Ch254 P1 and P2 colored by me. Plzz coment on it. | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Ch254 P1 and P2 colored by me. Plzz coment on it.

OS.Hoshi

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Guatemala
Thanks for sharing your Es21 contributions, getiton! =D

Okay. The first step to do a good coloring is to have a nice, clean scan you can work with. Second, get down your base colors right. Practice getting the base colors neatly within the artline (for example, there's some color bleeding on the 1st page on Gaoh's arm). I see you got most bases down, but it still looks unfinished in that stage. And some of the colors are wrong, tho that may be the way you wished them, anyway. <__< & I know there's only so much one can get done with 2 pgs & only 2 hrs..

Once you get your bases right, you're ready to move on to shadows, where you determine the light sources & then add darker colors to certain areas, etc, etc... Shading really depends on each artist's styles, so I won't got into depth on that ^__^ Just keep on working, take a break here & there, then go back to it, & then be sure to finish it! 8D

Just for yer next time reference, Hakushuu's uniforms are green. =]

getiton

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
oh thanks that would help me alot.

abu_89

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
the only thing you need out of it is how to use the multiply trick. It's easier to use alpha channels to isolate the lineart, but, meh... that's more advanced.