Bleach 272 Page 3 (Rating) | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Bleach 272 Page 3 (Rating)

bludshock

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Yo, I've done several speed Edited Mangas over the last few months on MH, but this is my first real attempt at fully cleaning a page with grays and whatnot. Would appreciate any comments on what I can do better next time.

ddadain

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
HQ page :P Go clean for M7 :D Lol

Comments... better not edit out the SFX... If you can't edit out all of them, on ALL the pages, then don't... >_> besides, english SFX is just plain weird... >_> only a select few groups can pull off sfx removal and replacement *cough*rush*cough* may they rest in piece :D get the gist? anyways bleh...

GREAT JOB!

Oh, would you like to clean for Isane?

Vato Loco!

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah. I would say LHQ/ HQ because some of your panels don't align with each other. You still have some dust in your whites. And there are pixels in every black that aren't fully black, mainly around the edges of it. They seem more like jpeg artifacts than something you missed, which is the reason people say to save as png.

Also, I personally would have used a more textured gray. To try and mimic M7s' grays.

Also, you should re-do your borders with no anti-alias. I'd suggest doing them like allashandra says in her borders tutorial.

Last edited:

ibra87

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Pretty good job.

One thing you should look out for is detail loss. Here's for instance the first panel:

bludshock

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Thanks for the comments / tips. I agree that my weak points on that page were the borders and some loss of detail.

@ddadain,
yeah i'm considering cleaning for a group or starting my own. I wanted to shoot for a HQ or high end MQ release of One Piece 454 and I've been at it for hours and only have 2 pages done up to my satisfaction. It really made me appreciate the need for help if I wanted to consistently release high quality chapters.

Just for fun, I'll show what I'm working with now. I think that the panel I just did was far more difficult than the bleach chapter. The line art isn't exactly where I want it to be in some places (his right-hand fingers and bottom right corner), and the shine on the cane should be gray textured... but that'll all be fixed later.

Raw: http://www.pixd.com/images/17-raw.png
1st Clean: http://www.pixd.com/images/17.png

Last edited:

Vato Loco!

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
If you wanna work for a group, One Piece HQ would be glad to have you. We're in need of cleaners. Just click here and either take the test or or send gnutte that brook page and the raw, I'm sure that will get you in. We need good cleaners like you because we're really lacking right now.