Fantasy - Bradman vs Mirajane | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Fantasy Bradman vs Mirajane

Who wins?

• Mirajane

Votes: 16 57.1%
  • Bradman

Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Tie

Votes: 1 3.6%

• Total voters

Hermit

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Participant 1: Mirajane Strauss

Participant 2: Bradman

These 2 duke it out. Who wins?
EDIT: No restrictions. They can use all the techniques in their arsenal.

Last edited:

Jko

Reaction score
Country
United States
Isn't Bradman a Demon? So couldn't Mira just takeover him....

Ebony Maw

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Sunspear
Is Devil Slaying magic restricted? If not then I'm going with Bradman without a doubt, not too sure what diff (don't want to be biased lol) but I'd say mid/high at most. He's got Spriggan level Curse power, a myriad of curses and his Devil Slaying magic (which I still don't get), I'm not really sure what Mira can do given that she has to get close for a take-over.

Static

Reaction score
Country
India
IMO Bradman wins with mid-diff for the same reasons @MLG Bradman stated.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Bloodman should win this.Especially with Des Magic.But if she takes over Bradmira then who knows who wins.

Static

Reaction score
Country
India
IIRC, doesn't Mirajane have to defeat a demon first to take-over them? I mean, if she could just take-over them from the get go, she should've been done with Seilah immediately.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Interesting match-up...
  • Bloodman > Mirajane Strauss [High Difficulty]
I don't see Mirajane winning here at all. But I don't see Bloodman beating Mirajane without much difficulty either.

Strictly going by power scaling, I would put Mirajane near Erza. As for Bloodman, I see him being superior to Ajeel but not by much. And because Ajeel defeated Erza with extreme difficulty, I can see Bloodman having quite some difficulty with Mirajane. The only thing that prevents her from pushing this to an extreme difficulty fight is the fact that her Alegria Soul consumes too much MP.

Now quickly going over their abilities... Bloodman's intangibility will prove to be difficult for Mirajane along with his MBP's. But I think Mirajane has enough attack power and AoE to engulf him in her attacks; consequently, doing major damage to him.

Jko

Reaction score
Country
United States
IIRC, doesn't Mirajane have to defeat a demon first to take-over them? I mean, if she could just take-over them from the get go, she should've been done with Seilah immediately.
No, she doesn't. Once she found out the trick to takeover-ing Etherious she was easily able to take over all of the Tartarus demons.

She was able to take over the tentacle demons and was trying to takeover Seilah from a good distance.

If Mira takeover him Mira wins but if she can't Brad wins high diff. Well that's how I see it.

Doughboy

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Bloodman high diff. Mira has Take Over advantage and is super strong so high diff is a respectable outcome for her.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
I think Bloodman wins this mid-high difficulty. I believe this firstly because Mira's physical attacks may not work due to Bloodman's intangibility so that gives him an advantage in close-quarters combat. Then there is also the fact that he can use the magic of the nine demon gates, i.e he can use Silver's Ice Devil Slaying magic which gives him an advantage over Mira's takeovers. So given that, Bloodman takes it mid-high diff, probably closer to mid if I'm being perfectly honest.

Laxus chan-yo

Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
The guy who doesn't need to go all out to beat two swords.

Not even joking Mira's rep just gets lower and lower each arc since fighting festival.

Jko

Reaction score
Country
United States
If Bloodman can overpower Gajeel, he can overpower Mirajane.

I'd put it at mid-diff. Miralegria is a pure physical takeover, Bloodman is intangible. And Mira's nukes are rather weak.
What do you mean if he can overpower Gajeel he can overpower Mira? Mira is stronger than Gajeel and is a natural weakness to Demons. Just bcs he laid the hands on Gajeel doesn't mean it's gonna be the same with Mira. Not only that but Gajeel only went pure physical on Bradman while Mira has long, mid, and close range combat under her belt with an assortment of hax from her takeovers.

How are Mira's nukes rather weak?

Actually now thinking about it Bradman definitely loses since DeS is a Curse. It was already shown that the 9Ds curses have no effect on Mira so since most of Bradman's Curses won't work on her she just takes him over or uses Algeria's scream which was able to destroy most of Magnolia. She could also used the spell that Algeria did when he turned all the FT guild members into stone(?) or whatever that was.

Before you guys say she can't it was already stated that Takeover allows the users to takeover all the abilities the users has taken over.

And if you guys don't believe she doesn't have a natural immunity to curses look back to the Kyouka vs Erza fight, Kyouka cursed work on everyone but Mira. So Mira was not only one immune to Macro but she she was also shown to be immune to Kyouka's which means Mira has an immunity to Curses.

