Chapter 62 - Rock Song | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Chapter 62 - Rock Song

rosalefay

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
A/N:
I know the title is a sucky pun. Get over it. =)

Chapter 62 - Rock Song

PART UNO:
"Don’t let him touch you!”

Tabby’s voice resonated through the tunnels as she shoved Eny and a pair of Finders out of the way of the charging I.A. The other Finders followed suit, getting out of his way. “Wha-?” Eny started to ask, but I.A. was coming again and Tabby had to charge to the other side of the tunnel to pull Daniel out of his path. Frantically, Tabby’s eyes searched the tunnel. She couldn’t keep protecting Eny and the Finders like this. Her thoughts whirled as I.A. turned to charge again. “Tabby.” Eny’s voice came from beside her- how had Eny gotten there? “We cannot merely keep dodging. This tunnel is quite small. We will run out of space,” Her voice shook slightly as she assessed the desperate situation. Tabby nodded quickly, drawing herself closer to the tunnel wall. “If we don’t do something quickly, we will all die. I-I don’t wanna die. I don’t know what to do.”

It was obviously a new concept to Eny. Tabby frowned. Okay, Eny was freaking out; the Finders really couldn’t help that much… looked like it was up to Tabby this time. I.A. had stopped trying to run the crowd through; instead, he stopped before Tabby, Eny, Daniel and some other Finders. A sick smile was on his face. “Hello, pretty ladies, and other people,” He said silkily, stepping forward. “Aren’t you going to fight me?”

Silence was his only answer. Eny stepped closer to one of the Finders, her breathing betraying that she was holding back fear. Tabby instinctively held her arms up, shielding the Finders and Eny.

His smooth smile slid from his face. He took another step forward.

PART DUEX:
Tabby seized Eny and one of the Finder’s arms, shoving them to the side. Eny shrieked, burying her face in her hands as I.A. swept forwards the deal a blow to Tabby’s left side.

Tabby yelled something- Eny didn’t hear or want to hear what she said. (1) A high, piercing sound that Eny couldn’t quite make out filled the stifled air. It was soaring and indistinguishable, and anything beneath that church right now seemed to be the sound of battle, but it was beautiful. She parted her fingers, peering through them.

A small being seemed to have stopped I.A.’s attack. Eny gasped, but the figure disappeared. Tabby swore under her breath, turning and stepping backwards in Eny’s direction- away from I.A. She nearly tripped over Eny, who stood quickly. “What wa-?”

“Spirit. Innocence. Ideas, please?” Tabby said quickly, as I.A. shook off the shock of being stopped. Eny’s calculating gaze quickly swept around the tunnel. A gasp of recognition arose from her, and she hissed in Tabby’s ear.

“Keep him busy. My superior intellect has hatched a plan.”

“Easy for you to say,” Tabby mumbled. Eny rolled her eyes.

“Don’t complain, just do!” And with that, she hurried from behind Tabby towards one of the larger Finder groups who stood huddled away from the battle.

Sighing, Tabby turned back to I.A.

PART THREE:
He lunged at her, his movements smooth, but she danced out of the way of his gloved fists, which collided with the rock wall. Several inches of old rock fell away. Tabby backed up, and he sprang again. This time, his gloved hand clipped her shoulder as she ducked his hit. On this went, until Tabby’s back was against the opposite wall.

Quickly, she spat out the Earth spirit’s name. It blocked a blow before disappearing. Her eyes flew over I.A.’s shoulder. Eny’s eyes met hers. ‘Almost,’ the younger girl mouthed. ‘One minute.’

I.A. threw another punch to Tabby’s stomach and Tabby lurched forward. Speedily getting out of the way of a kick, she straightened. ‘Can you make it any less?’

PART VIER:
“Daniel!” Eny shouted.

“Right next to you…” Grumbled the Finder, rubbing his ear as he watched Tabby and I.A.’s battle. She glared up at him.

“Gather all the Finders and get them to a concentrated area, preferably away from Tabby and the Noah,” Daniel nodded, a headed off. “Oh, and Daniel?” He turned. Eny’s eyes flew to the fight as Tabby took another hit. “Make it fast.” He nodded understandingly.

“Oi! Everybody, over here!” He called, summoning the other Finders away. Standing close to one wall, he looked to Eny, Tabby and I.A. Eny had taken the bazooka from its position strapped to her back. She cocked it on one shoulder, and aimed.

“Now!” He heard her shriek.

PART GO:

Tabby’s eyes flew to Eny at her yell, and took another blow for her trouble. Eny’s giant gun was aimed at the ceiling above her and I.A. Her eyes widened as she realized what Eny planned to do. “En-!” She started, but was cut off by a gunshot.

Tabby ducked under I.A.’s arm as he swung to hit her again. Sprinting, she seized Eny’s wrist- the younger girl let out violent screams of protest- and pulled her towards the crowd of Finders. The group was a shrieking mosh-pit of terror as Tabby and Eny plunged into the middle. Around them, the tunnel was collapsing.

Shoving Eny into the group’s depths- where she ended up, Tabby wasn’t quite sure- Tabby began to sing. She pushed her eyes shut, hurrying along through the song as soon as her Innocence fed the words to her brain. She felt a rock falling from the tunnel roof skim her left arm. She could feel the energy building, and at last she burst out the last unknown word to the song.

PART SITA:

Eny shrieked, clinging to the nearest Finder. This had not entered into her calculations. Her deduction had been incorrect, perhaps she had not aimed correctly, whatever the reason, they were all going to die, all because her IQ had not been there when she needed it. She buried her face in the Finder’s arm- she heard him mumble something, perhaps a prayer or a good-bye to one he loved. The earth shook with a great and terrible power.

