Chapter 37 - You've grown a little stronger | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Chapter 37 - You've grown a little stronger

Djmewmew

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Blah. Chappie didn't exactly turn out how I planned but I still like it X3 Sorry about the wait, stuff just got piled onto stuff and arrrgh. so yeah. gomenasai! Oh and "..." is talking, '...' is thinking

“Onii-san, I'll definetly make you proud!”

‘Easier said than done’ Tabitha thought glumly from where she sat in the training hall. She’d been practicing all day, but ‘how am I supposed to get stronger if I haven’t any idea how too?!” she mused as kicked a wall.

…………

“OOOOOW!” ……well that didn’t help. She was frustrated, tired, thirsty, and now, her foot hurt too. Tabby idly wondered if this was what Rinvak felt like usually. Meh. She left herself fall onto her back and began to stare idly at the patterns created by sunlight coming through a window…………

----------------

*crashbangboomcracka’splode*

‘Huh? What was that……….musta dozed off……or something’ Tabby thought groggily as she sat up and looked around. “Oh, hey Rinvak. What are you doing here?” She said flatly.

“…………tripping over you” Rinvak said as she sat up from her face plant. “Ouch. Damn. I’m bleeding.” Rinvak said moodily as she wiped blood from a scrape on her forehead, “Could you have picked a better place to nap?” Tabby said nothing. “I mean hasn’t your brother ever told yo-“ At the mention of her brother Tabby tightened up, and looked as if she was going to cry. ‘Aw shit, now you’ve done it.’ Rinvak thought as she internally kicked herself for her stupidity, ‘Don’t bring it up you dumbass! Be nice damnit!’ “-u……Ah…..sorry ‘bout that.” Tabby still said nothing. ‘Damn. Now she hates me. It was so much easier when she was a spaz.’ Unsure of what to say, Rinvak let the awkward silence continue.

Tabby was the first to speak. “I’m……….supposed to get stronger, make nii-san proud, but I’m such an idiot, I’ve got no idea how to……….” Tabby said as she pulled her knees to her chest, as if to make herself as small as possible.
‘ACK. Now she’s depressed. That’s worse than hating me. What am I supposed to do? I’m no good at this touchy-feely crap!!!’ Rinvak frantically thought. “Well, a……I guess…… I could help you………or something…..” She managed to mumble out. At this Tabby lifted her head and gave a small, sad smile, a fraction of its former self.
“Well, where do we start?” Tabby asked.
“………..no idea.”
“Some help you are.”
“Hey, I’m new at this!” Rinvak growled back. Tabby visibly flinched at her raised voice. “Ah. Sorry…….” More awkward silence. “Er…….well is there anything you know you need help on?”
“Well, I’ve noticed my Innocence isn’t reacting as well as it usually does today.”
“Eh? Show me.” At Rinvak’s request, Tabby stood up and activated it. As it flared into life, Rinvak saw nothing wrong. If Tabby was losing control over it, there would be some sort of sign, some sign of weakness, but it looked the same as always. “Well maybe its because of your low synch rate.”
“59 is a good number!” Tabby retorted.
“Not really.”
“Oh yeah? What’s yours?”
“88.” Rinvak smirked
“…………………………………….”
“Not so good anymore is it?” That comment earned Rinvak a rather nasty glare she hadn’t thought Tabby capable of. “…….er……..yeah. Well, it’s a good thing that you’ve noticed it seems odd.”
“eh?”
“Well, you never noticed that before right?”
“Yeah, so what?”
“Well, noticing it means that your actually trying to improve for once.”
“I guess-HEY! You make me sound like a slacker or something.”
“And smiling your way out of training isn’t slacking?” Rinvak got another glare. Tabby was going to have to stop this. The glaring was her thing, smiling was Tabby’s. “Well, once again you’ve noticed it, so you’re not slacking anymore. It’s an important first step.”
“….umkay…….?”
“Now you need to work on improving your synch rate.”
“And how would I go about doing that?”
“Dunno.” Rinvak shrugged, “It’s different for everybody. The trick is to let yourself go and let the Innocence tell your mind what to do.”
Tabby seemed slightly surprised at her answer, and Rinvak wondered what the hell she had thought you had to do. “Well, I’m off to the infirmary. My forehead is still bleeding.” Rinvak frowned as she stood up and headed for the door.
“Ah…..wait!” Tabby called from behind her. “…..Thanks.”
“No problem” Rinvak said with a slight smile.

‘Nii-san, I’m not giving up yet!’

Can I request that next time Tabby is in a big battle, can I write a small piece of it? Becuase I've got plans. And such plans they are XD. I'm asking this becuase I'm almost positive that a big battle will happen between now and my next chapter ><

rhapsody blue

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Awwwwwwwwwww... so cute! It's nice to see Tabitha and Rinvak getting along. :hbunny

I've been looking forward to your chapter for such a long time. This board was kinda getting dead because there wasn't an update on the story but school comes first!

I hope there isn't a big battle soon... though I shouldn't care since I won't be writing for a while. :sweat

Overall, good job! I can't wait to read the next chapter ::coughcoughmagiercoughcough::

AthrunZala222

59? *cough* newb *cough* j/k :D

I waited so long to read this! I'm glad it was worth it ^^

rhapsody blue

Reaction score
Country
United States
Forgot to write this down but am I correct to guess that Tabitha's Innocence will be evolving?

Djmewmew

Reaction score
Country
United States
Not evovling, second opening >< Appearnace isn't changing, just its function[br]Posted on: March 05, 2007, 07:16:12 PM_________________________________________________
AthrunZala222 said:
59? *cough* newb *cough* j/k :D

I waited so long to read this! I'm glad it was worth it ^^

....................newbs pwn j00 XD j/k She cared more about being silly and playing pranks than training. She avoided it like teh plauge. So duh, she's a newb XD

tune

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
'zero to hero' ? :D i'm really loking forward to tabby's REAL action in battle! :)

Djmewmew

Reaction score
Country
United States
tune said:
'zero to hero' ? :D i'm really loking forward to tabby's REAL action in battle! :)
*pictures Tabby as one of those dancing ladies on those pots in Hercules.* Ack >_+

Schwindelmagier

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Uih, I feel sorry for Tabby. She was so depressed but now, everything kinda seems to be okay. Gambare, Tabby ^__^.
And her Innocence is about to evolve? Nice idea.