Shoujo - Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card Arc by CLAMP | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shoujo Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card Arc by CLAMP

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire

Title: Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card Arc (カードキャプターさくら クリアカード編)
Author: CLAMP
Artist: CLAMP
Year: 2016
Publisher: Kodansha
Serialization: Nakayoshi
Genre: action, comedy, drama, fantasy, romance, shoujo, supernatural

Summary: Kinomoto Sakura graduates from Tomoeda Elementary School and is currently in her first year of junior high school. Sakura sees a mysterious dream, and an incident takes place.

The first chapter has been scanlated. Not much happening yet, it's still an introduction and bridge from the ending of the original Cardcaptor Sakura manga. I only wish that Sakura and Syaoran will stick together for good throughout the series and fight together. No more painful scenes, no more separation. I've had enough with TRC. :p

Newkerzy

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Kinda funny to see smartphones in the manga when the manga is supposed to take place in the 90s. If the time-skip went all the way to high school, it would make more sense. But that's beside the main point. Curious to see if this will get an adaptation though.

Phio-chan, nonton CCS dimana dulu? Animax ato donlot? Jd kangen masa2 pertengahan 2000-an...

phio_chan

the first and last bride
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Kinda funny to see smartphones in the manga when the manga is supposed to take place in the 90s. If the time-skip went all the way to high school, it would make more sense. But that's beside the main point. Curious to see if this will get an adaptation though.

Phio-chan, nonton CCS dimana dulu? Animax ato donlot? Jd kangen masa2 pertengahan 2000-an...
Interesting point. I didn't notice this when I read the chapter. I think CLAMP simply missed the detail as they made the setting more friendly with us in this age. Before we worry about adaptation, I'm more worried about the trajectory of this arc. I was even surprised it has the word 'arc' in the title. I mean, looking at the 'extra arc' for Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle (the Nirai Kanai hen), I had no idea what was happening actually. XD

Oh well, I have a soft spot for this series anyway, so I'll stick to the end even if it's only for the sake of watching Syaoran. :p

(P.S. I'll answer the question via PM so we won't distract others here. XD)

Kushina

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm not sure what to think of it (7 chapters have been scanlated so far). I'm not sure how I like Sakura being left out of the loop.

On an aside, was Nakayoshi desperate for slots in their anthology? I feel like there has been a slew of sequels lately in general (CCS, Boruto, Fruits Basket Another, Marmalade Boy Little...).

I also noticed the smart phone appearance and had to laugh.

On an aside, I feel sorry for Syaoran and Sakura in that Tomoyo apparently has the need to document their relationship. Sigh...

Last edited:

phio_chan

the first and last bride
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Nine chapters out, but still no hints of real plot movement or development. We can guess the generic structure of the chapters: 1 or 2 chapters to catch a new card, Syaoran and Eriol looking as enigmatic as usual, Tomoyo looking as energetic as usual, the new transfer kid probably has a secret related to the situation, and so on. I mean, even catching cards are not as fun as it used to be, and Syaoran and Sakura's relationship literally goes nowhere because the boy keeps a secret from the girl.

This series feature my first favorite manga couple ever and it failed to keep me interested. Why did they make a sequel in the first place?