Shounen Chainsaw Man by Tatsuki Fujimoto

Mrwanton

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2016
Messages
256
Reaction score
678
Country
United States
I just finished reading this yesterday. That was super crazy. Surprised how invested I got towards the end since going in I thought it was just an edgy gorefest. Which in a way I guess it was considering almost everyone except for like 3 characters died.

Looking forward to part 2 whenever that is. Really curious as to how Denji will raise Nayuta and become friends with the blood devil again
 

Alley

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Feb 22, 2021
Messages
7
Reaction score
4
Country
Water Tribe
I just love...Aki's character so much....
Someone who had always lived for the past ( finding a way to revenge for his dead family) finally learned how to over come it and cherish the present ( withdrawing from the mission for the sake of Denji and Power, his current living teammates). But when he died, he is forever trapped in the dream of his childhood, forever trapped in his past.
And they called it a happy ending.

Is it really a happy ending for him..?
 

Aurelius

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 10, 2019
Messages
3,148
Reaction score
8,858
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Heads up: The 2nd popularity poll is currently ongoing until March 31st, can vote every day. Yes, Kobeni's car is still an option, even Fujimoto lol, among many others (127 total).
For me, the choice is easy: VOTE Reze!
 

Asako

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2018
Messages
2,062
Reaction score
15,308
Gender
Female
Country
Tunisia
You know, i may never been in this thread but I'm hopping in to post this
 

Gladiolus

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 24, 2019
Messages
507
Reaction score
1,376
Age
29
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
After finishing the manga, I have mixed feelings about it continuing. In one hand, seeing more CSM crazyness is always welcome. On the other, I don't want Denji to suffer anymore. He finally got his happy ending, and the mangaka will probably put him through more painful moments in this second saga. I just want my boy to be happy ;_;
 

Aurelius

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 10, 2019
Messages
3,148
Reaction score
8,858
Gender
Male
Country
United States
After finishing the manga, I have mixed feelings about it continuing. In one hand, seeing more CSM crazyness is always welcome. On the other, I don't want Denji to suffer anymore. He finally got his happy ending, and the mangaka will probably put him through more painful moments in this second saga. I just want my boy to be happy ;_;
For part 2, I'm hoping for 2 things. Since it'll be a school arc, I'm praying for this:

And for Kishibe to go all out, that is one thing I have to see.
 

Gladiolus

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 24, 2019
Messages
507
Reaction score
1,376
Age
29
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
For part 2, I'm hoping for 2 things. Since it'll be a school arc, I'm praying for this:

And for Kishibe to go all out, that is one thing I have to see.
Once again you show impeccable taste, Beno, cause I want both of these two things to happen in Part 2 too 👍
 

Hermit

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
6,560
Reaction score
24,727
Age
31
Country
Mozambique
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

--- Double Post Merged, ---


Apologies for the double posting :sweat The full Twitter post is linked underneath the original one.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

The top 10:
1. Aki
2. Makima
3. Power
4. Denji
5. Reze
6. Hirofumi
7. Angel
8. Himeno
9. Pochita
10. Kobeni.
 

Aurelius

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 10, 2019
Messages
3,148
Reaction score
8,858
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Aki wins and Reze top secondary, I'll gladly take it. :D

Kobeni's car drop :lmao, simple car depreciation :teach.

Makima 2nd with 76,733 votes..., @Belserion how'd you pull this off 🤔
 

Gladiolus

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 24, 2019
Messages
507
Reaction score
1,376
Age
29
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Yoshida is top 10 despite being in a single arc for a few pages. Being a bishonen who weaponizes hent@i tentacles sure has it's perks.
 

Aurelius

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 10, 2019
Messages
3,148
Reaction score
8,858
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Lots of threats and bribes :nod Can't keep a queen down.
Straightforward and effective, I see.
Use multiple devices and multiple browsers, and bam! Votes galore :XD
 

A$APBog

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2021
Messages
374
Reaction score
348
Age
29
Country
France
For part 2, I'm hoping for 2 things. Since it'll be a school arc, I'm praying for this:

And for Kishibe to go all out, that is one thing I have to see.
I think Kishibe is more the kind of character which is more incredibly efficient than overpowered.

By the way, it's really interesting to read Chainsaw Man again just for his dialogues according to the context
 

Hrathgrath

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2008
Messages
2,308
Reaction score
1,817
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Oh that looks really good :zomg
Anime trailer

That looks like an anime I may actually watch! I stopped watching so much anime when I started reading Manga, so I generally only watch the climax episodes, or when I think something might look particularly cool animated. But this one looks like it just might grab the old BLEACH viewership! (Myself included of course!)
 

Core D. Roy

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 10, 2006
Messages
7,363
Reaction score
9,272
Age
37
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
I am struggling to retain my dam of cautious optimism through the absolute hype river that is that trailer. If the show is anywhere near as good as that trailer, Chainsaw Man is about to blow up ***BIG***.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

That looks like an anime I may actually watch! I stopped watching so much anime when I started reading Manga, so I generally only watch the climax episodes, or when I think something might look particularly cool animated. But this one looks like it just might grab the old BLEACH viewership! (Myself included of course!)
Denji is the ultimate version of the "punk hero" shonen protagonist archetype. Same character tree as a Yusuke or Ichigo, but with NONE of their character issues. The world really is about to say "I LOVE CHAINSAW"
 
Top