Multi Season Boku no Hero Academia

iceemperor

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Country
Mariejoa
ANN did a feature on Bones for their 20th anniversary:
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/feature/2018-12-12/looking-back-on-20-years-of-studio-bones/.139456

and there was some information on Heroaca as well:
Tensai Okamura hasn't directed a Bones anime in years, but he maintains that the studio has not lost its touch at all. “When I look at My Hero Academia, I can still feel the passion of the animators and a sense of consistency in the animation.”

But all that high-quality animation may come at a cost. According to director Kenji Nagasaki, even My Hero Academia was made with constraints. “The idea behind the My Hero Academia anime was to make an anime with the level of quality that only Bones could make. But I was terribly nervous at first. We had almost no time before the first season was about to air. Of course, even in the manga, Deku doesn't fight as much in the first part of the story, and there's a bigger emphasis on thoughts and feelings, but it's only from the second season onward that the animation starts looking like a Bones anime.”

It confirms how rough the schedule was in the beginning and why it was quite average in S1.

Newkerzy

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Country
Indonesia
You reckon it was on BONES for rushing to grab MHA's license or do you think it was Shueisha shoving it onto BONES so early on? I've always felt that they should've waited at least until 2017 to do it.

iceemperor

Country
Mariejoa
Bones was given the series by Toho. I remember Bones CEO Minami saying that they should do it since its a "super power" series. In the end, Bones doesn't decide the air date so someone on the production committee wanted to get it out right away without considering the logistics.

iceemperor

Country
Mariejoa
Its airing in the same timeslot as before so expect another 2 cour series.

Nakurawari

Country
Ireland
This is fantastic news. Hopefully this means it will be just as polished as S2. It also gives more time for the manga to make the gap bigger.

CuriousReborn

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Country
Bahrain
Great, now I have to wait even longer for Endeavor and OFA. Not gonna lie Yakuza and Cultural Festival are just so meh.

iceemperor

Country
Mariejoa
I think we cannot throw away the possibility for this to be the start of another back to back 3 seasons with 6 months in between. I mean there were 9 months from S1 to S2 but most likely I think this is also to give enough preparation room for another movie in 2020.

Kocksmaw

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Country
United States
Anyone think we might get a teaser PV of some sort at Jump Festa? Sure, October is quite a ways away, but a pv of some sort would be neat.

But regardless, I'm excited for a very polished(hopefully) season of MHA in October 2019. It'll make things that much more exciting. And since it was stated they started production at a few months back, that means they have at least a full year of working on the series, which is definitely great.

iceemperor

Country
Mariejoa
Is BS Nihon TV a more niche channel?
Its a satellite channel that broadcasts all over Japan as opposed to just the Kansai region like MANPA, which Heroaca was re-broadcast on in 2017.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)