Theory - Buggy’s luck is his fruit’s awakening | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Theory Buggy’s luck is his fruit’s awakening

john ellis

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
We know skypia had 4 gods, I propose the hito hito no mi: mythical mode “ “ the rain god has been awakened by buggy. Like all mythical Zoan’s it’s paramecia like effect is it grants it’s user the ability to separate its body like rain droplets, and allows the user to be immunine to be Ben Haki based cutting effects, like cutting the rain it’s self. It’s awaken it’s good aspect is good fortune and it explains why Buggy is so lucky.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Hm? Buggy doesn't need an awakening to be immune to haki based cuts.

john ellis

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hm? Buggy doesn't need an awakening to be immune to haki based cuts.
Yea because his fruit is a mythical zoan, but much like luffy’s awakening is the embodiment of freedom, buggy’s is the embodiment of luck . It warps reality around his luck like luffies does to his freedom

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Not sure what you are going on about but that's still besides the point. To begin with buggy isn't vulnerable to haki slashes. He has never been vulnerable to those and never will be.

john ellis

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Not sure what you are going on about but that's still besides the point. To begin with buggy isn't vulnerable to haki slashes. He has never been vulnerable to those and never will be.

So I propose this, luffy’s rubber properties are actually somewhat mythical, it’s stretch’s more than normal rubber, he can stretch In Anyway he likes. Buggy’s body properties is that he separate like rain and reguardless of the attack he cannot be cut.

afromarco005

Reaction score
Country
France
Where was this stated?

afromarco005

Reaction score
Country
France
Buggy is a splitman. He is immune to slashes of any kind.
Haki's whole purpose is to counter DF powers...

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Haki's whole purpose is to counter DF powers...
Haki allows you to interact with the substance of a logia. but buggy isn't intangible, his substance is not something people can't interact with.

afromarco005

Reaction score
Country
France
Haki allows you to interact with the substance of a logia. but buggy isn't intangible, his substance is not something people can't interact with.
We have seen law counter a paramecia power with his haki why would buggy be an exception?

DeadlyBeast

Reaction score
Country
United States
Haki cannot negate inherent DF powers in the user of the DF itself. The only two things one can do with haki in relation to DFs is:
  1. Interact with intangible bodies (but not negate the transformation). For example Luffy could grab Smoker's arm while transformed as if it was tangible using haki but it did not negate the fact that Smoker's arm is smoke.
  2. Negate the effect of a DF power on one's own body but not negate the power itself. For example Law is able to use haki to cure himself of disease Doc Q gave him using DF power but he cannot make it so Doc Q can't make him sick. This means Doc Q could keep doing the same to Law again and again since the DF power is still able to be used.
There are no cases where a person can't user their DF power due to haki. The only things that can negate DF powers are Sea Stone and the Yami Yami no mi.

In the case of Buggy, being a split man is what he is. There is nothing that haki can do to not make him a split man. So a person could cut Buggy (with or without haki) and Buggy would be cut for real. His body is tangible. However, being cut would not hurt Buggy since he is a split man and can just merge back together.

The only way around this is cutting Buggy while he is effected by Seastone or having BB hold him using the Yami Yami powers while someone else cuts him.

As for Buggy's awakening, if it happens, it will likely be standard extension of the ability to the world around him. This would allow him to split things other than his own body. The size of how tiny the splits are I don't think is an awakening related thing. When Mihawk sliced him up in Marineford he was split into paper thin pieces so his power already allows for that even without awakening.

afromarco005

Reaction score
Country
France
Haki cannot negate inherent DF powers in the user of the DF itself. The only two things one can do with haki in relation to DFs is:
  1. Interact with intangible bodies (but not negate the transformation). For example Luffy could grab Smoker's arm while transformed as if it was tangible using haki but it did not negate the fact that Smoker's arm is smoke.
  2. Negate the effect of a DF power on one's own body but not negate the power itself. For example Law is able to use haki to cure himself of disease Doc Q gave him using DF power but he cannot make it so Doc Q can't make him sick. This means Doc Q could keep doing the same to Law again and again since the DF power is still able to be used.
There are no cases where a person can't user their DF power due to haki. The only things that can negate DF powers are Sea Stone and the Yami Yami no mi.

In the case of Buggy, being a split man is what he is. There is nothing that haki can do to not make him a split man. So a person could cut Buggy (with or without haki) and Buggy would be cut for real. His body is tangible. However, being cut would not hurt Buggy since he is a split man and can just merge back together.

The only way around this is cutting Buggy while he is effected by Seastone or having BB hold him using the Yami Yami powers while someone else cuts him.

As for Buggy's awakening, if it happens, it will likely be standard extension of the ability to the world around him. This would allow him to split things other than his own body. The size of how tiny the splits are I don't think is an awakening related thing. When Mihawk sliced him up in Marineford he was split into paper thin pieces so his power already allows for that even without awakening.
I really do not agree with this logic otherwise Luffy would be almost immune to any blunt damage because of the nature of his fruit (haki or not) which he is not.