Silver's (but it won't have full effect since Curse immunity stops the hax of Curses), Jackal's bomb, Ezel's, Torafuza's, and Mard's Thorns are probably the only thing that'll work since they're physical curses.

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
What do you mean if he can overpower Gajeel he can overpower Mira? Mira is stronger than Gajeel and is a natural weakness to Demons. Just bcs he laid the hands on Gajeel doesn't mean it's gonna be the same with Mira. Not only that but Gajeel only went pure physical on Bradman while Mira has long, mid, and close range combat under her belt with an assortment of hax from her takeovers.

How are Mira's nukes rather weak?

Actually now thinking about it Bradman definitely loses since DeS is a Curse. It was already shown that the 9Ds curses have no effect on Mira so since most of Bradman's Curses won't work on her she just takes him over or uses Algeria's scream which was able to destroy most of Magnolia. She could also used the spell that Algeria did when he turned all the FT guild members into stone(?) or whatever that was.

Before you guys say she can't it was already stated that Takeover allows the users to takeover all the abilities the users has taken over.

And if you guys don't believe she doesn't have a natural immunity to curses look back to the Kyouka vs Erza fight, Kyouka cursed work on everyone but Mira. So Mira was not only one immune to Macro but she she was also shown to be immune to Kyouka's which means Mira has an immunity to Curses.

Silver's (but it won't have full effect since Curse immunity stops the hax of Curses), Jackal's bomb, Ezel's, Torafuza's, and Mard's Thorns are probably the only thing that'll work since they're physical curses.
I think Gajeel beats Mirajane. Mira would need to be in Alegria form to overpower Gajeel. It's a bit of a clusterf#ck with all the curses involved here, and I really didn't put much thought into how they interact. But Mira's combat ability isn't really any grander than Gajeel's... he doesn't have Macro hax, but he can become a shadow.

The nukes are quite fodder to me barely grazed Juliet and Hynhe. Maybe she has better nukes with MiraSayla or Miralegira.

I actually quite doubt an etherious uses DeS magic... rather Bloodman uses a curse of the ice demon that Silver based his DeS magic on.

Quick question - Do you think Mira in X791 could beat Mard Geer? It's a similar scenario here, though the gap is less between current Mira and Bloodman.

Bloodman has a few physical curses though, he showed them. I'm not even counting the hax ones here, mainly the ones he used against Gajeel.

Jko

Reaction score
Country
United States
I think Gajeel beats Mirajane. Mira would need to be in Alegria form to overpower Gajeel. It's a bit of a clusterf#ck with all the curses involved here, and I really didn't put much thought into how they interact. But Mira's combat ability isn't really any grander than Gajeel's... he doesn't have Macro hax, but he can become a shadow.

The nukes are quite fodder to me barely grazed Juliet and Hynhe. Maybe she has better nukes with MiraSayla or Miralegira.

I actually quite doubt an etherious uses DeS magic... rather Bloodman uses a curse of the ice demon that Silver based his DeS magic on.

Quick question - Do you think Mira in X791 could beat Mard Geer? It's a similar scenario here, though the gap is less between current Mira and Bloodman.

Bloodman has a few physical curses though, he showed them. I'm not even counting the hax ones here, mainly the ones he used against Gajeel.
If we are talking about base Gajeel then Mira is above him.

That's a durability feat for Heine and Juliet not a downplay of Mira's strength tho. That nuke was much greater than even Gajeel's Iron Demon Karma which is a named move from Gajeel.

No, I don't think x791 Mira could win because Mard was significantly above her in stats. Bloodman however doesn't have the significant stat gap since he relied on his MCB particle body way too much.

You could be right on Bloodman using Ice Devil powers rather than DeS. I don't see him winning if he just use the Curses that he used on Gajeel. Those Curses couldn't takedown base Gajeel.

Ebony Maw

Reaction score
Country
Sunspear
No, I don't think x791 Mira could win because Mard was significantly above her in stats. Bloodman however doesn't have the significant stat gap since he relied on his MCB particle body way too much.
I'd disagree here because of two reasons:

1) Even without his MBP body he's pretty durable, he tanked a few hits from base Gajeel (seemingly without injury) and managed to tank a few hits from DF Gajeel before dying.

2) He has his curses to make up for any physical short comings (e.g Enhancement for strength, Calamity for speed, Absorption to deal with magic).
You could be right on Bloodman using Ice Devil powers rather than DeS. I don't see him winning if he just use the Curses that he used on Gajeel. Those Curses couldn't takedown base Gajeel.
I'm not sure what you mean here, his Ice Devil Slaying magic should be more than enough to take down any of her take-overs given that the slayer advantage will still be there. Besides, his Bomb curse should also be quite effective if he lets her hit him. As for whether Bradman uses DeS magic or DeS curse I think it's the magic, Gajeel mentioned that he actually did have Magic Power, it just wasn't Spriggan level like his Curse Power.

