Shoujo - Cat Street by Kamio Youko | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shoujo Cat Street by Kamio Youko

minna

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Australia

This is a new manga by the author of Hana Yori Dango (or other wise known as Metero Garden). It's about a former child star, Kaito (Kate) who becomes a social recluse after the betrayal of a friend. She develops a form of hikkikomori and ceases nearly all social contact with the outside world. That is until one day a man approaches her at a cafe and offers her to attend his school El Liston. It's a free school for kids like her who are, for various reasons unable to attend regular school. Along the way she meets and make friends with Momoji, a gothic lolita girl, Rie and former high school soccer star and Kouichi a computer genious. So begins Kaitos road to rediscover herself and those around her.
This is a really nice manga and it's worth a try, even if u don't like shoujo. It doesn't have complicate love-hate hexagons (so far anyway) and the problems it deals with are quite real.

So far this series is 5 volumes and ongoing, it's serialised in Magarate-Cookies. It is currently scanlated by Condensation and they have got up to volme 3 chapter 10 as of now.

Downloads:
http://www.condensation.us/

Nami

Queen of The Damned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
Re: Cat Street

R E A D T H I S SERIES!!!
Hee...bumping this thread up! ^^
I recently read Cat Street and I'm hooked! If you like Hana Yori Dango's mangaka's works, you'll love this as well. It is about how social issues or pressures of life can cause a person to become anti-social. And no, anti-social isn't a disease. It's something where you can't help getting into. This series isn't that serious on this issue, but the storyline is moving. So, has anyone read this too? Who do you think she'll end up with - Rie or Kouichi?

Anyway, heh...the Official Cat Street Japanese Website. :hbunny

Reflection_Jin

Reaction score
Country
South Korea

I have read Cat Street. Actually, I didn't like Hana Yoru Danggo. I reat that untill 3 vol.
But, I like Cat Street. The author is developing.

Emy

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil

I have read Cat Street. Actually, I didn't like Hana Yoru Danggo. I reat that untill 3 vol.
But, I like Cat Street. The author is developing.
agree w/ you :3

Yamada Ayumi

Reaction score
Country
Italy

i'm reading it (waiting for the next volume to be out >__>) and i really like it!! i'm a kouichi fan <3 and i really hope that keito will end up with him.

Zoe

Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Apparently a drama will be going into production for this manga!

I've hardly read any of this, but I think I'll give it another try...

Venien

Reaction score
Country
Canada

I just found out there's a side story in issue#5 of Bessatsu Margaret on Momiji.

Terumaru

Reaction score
Country
United States

I dunno, personally I liked Hanadan. Reading all the way through it the development of each character was pretty good and the story ended alright but I do admit that Cat Street is much better.

segua

Reviewer
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States

This is a great manga imo. Slice of life is what some would call it. It's a good change.

So the drama is out but there are only 6 episodes?

Last edited:

chiresakura

Manga Editor
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Just adding my two cents that this is a really great series. It had very few (if any) of the standard shoujo cliches, which is interesting because I felt Hana Yori Dango pretty much *defined* shoujo cliches. The Cat Street characters were pretty original, too.

I also want to mention that the Edited Mangas are nearing completion and will probably be fully released within a few weeks (A Willful Muse is on a mission). If you've had your eye on this series but haven't read it yet, now is a good time to pick it up ^_^

freaky2

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Bulgaria

I picked it up because I saw many chapters coming out, to be honest, and I really like it. If I had to describe it I'd say that it's a "nice" series. More my style than Hana Yori Dango, that's for sure. And the mangaka draws so much better now! Even more appealing :)

chiresakura

Manga Editor
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

PS - The final volume was released today. :confetti

Assymilum

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

Wow, this is nice. Definitely better than Hana Yori Dango. :thumbs

segua

Reviewer
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States

Ended very well. I was a bit worried that the last few chapters might have had a negative turn but it turned out very well. Very good light-hearted manga.

Now, time to watch the drama hehe.

aprilapple

Reaction score
Country
Canada

Ended very well. I was a bit worried that the last few chapters might have had a negative turn but it turned out very well. Very good light-hearted manga.

Now, time to watch the drama hehe.
There is a drama series coming out? As in live action....??? I hope the actors are hot LOL

destiny4ever

MH's Most Friendly Member
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: [Shoujo] Cat Street by Kamio Youko (v08)

I read this series and I liked it very much.:) My favorite character was Kouichi . It was different from HYD but it also had some similarities with it, reason why I enjoyed reading CS even more. It was fun to compare the differences and similarities between the two series.

I was looking forward to the J-drama but after finding out that Kouichi and Rei were going to be fused together in one character I wasn’t interested in watching the drama anymore.

dpsoul

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Re: [Shoujo] Cat Street by Kamio Youko (v08)

i love this manga :D