1. This web comic needs more readers. So what are you waiting for? Read :D.
  2. The new season of the Anime League is here! Tell us which new Anime of this season you liked the most so far!
  3. Congratulations to goldb for winning the Friends Photography contest!, and as always, well done to the other participants!.

Voting has begun for the Special Halloween Art Contest
    Witch.

Also there is a special announcement regarding the Winter Art Contest, so please Read up!
  4. This year's Community Awards have ended. Check out the results HERE!
  5. The very first Magi Awards have begun! Vote your favorite Moments and Characters now!
  6. Starting from mid-February or so we'll be going through the media gallery and sorting through the submissions there to ensure they match with our recent changes listed in the Media Gallery Guide.
    As such some media files will be removed, so please be sure to look through your media and ensure it is up to requirements If you have any questions, contact a global/admin.
Though artists in particular, everyone please do check out the [MEDIA GUIDE] , as there are information relevant for you all. Thanks!

Multi Season Boku no Hero Academia

Discussion in 'Anime and Drama Archive' started by SharkBait, Mar 27, 2015.

1. Doughboy

Doughboy Registered User

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity

United States
    @Ilyia I'm hip, that's another thought to go into it. I'll be fair and say Tsuyu had to assess all these options in a little amount of time:
    1. Tsuyu telling Selkie that he wasn't there ===> could of just drop them in the ocean and go about the theft
    2. Tsuyu telling Selkie that he was there ===> could still kill both of them but his position would be revealed to Selkie, so they could be dead but the boss would be captured
    3. Tsuyu telling Selkie that he wasn't there ===> Tsuyu could then combat with him in order to save Sirius, allow either Sirius to escape while she gets killed
    4. Tsuyu telling Selkie that he was there ===> boss kills Sirius but leaves an opening for Tsuyu to either restrain him long enough until Selkie arrives
    Best case scenario is what happened due to plot. I would of liked what you said, Tsuyu gives into demands only for the boss to attempt to kill both but they use their wits before being saved by Selkie. Besides, Sirius's quirk would of got Selkie's morse code during their fight so he would of found them most likely anyway.

2. Jammin

Jammin Androssi Worshiper

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted

Mangahelper

United States
    Hmm. I love Tsuyu. She's the greatest.

I preface my post with that because I thought this episode was terrible. As much as I wanted to love a Tsuyu story it was so low energy and the plot and villains were kind of dull. It felt like classic filler and I had hoped for better than that.:(

The Seal guy was cool but other than that...

3. iceemperor

iceemperor Registered User

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member

Canada
    Toshiba owned Reguza TV ratings (TV + recording) have been released:

http://m.timeon.jp/analytics/anime-2017sp/

For this past spring;

2017 春期アニメ

1 僕のヒーローアカデミア 4.65% (Heroaca)
    2 進撃の巨人 Season2 3.96%
    3 ベルセルク 2.28%
    4 冴えない彼女の育て方 2期 2.19%
    4 境界のRINNE 2.19%
    6 弱虫ペダル 2.00%
    7 エロマンガ先生 1.99%
    8 夏目友人帳 陸 1.89%
    9 ロクでなし魔術講師と禁忌教典 1.70%
    10 アトム・ザ・ビギニング 1.68%

This data is drawn from Toshiba's own research system using around 180k households with this Reguza system. This data is focused mostly on adults and seasonal anime so long running and kids shows like Pokemon, Conan, One Piece, etc, are excluded.

4. Nakurawari

Nakurawari Registered User

Ireland
    All Might fighting himself to tell Izuku that he will probably be dead before he faces AFO broke my heart. Bones nailed the tension in that scene. All Might's VA did a wonderful job.

Shame that there's no episode next week, but I'm sure that it will help out with production.

Demonspeed likes this.
  5. Demonspeed

Demonspeed Furniture

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member

Global Moderator

France
    The OST is amazing but the way they use it is so perfect, they nail it indeed. Yamashita's voice acting was great too.