Jko

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'd disagree here because of two reasons:

1) Even without his MBP body he's pretty durable, he tanked a few hits from base Gajeel (seemingly without injury) and managed to tank a few hits from DF Gajeel before dying.

2) He has his curses to make up for any physical short comings (e.g Enhancement for strength, Calamity for speed, Absorption to deal with magic).

I'm not sure what you mean here, his Ice Devil Slaying magic should be more than enough to take down any of her take-overs given that the slayer advantage will still be there. Besides, his Bomb curse should also be quite effective if he lets her hit him. As for whether Bradman uses DeS magic or DeS curse I think it's the magic, Gajeel mentioned that he actually did have Magic Power, it just wasn't Spriggan level like his Curse Power.
1. He tanked Gajeel's attacks with his MCB body. It was one of things he gloated about.

2. Calamity doesn't increase speed it gives him control of the weather to create natural phenomenon such as earthquakes and tornadoes. And strengthening only works for a solid body and Bradman likes to rely on his MCB body. Absorption curse didn't work when he was getting his butt kicked by Gajeel....

Ice DeS is a curse then Mira is able to counteract bcs she has immunity to hax Curses. He said he got the curses of the 9D then proceeded to use Curses so his Ice DeS was indeed Curses. Jackal's bombs did nothing to Levy I highly doubt they'll do anything to Mira....

Last edited:

Plutogrim

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Bradman would win this low difficulty.

Ebony Maw

Reaction score
Country
Sunspear
1. He tanked Gajeel's attacks with his MCB body. It was one of things he gloated about.
Actually he did tank a few hits from base Gajeel before he started using his MBP body (He only used MBP's to get off of the iron poles):

As for the barrage of punches by DF Gajeel, Bradman literally couldn't mitigate the attacks via his MBP body, he literally says it.

2. Calamity doesn't increase speed it gives him control of the weather to create natural phenomenon such as earthquakes and tornadoes. And strengthening only works for a solid body and Bradman likes to rely on his MCB body. Absorption curse didn't work when he was getting his butt kicked by Gajeel....
The Calamity curse can be used to increase speed, Tempesta showed this in his fight with Laxus when he wrapped tornadoes around his body to make him go faster. As for Enhancement, he could just enhance specific parts of his body while keeping the non-enhanced bits in MBP body mode.

Absorption didn't work because Gajeel was only punching him, Absorption only steals the souls of magical attacks, it would have been pretty much impossible for Bradman to use Absorption to stop him.
Ice DeS is a curse then Mira is able to counteract bcs she has immunity to hax Curses. He said he got the curses of the 9D then proceeded to use Curses so his Ice DeS was indeed Curses. Jackal's bombs did nothing to Levy I highly doubt they'll do anything to Mira....
Why would his dialog mean that his Ice Devil Slaying magic is a curse? He's hardly going to say "The power of the 9 Demon Gates bursting forth from the Underworld! Curse and Magic Power!" is he? Even then, what else hints at it being a Curse? He's flat out stated by Gajeel to have some Magic Power, it's just not as impressive as the other Spriggan's Magic Power. Also, where has it been stated/shown that Mira is immune to hax curses?

Sigh... Levy. First of all there was clearly plot armour for her in that fight given that she has absolutely no place being up against an S12 member, I remain on that stance. Second of all, Bradman only used the Bomb curse once, had he spammed it I think it's fair to say that Levy would have ended up in much worse shape (Jackal full on spammed his Bomb curse against Natsu). Using Levy to lowball Bradman has no merit IMO, she was practically dying at the end of the chapter and that was with someone on her team taking most of the attacks for her, had Bradman spammed his curses properly or had Gajeel not been there she would have been eliminated quickly.

Besides I never claimed that Bradman would only need to Bomb Curse to beat Mira, I only said that it would be useful if she gets any hits on him due to how the Bomb Curse works. If I had to list what he'd use against Mira it would be:

- Tenchi Kamei (Movement restriction)
- Ice Devil Slaying magic (Obvious reasons)
- Sensation Curse (To rip away her senses and enhance her pain)
- The Second and Third Seals (Movement restriction + Life drain)
- Enhancement (To become stronger as the fight goes on)
- Calamity (To enhance his speed)

The other curses would be useful but these are the main ones I see him using.

Lucy>Wendy&Elfman

Reaction score
Country
France
Curses have no effect on Mira due to the nature of her Magic and she has poison resistance so Bloodman has nothing to put her down.

Meanwhile, Mira can't touch him due to his intangibility.

So it is basically a stalemate.

EDIT: Can he just kill her with Third Seal?