Heh. Not too much love for this series so far, but I'm actually sort of enjoying it. I like that it doesn't take itself seriously, which is a nice change of pace. There's waaaay too much save-the-world shonen out there, and while there's an element of that here with the stuff with the brother and all, there's also an S & M addict, a talking porcupine, and a badass character who's afraid of puppies. These are all good things.
IF it stays on the irreverent side like this, I could see myself enjoying the series quite a bit. Certainly moreso than mangas that take an entire volume to complete a battle. However, if it decides to stop trying to be entertaining and go the typical non-stop action route, then I'm afraid that from what we've seen, there's not enough depth to the characters and plot to make it worth continuing to read. (Battle stickers really are kinda WTF.) But what its got so far works well for an action-comedy though.
I dunno, but I think this is a "second look" series, meaning people who didn't like it at first might want to come back and read a few more chapters and see what they think? I didn't like it much in the beginning either and was going to drop it, but then Daichi started taking the Myspace photos of himself after a battle, so I thought for that joke alone Kishimoto deserved to have me stick around for a few more chapters, and now I'm glad I did.