Shounen Build King by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 8, 2009
Messages
8,389
Reaction score
12,183
Gender
Male
Country
United States


Title : Build King
Genre : Action/Adventure, Comedy, Hype
Serialized in : Shounen Jump
Author and Artist : Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi
Status : Ongoing
Summary: Weekly Shounen Jump

From the creator of Toriko comes an epic new world of strange beings, quirky characters, and massive scales. Build Kings. The strongest structures in the world. Ancient contructs built to withstand the most extreme forces in existence. But behind every building is a builder. Tonkachi and Renga are two boys who hope to not only become master carpenters like their teacher, Shovel, but become skilled and strong enough to construct these mysterious buildings. Follow them are the work to build both security and peace!

So, if you've read and enjoyed Toriko, you might want to hop on this. The author isn't taking the slow route this time like before, he's jumping straight into the world building and massive scale.

Also, if you've read the recent chapter, it seems like there is going to be a bit more to the series than what the initial chapters implied.
 
Last edited:

Rax

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2016
Messages
777
Reaction score
1,255
Age
31
Country
Tartaros
Read Build King!
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,723
Reaction score
61,451
Gender
Male
Country
France
Maybe I'll read it once there are more chapters.
 

Rax

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2016
Messages
777
Reaction score
1,255
Age
31
Country
Tartaros
Maybe I'll read it once there are more chapters.
It's pretty fun.


Definitely recommend if you're into 90s - Early 2000s style of manga.

The mangaka is a master of world building, so seeing this world will be hype.
 

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 8, 2009
Messages
8,389
Reaction score
12,183
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm really enjoying how dense this is as a read. Really hope this sticks around.
 

Hermit

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
6,560
Reaction score
24,727
Age
31
Country
Mozambique
With how trigger happy WSJ is these days, hope this manages to go for a long time. I never really read Toriko, but I have heard a lot of good things about it.
As for Build King, I initially read the first 5 chapters weekly? With the current break, I decided to reread from the beginning and look for tid bits I have missed out on.
From Chapter 1, we have this page:

^ The highlighted buildings to me seem like future arcs. Especially curious about that 'Underworld Prison' , getting major Impel Down vibes from the mention of that place :nod

Cork is the best character so far. So adorable :D
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
With how trigger happy WSJ is these days, hope this manages to go for a long time. I never really read Toriko, but I have heard a lot of good things about it.
As for Build King, I initially read the first 5 chapters weekly? With the current break, I decided to reread from the beginning and look for tid bits I have missed out on.
From Chapter 1, we have this page:

^ The highlighted buildings to me seem like future arcs. Especially curious about that 'Underworld Prison' , getting major Impel Down vibes from the mention of that place :nod

Cork is the best character so far. So adorable :D
I highly recommend reading Toriko. You'll fall in love with the series if you liked BK
 

Rax

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2016
Messages
777
Reaction score
1,255
Age
31
Country
Tartaros
Shimabakuro is doing great so far with BK.

Really liking Tonkachi so far
 

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I'll pick it up tomorrow.
 

Hermit

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
6,560
Reaction score
24,727
Age
31
Country
Mozambique
Okay, just read the latest chapter.
I have a feeling that vigor hammer will become stronger the more hard stuff it breaks? Kinda like Jack the Ripper's ability from Black Clover (He was able to cut through space after a few tries). So in this case Tonkachi's hammer will be imbued with the toughness of that dragon's upper tooth.
Though, I think they will be unable to fix this house. (The tooth might take AGES to regenerate). The demons will be forced to go live on the ground with the humans, which is how Cork will end up having to join Tonkachi and Renga.
A small prediction :nod
 

Rax

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2016
Messages
777
Reaction score
1,255
Age
31
Country
Tartaros
Wonder how long until we meet some of the bigger villains.
 

Hermit

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
6,560
Reaction score
24,727
Age
31
Country
Mozambique
Tournament arc already? Interesting.
Curious about this Build Sisters group. Very curious :fan
 

Rax

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2016
Messages
777
Reaction score
1,255
Age
31
Country
Tartaros

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 8, 2009
Messages
8,389
Reaction score
12,183
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Great chapter this week. Hopefully the increased pace will garner the series a bit more attention.
 

Rax

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2016
Messages
777
Reaction score
1,255
Age
31
Country
Tartaros
Great chapter this week. Hopefully the increased pace will garner the series a bit more attention.
Tonkachi being absolutely unphased by that hit was pretty sick
 

VashDaStampede

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2010
Messages
658
Reaction score
241
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I know it's just getting started but I'm liking Build King already. I just hope it is given a chance to really shine instead of being cut short like Toriko.
 

Rax

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2016
Messages
777
Reaction score
1,255
Age
31
Country
Tartaros
I know it's just getting started but I'm liking Build King already. I just hope it is given a chance to really shine instead of being cut short like Toriko.
I hope so.

It's got those old style classic shonen vibes
 

KimCorrea

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2016
Messages
740
Reaction score
815
Age
40
Country
Brazil
Ton vigor must be white. All the colors.
So he could use 100% of every color kind like kurapika emperor time . That's why they are after him.
 

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 8, 2009
Messages
8,389
Reaction score
12,183
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Both Ton and Renga may have special Vigor. Satan Hill dude said he just mixed up the order, so they're after both.

White Vigor and Black Vigor could potentially be their thing.
 

Zehahaha

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 7, 2009
Messages
8,501
Reaction score
5,714
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Is it true that the series will be axed ? It is kinda good but not as good as Toriko, but I am surprised they want to axe it this early on
 
Top