DeadlyBeast

Reaction score
Country
United States
I really do not agree with this logic otherwise Luffy would be almost immune to any blunt damage because of the nature of his fruit (haki or not) which he is not.
Luffy is still rubber when getting hit with haki, no?

For Buggy to be cut by haki is the equivalent of Luffy stopping being rubber due to haki, which isn't the case we have seen he can still stretch while being hit with haki. Plus Luffy is not immune to blunt attacks, just more durable to them, since we saw plenty of physically strong people hurt him physically pre-skip.

In OP there are DF powers that just are and that haki can't make go away. No amount of haki will stop Buggy from splitting, just as no amount of haki will make Jozu not diamond, or how haki won't make Barto's barriers go away, etc.

The DFs haki can help with are ones that afflict you, such as Doc Q sickness, Perona making you depressed with negative hollow, Law teleporting you etc. Haki can be used to defend yourself from being effected by anothers DF power but it can't stop that person from using the power especially one that is on themselves (in Buggy's case it's on 24/7).

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Doflamingo's kicks bounced off gear 4 luffy even though doflamingo is a very competent haki user. Haki attacks just cause luffy pain unlike most regular attacks. And even before haki sufficiently powerful blunt attacks managed to cause him harm.

Zmsp

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
I don't really agree with your proposition, but I do think Buggy will end up having a devil fruit under the wrong name, or at least it'll be more important than it seems. I know people will frown upon this idea, but the moment Vegapunk said there was an old devil fruit encyclopedia that did not include the Gum-Gum fruit, we might be in for some surprises. I know he's a gag character, but he was one of the first antagonists that Oda really thought about, so it should come as no coincidence that he's still in the story when we're entering the final arc. He even got his fruit in a similar fashion to Luffy, so caution is advised.

His role was probably thought about a long time ago, so the question is: will he ever have real power? Maybe not, and he's just a gag character to keep things light, who keeps failing upward, but I thought about the potential applications of his power given the current narrative, and there are scary possibilities.

He already has two tremendously important powers that are constantly talked about: he draws people towards him, and he's God's Natural Enemy, in case we're talking about the God of the Blade, and epithet already used in the story.

This is a bit wild, but how could his devil fruit be important?
I think full mastery of it could allow the user to split up something other than his body, like his conscience or his will/soul. He's actually called the "Genius Jester", and we have another proven genius that split himself into several pieces. He also shares some motifs with Caesar, another "Bombastic Clown". His theme is using others to do his bidding, while he remains a powerless coward, so perhaps all these new overpowered robots are missing a conscience or soul of their own, and Buggy could take control of them.

Wild stuff, but I do believe he'll stop just being a gag character at some point, at least in terms of threat level.

zetsu banned

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
The DFs haki can help with are ones that afflict you, such as Doc Q sickness, Perona making you depressed with negative hollow, Law teleporting you etc. Haki can be used to defend yourself from being effected by anothers DF power but it can't stop that person from using the power especially one that is on themselves (in Buggy's case it's on 24/7).
Perona's ability is the one in the series I can imagine being a hard thematic counter to haki. Depressing the victim should make usage of haki damn near impossible.

DeadlyBeast

Reaction score
Country
United States
Perona's ability is the one in the series I can imagine being a hard thematic counter to haki. Depressing the victim should make usage of haki damn near impossible.
That's definitely an interesting case. Depending on the person they could definitely be impacted and not be able to use haki. I'm sure stronger folk can still use haki despite their feelings

I do wonder if the ghosts are effected by haki. Like would a CoC burst push them away or can they be blocked by CoA/aCoA.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I could see it shutting down CoC at least. With the other types of haki it's probably more an issue of the victim being unwilling to activate them due to sheer depression. When subjected to it the strawhats pretty much shut down. I suppose it's also possible regular haki can be used to cancel the effects of perona's ability or even prevent it to begin with as well, much like how big mom and kaido prevented law from teleporting them around.

zetsu banned

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
That's definitely an interesting case. Depending on the person they could definitely be impacted and not be able to use haki. I'm sure stronger folk can still use haki despite their feelings

I do wonder if the ghosts are effected by haki. Like would a CoC burst push them away or can they be blocked by CoA/aCoA.
I like to believe it's a Buggy/Mihawk situation. Haki might counteract the nature of some DF, but it can't nullify the intrinsic properties of what they represent. No matter how dope of a haki swordsman Mihawk is, he can't cut Buggy (though I assume he just goes reverse-blade to bash his head in mundanely). Perona's fruit crushes the spirit of her victims... so I assume it depends on the personality of the victim. I think if there was ever a round 2 with Perona and Ussop, he'd still be able to use haki despite the ghosts' effect. Now if they can be *blocked* by haki is an interesting take, and I learn towards "probably" if the potential victim isn't caught off guard. Which... catching the victim off-guard is a HUGE advantage her ghosts have. Either way, more of a chance of a character haki-breaking her ability than, say, Boa's, considering her DF doesn't even give the victim a chance to cancel the effect once it's taken hold.