Chapter 294 contributions :) | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Chapter 294 contributions :)

vlado

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Well the chapter title says it all.

nytrogyn

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
i started cleaning a page to color, feel free to use it

nytrogyn

Reaction score
Country
Canada
here we are, it took a while, but i think it turned out pretty good. can someone (batanga, rc) help me with the black globs? i didnt know what to do with them, and i was getting really tired

kyuubi unleashed (1.4Mb):

For: Shannaro, Japflap
Time: 4 hours

metalanime

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
heres a weak attempt at the cover. Didnt really try too hard as the cover isnt hq, but the cleaning was done well. I used both matsuos and vlados covers. Anyone can use.

holmes221

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
metal, that's a fine coloring. love it.

e-s-g

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Here is my contribution. It's been ages since i made one. It's one of the last panels of 294. Cleaned and coloured by me. ^_^

EDIT: It's for Shannaro and Inane.

donkeyhigh

Reaction score
Country
Norway
metalanime said:
heres a weak attempt at the cover. 
Fuck you, that's a great cover! great colouring, so stop rubbing it in to us that can't do cool stuff like that! :p

Nah, I love you :p but God damnit, that's a nice coloured picture.. so don't act like it's easy, because I sure as hell can't do stuff like that..
Teach me! :)
Tell me which programs I have to use, give me a turtourial, whatever, I just want to make my drawings cooler..
Oh, and a turtuorial for drawing manga would be cool to :)
Okay, kinda off topic, I know, but I'd really like to be able to make images like that :)

vlado

Reaction score
Metal Anime , i love your coloring style :) , i really whan't to improve beacause i particulary suck at coloring :)
Can you give me some pointers?

metalanime

Reaction score
Country
United States
I dont really do all that much, just try to imagine or related things to the way things look in life. For skin, I select a color that makes sense, and for the shadows on the skin, I change the color diagonally down to the right on the color scale till it gives a good contrast an put it opposite of the light direction. If I dont think it contrasts enough Ill burn it a bit and blend it in with some smudging. I guess the best tip I can give is not to be afriad of certain areas being too intense. When I started out, all my colors looked kind of dull because while you could see the shadows, they really didnt look like shadows. If you go outsite and its a really bright day, or there is only one sourse of light, the shadow the light creates is usually strong, not just a tad darker, to thats the principal I followed. Same thing with clothes, pick you cloth color, and a little light refraction, and anything else that you think would be overshadowed, just burn it a bit. And know when to have it faded in or an immediate contrast. All of that info you can get by looking at light hits the clothes and stuff like that. Apply a little bit or reality just to get an Idea.

As far as why it was a weak attempt, Kakashis black shirt is one of the things I could have done better on, I only had black, and the light part, but since the cleans I was using werent from high quality scan I didnt bother with that and wasnt really trying to get anything perfect. It came out fine, but even then Im still a tad dissapointed with the kakashi cover. If anything I liked the way the book came out, but was dissapointed with the gloves, especially cause the cover was kind of odd and an unidentifiable black thing over the metal plate. Im just waiting for batanga and vhea to come and show me up. Probably DD as well. I only use photoshop cs2, but sometimes in the beginning I would use bryce 5 for sky backgrounds. Bryce is a 3d landscape modeling program that Im not all that great with.

I was thinking about doing the kyuubi page that nytro did as well, but once the hq comes out. I was kind of debating on whether the black balls should be a flat color, or super smooth and reflective. What do you guys think?

Galth

Puella Magi
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
eileenting88 said:
Here's my contribution. Any groups can use it. I dont mind.
:thumbs well done eileen, i really like this one, though myself i'd prefer the hair a little lighter...

metalanime said:
I was thinking about doing the kyuubi page that nytro did as well, but once the hq comes out. I was kind of debating on whether the black balls should be a flat color, or super smooth and reflective. What do you guys think?
with black, i prefer to have them flat, and in this case flat is even more obvious ( to me ), as it's like some dark blobby matter ( "black often looks grey when highlighting" - Allessio Cavatore ). Good Luck!

Leen

MH's Peacemaker
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
If I colour the orb, I think I will not make it look solid. I will make it a bit reflective like the chakra jello when Naruto has 3 tails. Simple black or red orb wont look too interesting. Who knows? *shrugs*

Ah, for the hair, it is really hard and I am still trying to colour Kakashi's hair. :s I'll try and do better next time.

metalanime

Reaction score
Country
United States
kakashis hair is a bit odd to color, but the thing I noticed wrong in yours is that its too linear, you have the shaded part going all the way to that one center point. Tha makes it look like his hair is laying flat. Instead create the shaded areas in bits and pieces. as for the chakra ball, Ill probably do both flat and shiny, just for the sake of making soemthing shiny.

Leen

MH's Peacemaker
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah, I know the hair is wrong. It does need to be improved. Maybe I should do more "> > >" than just concentrating on that one point. Thanks. I'll keep that in my head. It's just that I have seen too many Naruto's "^^^^^" that the hair becomes too spiky and stiff. I want to do something more hair like instead of "^ ^ ^". Anyway, I'll try and do better next time.

batanga

Reaction score
Country
Finland
I´m now coloring the dark orb page.

I´ll make it look like the palantír from the Lord of the Rings. Jet black with a fiery red "heart."

Good job all!

Vhea

Reaction score
Country
Spain
metalanime said:
Im just waiting for batanga and vhea to come and show me up.
don't worry mine is in progress... Probably i will upload today ^^

nytrogyn

Reaction score
Country
Canada
pour japflap ^^
(thanks eagle, for cleaning the cover):

for shannaro:

wow, just cell-shading anime style took me over 5 hours.. what a way to spend my time...