Bleach 268 Review by Gigantor21 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Bleach 268 Review by Gigantor21

gigantor21

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
(Apparently, people were complaining to Maximum7 about the use of the word “nakama” in the chapter because it was “too One Piece”. Where the fuck do they get off complaining when there’s no decent way to translate it into English? That’s just bullshit.)

268. Death Is Not Goodbye

That…was much better than last week’s chapter.

First off, the art was incredible. I especially loved how Kubo did the cover page, which is my new (and only) favorite one--and yes, that includes the desktop-amenable cover spreads. But Mt. Koifushi in general was rendered very well throughout the chapter. The trees themselves often looked photo-realistic, and the scenery in general really drew me in and made me feel like I was there, in a way. That almost never happens with me, so to be impacted by it so much is impressive.

It was also enjoyable to see more interaction between Kaien and Rukia, which (to be honest) I found more enjoyable than Rukia and Ichigo’s interaction after the SS-Arc. They had a very close, interesting relationship that made for a great read. More importantly, we got to know more about both of them as characters, which is especially important for Kaien because it helps make him seem like less of a palette swap of Ichigo with weird eyelashes. I like how he and Ukitake cared so deeply for their subordinates, since it’s pretty rare among the Gotei 13 leadership and makes them seem more human, somehow.

Now, I know people have been complaining about how the Third Dance was seemingly unimpressive compared to the other 2…but wasn’t it just refreshing to see A’Roniro get stabbed in the fucking face? That made it seem worth doing for me, especially since no one ever takes such sure fire attacks like that in Bleach. Granted, A’Roniro’s spare head may let him live, but whatever…

I’m also glad that Rukia was able to see that A’Roniro isn’t Kaien, since I was really worried that she wouldn’t be able to (as I so bitterly lamented last week). I’m not sure how I feel about Rukia conveniently remembering the week after her will was shattered, though—but I liked the flashback so much that it doesn’t matter.

Rating – 4.5 out of 5

Last edited:

sahugani

Now 20% Cooler
Reaction score
Country
United States
Please register to see the content of this post.

gigantor21

Reaction score
Country
United States

gigantor21

Reaction score
Country
United States

Quartz-pebble

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada

Last edited:

gigantor21

Reaction score
Country
United States

Quartz-pebble

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada

gigantor21

Reaction score
Country
United States