Technology Broadband- What connection do you have?

DesoNoto

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: What Internet connection do you have?

Right now I have Verizon Fios and I get around 6000kb/s download and 1800kb/s upload. :)
 

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: What Internet connection do you have?

i only got DSL a few months ago. before then when i make Edited Mangas i download the raw for 30mins, then upload it for 45mins. i dont even make scans for raws that are more than 10mb before cause they take too long. now i have DSL, but still my 400/100 kbps is slow compared to your standards, you measure in mbits :(
 

MaJu V.

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 21, 2007
Messages
22
Reaction score
42
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: What Internet connection do you have?

I've got cable. Though here in Belgium they put us up with horrible download / upload limits (not in speed, but in amount.) We're only allowed to dl/ul 12GB in total together.
 

Shojin

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 22, 2007
Messages
435
Reaction score
319
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: What Internet connection do you have?

I have a Yahoo AT&T DSL.
 

Windmillblade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2007
Messages
625
Reaction score
9
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: What Internet connection do you have?

Optimum baby yeah.
 

nathrezim

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 31, 2007
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Re: What Internet connection do you have?

DSL , and with quota , limited . :'(
 

rikki

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
May 16, 2007
Messages
93
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: What Internet connection do you have?

I've got cable. Though here in Belgium they put us up with horrible download / upload limits (not in speed, but in amount.) We're only allowed to dl/ul 12GB in total together.
What I recently had. a 12Gb 'Unlimited' plan. dl/ul were counted as 1 grand total. Apparently I am supposed to be on an 8mbits connection...but its not showing.

Switched over to a bigger plan just yesterday. 25Gb Limit cap (dl/ul still counted as 1) ADSL2. Only attain normal ADSL speeds cause need to get an ADSL2 modem...
 

Leen

MH's Peacemaker
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
2,870
Reaction score
60
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: What Internet connection do you have?

I've used:

dial-up
dsl
wireless

The one I'm using now is dsl.
 

Flavor

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 1, 2008
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: What Internet connection do you have?

I have Verizon fios...I get around 200kb/s up and 650kb/s down
 

Theredbaron

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 4, 2008
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: What Internet connection do you have?

I got me a 1027 kbs download and 624 kbs upload. I use comcast cable. I think it is good enough for me:).
 

thiagojoe

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2007
Messages
1,035
Reaction score
55
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: What Internet connection do you have?

I have a 1 Mbps DSL connection, my downloas speed gets up to 100 KB/s. not very good for veeeery large files, but it fits my manga weekly taste and my family's need for internet browsing (html/search/e-mail/chat).
 

Froggles

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2005
Messages
65
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: What Internet connection do you have?

I have a 24mbit/1mbit ADSL connection. Download peaks at about 1.9 megs per sec and Upload at around 90 - 100k/s.

I have a 60gb cap in which both UL/DL are counted - which is uber suckage -_-
 

thegreatest08

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
360
Reaction score
7
Age
35
Gender
Hidden
Country
Australia
Re: What Internet connection do you have?

I got ADSL with Chilli(Australian Company) My download limit is 20gig Peak and 30 Gig Offpeak, which equals 50gig. Unlimited Uploads(i think).
 
Last edited:

ikuroi

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2006
Messages
478
Reaction score
75
Gender
Male
Country
Antarctica
Re: What Internet connection do you have?

10 Mbps Up & Down, it's okay i don't have to wait that long when i dl something...
 

kurowoof

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 20, 2008
Messages
8
Reaction score
2
Age
36
Gender
Hidden
Country
Philippines
Re: What Internet connection do you have?

Dial- up T___T

it really makes me cry when i'm downloading manga and then i'm going to be disconnected 'o'
 

janu_onliners

Manga Editor
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2008
Messages
215
Reaction score
62
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: What Internet connection do you have?

DSL 384K downloads just 40kbps T_T
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: What Internet connection do you have?

When MH started I was on dial-up (also while I was modding at NF) and had AOL, then I wised up and got rid of AOL and decided to get DSL and never looked back.

Back then I could only dream of downloading an entire manga like Naruto in a single day - it took me three days, nonstoppable (while I was reading chapter by chapter) of downloading Naruto. Modding at NF was also extremely slow. After I changed to DSL, I immediately was able to download anime quicker, download dozens of mangas in a flash, moderate/look at threads like a madman, while having dozens of different programs running like MSN and IRC without experiencing a slowdown, and so forth... so yeah, it's definitely nice.

Right now I'm on cable though. I don't know the specifics and I've forgotten whether it's faster or not than DSL (I think faster) but I'm still happy either way. I think I do live in an area that is really nice for internet connection though.
 

MissYuki

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
26
Reaction score
2
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: What Internet connection do you have?

I am currently using the Hughes Net internet provider. Don't get it, thats all I need to say.
But the cost isn't to expensive, so I can't complain. Its better then Dial-up.
 

LuzifersAngel

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 28, 2009
Messages
13
Reaction score
2
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Re: What Internet connection do you have?

My current connection:
DSL 6.000 kBit/s
39€ per month
internetflatrate + telephoneflatrate
 

roma

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2008
Messages
490
Reaction score
205
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: What Internet connection do you have?

i'm on DSL connection. 1019 kbps upstream. 3072 kbps downstream. i want higher bandwidth but this seems to be ok as of now...
 
Top