The falling rocks stopped.

Slowly, Eny pulled her face to look around. A being stood- well, it didn’t really stand, as it had no legs- in the center of their group. Around their tightly knit pack, the rocks had fallen to build a dome around them. The spirit twisted, and was gone. They were stuck, but they were safe.

Beside the place the spirit had been, Tabby collapsed into the waiting arms of a Finder.

Quickly, Eny fought her way towards the Finder and Tabby. “Is she okay?” She asked. The Finder nodded, a slight smile upon the older woman’s face.

“She’ll be fine,” She confirmed as Daniel fought his way over.

“What the hell was that?” He burst out. Eny let out a shuddering sigh.

“I miscalculated the strength of the tunnel. It will never happen again,” She said slowly. It was hard for Eny to admit she was wrong. She sank to sit on the ground. “The Noah-?”

Daniel shrugged. “I dunno,” He sat down on the floor beside Eny and the older Finder who held Tabby. “Maybe he got out. Maybe he didn’t. What do we do now?

“We wait,” The older woman answered, smoothing back the fallen Tabby’s hair as she laid her out of the ground. “What else can we do?”

“Nothing,” Daniel agreed. Eny groaned.

“I hate this!”

PART SJU:

Tabby stirred. “Kid!” Daniel’s voice called out. Eny let out an indistinguishable noise that might’ve been happiness. Slowly, Tabby opened her eyes. Eny and Daniel stood over her. She groaned.

“It worked?” Eny nodded.

Tabby groaned again. “What the hell were you thinking?”

“I figured it out wrong, okay?” Eny snapped. Daniel winced. A near death experience aside and those two were still arguing…

“That’s apparent! I had to save all our asses!”

“It was a small mishap!”

Daniel grinned slightly as the pair fell into their usual pattern of arguing. Sure, they were stuck beneath a church with or without a Noah somewhere around, but with those two fighting, every seemed a little bit more… normal.

Maybe they might be okay after all.

A/N:

If I.A. is dead or not is someone else's choice. x3 Can you tell battles are not my forte? Also, the numbers go- Spanish, French, English, German, Japanesse, Swahili, then Norwegian. =3

rhapsody blue

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yay for first post!

I knew that i could count on you to figure out this fight! ^^ I knew that a battle between i.a. would be hard to write due to his ability in addition to the fact that it was confined in a small tunnel.

The interaction among the characters were great especially towards the end. Now you have to worry about escape (hope you have enough oxygen) and maybe a lurking Noah who probably is pissed.

Great chapter!

Raijatsu

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
couldn't ia simply turn the wall into dust...?
well he's too powerfull we really need a restriction there (I hate unrestricted powers)

anyway great chapter ^^ I thought of that possibility aswell (thats why i asked about the functions of goddes song) but you worked it out way better than I thought of it

Congrats!

rhapsody blue

Reaction score
Country
United States
couldn't ia simply turn the wall into dust...?
well he's too powerfull we really need a restriction there (I hate unrestricted powers)
He can only turn living things to dust, not inanimate objects. The reason why he wore gloves in my chapter was the fact that he could turn his family into dust if he wasn't careful. Once he removes them, however, get out of his way. ^^

Hope that clears things up.

:: edit :: My 1000th post and it was on your chapter, rosa! congrats! :confetti

Last edited:

Raijatsu

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
ahh living things.. wait he had Fermiums ribbon!!! :wtf

rhapsody blue

Reaction score
Country
United States
ahh living things.. wait he had Fermiums ribbon!!! :wtf
I'm assuming that he was wearing his gloves when he was taken care of the cat...well, I hope so anyway. LOL

That's another story for another chapter. Sorry, rosa!

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
awesome chapter, really good - and so fast after each other...

coooooollll :D

AthrunZala222

even if he didn't get out it would be pathetic for a Noah to die in a cave-in...
they're supposed to be immortal unless you do what Allen and Kanda did. Destroy the entire body so that there's nothing left or kill the Noah within.
IA HAS to be alive >> (dunno y I've gotten attached to him but I HAVE!)

Note for upcoming chapters: Not fair if good guys always win >>

Schwindelmagier

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Great chapter and I am sure it was hard to write. There's not much known about I.A. so far. Pity, huh? I am sure he's really pissed off. Interaction between Tabby and Eny..great as always. Uh~~ they're trapped in a tunnel. waah~worse case.
I thought the kitty were dead?

rhapsody blue

Reaction score
Country
United States
I thought the kitty were dead?
Um...let me clarify: Fermium is alive. I.A. just took the bow from the cat to show proof that the Noahs have the cat and probably left the cat at camp. Poor Fermy; he probably is getting tortured by the kids.

Unless you want Fermy to be dead, but it depends on rosa's decision since it is her cat.

Schwindelmagier

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Yeah, her decision. But I did not think the Noah would show mercy....
Haha, the quote is cool. You can even misunderstand that...exploded in my....OMG, perverse thoughts again. Gomen.

rosalefay

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Fermy can be dead or alive. If he's dead, though, that means Eny-angst which doesn't work too well. But, whatevers fine with me.

Schwindelmagier

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
It's almost your cat. You can decide ^_^.

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Yeah, her decision. But I did not think the Noah would show mercy....
Haha, the quote is cool. You can even misunderstand that...exploded in my....OMG, perverse thoughts again. Gomen.
Héhé why can't they have mercy. When there is/was a traitor among them in the original story and this one.