Technology Broadband- What connection do you have?

5il3nc3r

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2006
Messages
66
Reaction score
0
Re: What Internet connection do you have?

DSL, and it costs about 40 I think, but I don't really know so don't quote me on that.

§ıĿ
 

rennokun

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2006
Messages
309
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: What Internet connection do you have?

I have DSL. And it costs about $50 a month. 20G/ month

im in an apartment complex its difficult to get cable since all the other apartments in the building were feeding off of the same line
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: What Internet connection do you have?

I have DSl. I think. I love it. It's fast and doesn't busy up the phone line :)
 

ruby_06

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 8, 2006
Messages
134
Reaction score
0
Age
38
Gender
Hidden
Country
Egypt
Re: What Internet connection do you have?

I have dsl ( 512 kb) and i pay after converting it approximately 42 Dollars a month (not cheap!!!!)
 

ILUVATAR

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
532
Reaction score
50
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Greece
Re: What Internet connection do you have?

i have a dial up connection :scry
but not for long. i am going for a DSL as long as this summer vacation ends :devil-mad hell yeah. DSL ownz all
 

The Boff

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
3,988
Reaction score
54
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: What Internet connection do you have?

now i have a dsl.... WEEEEEEEE!!!!!! HAPPINESS!

10mbit down 1mbit up

(the downside is that i have to pay for this one)
 

ibra87

天のデンマーク語
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 18, 2006
Messages
6,110
Reaction score
1,288
Country
Denmark
Re: What Internet connection do you have?

2000/128 Kb (notice it's a bit, not byte) costs about 60$ That's of course very expensive, but it's only because I live in a small town and cheap ISP only provide their services for bigger cities and such.

If I lived about 50 Km away from my current home, it'd be about 20$ for 10/10 mbit :S Unfortunately moving is too troublesome.
 

drwk

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: What Internet connection do you have?

24mbit download 1mbit upload, costs me about.. o.O $56

so my max download rate is about 2,4 mbit p/s....but but....soon the "fiber ranged zone" will increase which means we will get free 100mbit upgrade.
 

jimm120

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2006
Messages
176
Reaction score
27
Gender
Male
Country
Dominican Republic
Re: What Internet connection do you have?

WaLkiE said:
i have dsl 512 kb..and the fee is $22 for a month :( turkey is the best when it comes to pay more :p
Hehe...I got you BEAT!!!

I'm in the Dominican Republic and I have DSL.

My Line is 384 down/ 256 Up

I pay around $28 bucks a month (when converted to US Dollars)

IF I want the highest speed around (1.5 Down/ 768 Up), I'd have to pay around $100.

Now, there goes to show you how in third world countries, everything is cheap...considering most people get paid around $200 - $400 a month.....
 

lucky

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
92
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: What Internet connection do you have?

Im in Australia [where our internet service is terrible relative to our GDP]

Our household is on a 1500/256kbit ADSL connection. It costs $70AU/month [1.00AUD ~0.76 US atm] with a 25GB [the isp counts a gigabyte as 1000MB] cap, thereafter the conneciton is throttled to 64/64kbit [as it is at the moment]. Unlimited plans are outrageously expensive, if available at all.

Prices, speed and service would be better in a metropolitan area, but we are located in a 'regional' area, as classified by our telephone exchange.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,181
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: What Internet connection do you have?

I have a cable connection that maxes out at over 6.0 Mbps down and 500 Kbps up. I pay $48 US dollars.
 

ibra87

天のデンマーク語
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 18, 2006
Messages
6,110
Reaction score
1,288
Country
Denmark
Re: What Internet connection do you have?

Mine's been upgraded. 2mbit up 128kbit down
 

siegfried

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2006
Messages
405
Reaction score
3
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Turkey
Re: What Internet connection do you have?

WaLkiE said:
i have dsl 512 kb..and the fee is $22 for a month :( turkey is the best when it comes to pay more :p
Now our (I mean in Turkey) dsl internet speed got upgraded to 1mbit but our money currency decreased so it is 19$ now.it can seem good for some people but I must add we can download only 3gb in a month.a limitless 1mbit internet here is 100$.
 

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2006
Messages
1,590
Reaction score
20
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: What Internet connection do you have?

i have a shitty shitty shitty shitty university line now. I used to bitch (a little) about my dsl at home but boy would i give anything to have that right now)
 

Kratos

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2006
Messages
642
Reaction score
0
Re: What Internet connection do you have?

now i have dsl and is very sweet
 

_V0iD_

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2006
Messages
336
Reaction score
15
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
New Zealand
Re: What Internet connection do you have?

I live in New Zealand, and our internet is GAY. You see, one service provider has a monopoly, and charge a lot for their connections, and make other isp's pay a lot to use their network. I HATE YOU TELECOM!! BURN IN HELL!!!

anyway, for 2mbit downstream and 128kb upstream , and a 10GB limit that makes your internet go back to 64k once you surpass it, it is $60NZ a month. I wanna move to america
 

Adam_xx

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
1,171
Reaction score
32
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: What Internet connection do you have?

I have a piss off 56K for the moment, getting it upgraded... xD
 

sakura_uchiha

Manga Editor
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2006
Messages
249
Reaction score
2
Age
35
Gender
Female
Country
Marine Headquarters
Re: What Internet connection do you have?

i have a wireless broadband connection ,100 mpbs and costs 21$ a month
 

_V0iD_

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2006
Messages
336
Reaction score
15
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
New Zealand
Re: What Internet connection do you have?

wow thats cheap, where do u live?
 

bax

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2006
Messages
15,816
Reaction score
7,985
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
Re: What Internet connection do you have?

MadDookie said:
I have a piss off 56K for the moment, getting it upgraded... xD
Well fellow Malaysian, I thought you live in Aussie... They still have that crappy connection like in Malaysia huh???

I'm using the crappy Streamyx line... 1.0M to be precise.... But somehow the line keeps on unstable... Sometimes it's fast like lightning but then slowed down like a snail.... Heck 1.0M down and 384k up line you got 3.4kbps for torrent with over 400 people seeding... WTF is that?
 
Top