My memories are vague but I had the impression they added some lines.

6. Koi Kage

Koi Kage Registered User

United States
    Did anyone else think the classroom sequence was drawn out longer then in the manga?

7. ShenGao

ShenGao Mangahelper

Mangahelper

Germany
    It's even shorter than in the manga. They didn't show Ochako's punch move, everyone making fun of All Might for always saying the same things or Deku talking about All Might's silver age costume.

Kocksmaw likes this.
  8. KOBA

KOBA Registered User

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member

Imperium of Mankind
    Interesting enough, that in anime they didn't show the face of good doctor, probably because it gonna be too obvious, that it's same guy from the first episode.
    [​IMG]

9. Nakurawari

Ireland
    Apparently the voice actor is the same as well.

Aonori likes this.
  10. iceemperor

Canada
    Aside from the few off-model moments in the episode (Deku and Gran Torino in the beginning and some Muscle form All-might moments), the highlight of this episode was definitely the direction of the second half, especially the way the flashback was adapted. The colour palette and the overall rough look was good. The use of the colour was also well done.

Otsuka Akio's voice acting direction by the sound director and director was also well done. It was very composed with a slight gentleness to it. Western viewers might not catch it but the pronoun used by AFO when he says the "next "me"" is 「僕」(Boku). This is actually rather commonly used in Japan by men of all ages, but in anime, big bosses don't really use it. It has a very gentle feel, perfect for AFO.

On a side note, watching this in real-time is definitely a nice, albeit weird experience. The commercials that air in between are varied to say the least.

11. Newkerzy

Newkerzy Registered User

Indonesia
    I actually found the scene to be better in the manga, what with that blank background panel as All Might says to himself that he won't be alive by the time Deku faces AFO. The music though was on point, and I think would've fit perfectly with that background panel.

12. Doughboy

Doughboy Registered User

United States
    Is there really any notable takeaway about the doctor, besides being the same one from episode 1?

13. ChocoBar9

ChocoBar9 Registered User

United States
    [​IMG]

KOBA and Doughboy like this.
  14. iceemperor

Canada
    The strange thing is that it didn't trend like it usually does and Koshien was airing at the same time. Its a really huge jump from last week's 2.7.

15. Ilyia

Ilyia Registered User

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member

Sweden
    Well, to be honest it is a super hero anime. So when it focuses on actual super hero stuff it should logically get a bigger audience then when it doesn't. So any episode that has actual and real fighting against villains should get more of an audience.

16. iceemperor

Canada
    There is almost no relation between the content of the episode and the rating. The episode before the Stain fight conclusion was almost entirely Stain vs the students. It was an entirely battle episode and it got a 2.8. The conclusion was definitely better on an impact level but there was technically less fighting. The Todoroki vs Deku episode also had incredible fighting and in reality gave the series as a whole a huge boost in merch sales and volume sales and overall popularity but the rating was only a 3.0. This past episode had very little action besides the race in the beginning and focused primarily on OFA's origins and it got a 4.1.

17. Nakurawari

Ireland
    Opening 3 (Full Version)

--- Double Post Merged, Aug 26, 2017, Original Post Date: Aug 24, 2017 ---
    End of Term Test Arc Key Visual
    [​IMG]

18. Newkerzy

Newkerzy Registered User

Indonesia
    Dayum, they've perfectly captured All Might's "villain look".

ParagoN likes this.
  19. Demonspeed

Demonspeed Furniture

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member

Global Moderator

France
    Finally! The reason I wanted 2 cour is because I wanted to see that arc :zomg.

The students have these expressions in one of the volume character introduction pages I think.

Doughboy likes this.
  20. Nakurawari

Ireland
    Iida being there makes me think they'll expand on his test a little bit.

I'm honestly just waiting for chapter 68-69 to be animated, haha. Although the Momo stuff will be good, and I'm sure Izuku and Bakugou's test will look great in the anime.

ParagoN and Doughboy like this.