, which I feel like has evolved in terms of both genre and sound. Also, I can see why others might like this song since it is refreshing compared to their previous comebacks. Agreed on the collaborations part.

On another note, it seems like "Ice Cream" isn't really well received on the Korean charts. That makes sense I guess considering the song was definitely catering more towards the international audience.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
On another note, it seems like "Ice Cream" isn't really well received on the Korean charts. That makes sense I guess considering the song was definitely catering more towards the international audience.
I think the only reason it isn't hitting #1 on most of the Korean Music services is because Dynamite was released so close to it. BTS is really the only act that would stop them from more #1's.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
This song was really refreshing after hearing the same old 'anthem-like' sounds from D4, KTL, and HYLT. Overall, I thought 'Lovesick Girls' was better than their previous releases but there was one thing that I felt it lacked: catchiness. Compared to HYLT, the tune was less memorable. Nonetheless, this song definitely beats Ice Cream in trying to embody that western pop kind of feel.

As for the album, I was a little disappointed with the quality of the songs given the producers involved and the limited number of tracks. I expected more from songwriters like R. Tee, Future Bounce, Bekuh Boom, Melanie Fontana, etc.

Last edited:

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Yeah, sort of in the same boat. Was interesting hear something different again after Dudu-KTL-HYLT but the song itself didn't leave much of an impact and wasn't as much of an earworm. Out of their three releases so far I think Ice Cream was the one that stood out the most to me.

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell

Pretty meh...

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
See a lot of Jennie and Lisa stans calling it a flop already. Jesus christ that fandom is toxic.