Shounen Chainsaw Man by Tatsuki Fujimoto

Core D. Roy

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 10, 2006
Messages
7,363
Reaction score
9,272
Age
37
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
She killed Reze and Eto though :mono
Eto is the snake girl who was with the Machete guy who fought Aki early in the series, btw :p
Just for clarification.
We don't know if she killed Reze. If anything, it's more likely she's kept her alive for interrogation before harvesting the Bomb Devil from her to contract with/give to someone else.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Being 69 chaps behind means there's only pleasure ahead! The chapters are easy to read and get thru. Additionally, the manga is stacked with treats, replete with queens to give you a reason to live, none better than Power, Makima and Quanxii.
Hm. I see a lack of Kobeni in that list.
 

Hermit

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
6,560
Reaction score
24,727
Age
31
Country
Mozambique
We don't know if she killed Reze. If anything, it's more likely she's kept her alive for interrogation before harvesting the Bomb Devil from her to contract with/give to someone else.
Imo she did kill Reze.
One thing that we have seen consistently with Makima from the start is that she won't let anyone else have Denji. She wants him to herself (For her own nefarious purposes), and Reze wanted to take him away.
Denji would interpret this as Makima being jealous/interested in him though :e3
 

thedude

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2014
Messages
2,256
Reaction score
3,045
Gender
Male
Country
United States
And now I've caught up. Fantastic series. When i read the first chapter way back when it came out it didn't grab me. But the world building, and the pacing, has been fantastic. I'm not sure why the Chainsaw Devil is so high up on the food chain, compared to some it just seems a minor fear. But I like the mythology being built around everything. Like he's hells executioner or something (what Angel said about his revving engine being the last thing devils remember hearing before they died in hell).

Will be interesting to eventually find out what Makima is all about.
 

thedude

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2014
Messages
2,256
Reaction score
3,045
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Anytime a One Piece fan complains about lack of deaths from now on, I"m going to point them towards this series lol. I'm at the point where I'm saying "...isn't Japan running out of Devil hunters now?". This manga writer is vicious!
 

Jorden Rivera

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2017
Messages
392
Reaction score
724
Age
29
Country
United States
This is a really strange chapter, even by Chainsaw Man standards.
 

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
61,074
Gender
Female
Country
The Wall
Anytime a One Piece fan complains about lack of deaths from now on, I"m going to point them towards this series lol. I'm at the point where I'm saying "...isn't Japan running out of Devil hunters now?". This manga writer is vicious!
Omg!!!! I was salty after Quanxii was 'killed' but not anymore :hurrgasm
Oh i m frustrated too, i do enjoy when an author has the guts to kill some characters from time to time, but here we barely have the time to get attached to them that they re already dead, not even mentioning that Quanwii was impressively strong, seeing powerful characters dying that fast, without getting a little more of them, is even more frustrating, we can only get even stronger characters who will at some point probably dying too, im quite not comfortable with the power scale. that said love Makima so much, she keeps impressing me and i like how greyish character she seems to be, want to know more about her and her true motives.

and halloweeen lol :arf


As for current spoilers we might have been trolled by providers (and by the author) lol but still... :errr

here some other pics :






マキマさんに2人きりの旅行に誘われたがパワーが心配だから断るデンジ
闇の悪魔に怯えるパワーの身の回りの世話をする
自分のせいで旅行に行けなかったことをデンジに謝るパワー
お詫びに自分の血を飲んでもいいと肩を差し出す
ドアの向こうに何があるか知らなくていいとデンジが思い次週へ
 

KimCorrea

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2016
Messages
740
Reaction score
815
Age
40
Country
Brazil
Blue blood? Am i missing something?
 

Zehahaha

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 7, 2009
Messages
8,500
Reaction score
5,713
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Oh no, Beam is officially dead, same as for the Violence Devil

The spoilers were misleading, but this is a good chapter character development wise. Denji is starting to develop "friendships" and have feelings of worry towards his friends. It's something that he doesn't seem to fully comprehend but still.

I think tho it's about time the author starts explaining some things. There was a lot of action since the manga started, but not a lot of plot development.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,243
Reaction score
33,629
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Yes this was the first real decision Denji has made, iirc. He chose to stick by a friend in need over chasing Makima's tail, giving an indication of what could motivate him when he consciously understands what goals actually are.
 

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Jun 13, 2016
Messages
3,149
Reaction score
12,486
Age
31
Gender
Female
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
So how does Aki intend to fight the gun devil with one arm? Or is this temporary?

Kobeni's car ranking higher than her in the popularity poll is hilarious. I wonder if sending in her resignation after every major battle will become a running gag :lmao

I thought Power was adorable this chapter. Her PTSD was actually believable considering what happened in hell. I'm glad Denji stayed with her instead of following his basic instincts.

RIP Beam :feelsbadman
 

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
NOOOOOOO BEAM:emocat

Other than that, chapters are really good. Denji vs Doll Devil was a beautifully drawn
 

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
At my snail pace, just wanted say Himeno did Denji sooo dirty.



Also, Power is a dollar store Zero Two.

Makima best girl
Keep going.
 

Hermit

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
6,560
Reaction score
24,727
Age
31
Country
Mozambique
So how does Aki intend to fight the gun devil with one arm? Or is this temporary?
One armed people are quite powerful in manga, after all ;)

I thought that whole losing arms stuff in Hell was metaphorical, so the arms would just reattach normally once they got back. I am more surprised the effects were permanent.
 

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Jun 13, 2016
Messages
3,149
Reaction score
12,486
Age
31
Gender
Female
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
One armed people are quite powerful in manga, after all ;)

I thought that whole losing arms stuff in Hell was metaphorical, so the arms would just reattach normally once they got back. I am more surprised the effects were permanent.
Well not that permanent since Makima recovered quite well. I'm starting to think we should just not count her as any sort of gauge lol.

I hope there's a way to reverse the effects though. Angel losing both arms, Aki losing one, it just seems weird that they'd get handicapped like this.
 
Top