Chapter 66 - My Angel | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Chapter 66 - My Angel

Djmewmew

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey everybody. Sorry about the small (for me XD) wait for this chapter......Pirates of the Caribbean:3.....is distracting........mostly, Will Turner is VERY distracting <3 Also, my teachers are pulling the 'WE"RE WORKING RIGHT UP UNTIL THE END =DDDDDDDDD!!!!!!11!!111!!!" crap. But 'cha Rinvak angst ahead. I've wanted to write this chapter for a while now, but I've always had more.....immediate ideas. I'm actually glad I waited, this is the perfect spot to stick this in. Partially inspired by the song "To the Moon and Back" by Savage Garden, though I like the East Clubbers' version better, it contains only the Rinvak-ish part and is much catchier ;3

Theme for Opening + Final - Yellowcard - Way Away http://www.sendspace.com/file/ba40y2

“Looks like you finally serious about dieing”

Wind, feathers, and pages whirled around her. Even as her head continued attempting to reject the concept that Ami-Uriel was the enemy, her heart was already slipping into its defensive state. It simply closed itself off, like it had so many times before.

Theme - Regret - Gackt http://www.sendspace.com/file/gzxpgi
“Mommy, am I evil?”

“Honey, why ever would you think that?”

“Mrs. Richards next door called me it. She said she wouldn’t let me play with Cassie anymore. Mommy, what’s so bad about me?”

“Nothing is wrong with you, my angel.”

My angel”. Her Mom had always called her that. No, it was only after her 4th birthday her Mom had called her that. That was when the wings had poked out from her back. That was when people started looking at her different. That was when her Mom got sick.

It was tuberculosis that took her Mom away. Slowly. But since it was diagnosed only weeks after her wings had appeared, people began to blame Rinvak. Something that had been the village’s miracle, an angel born on earth, was suddenly a demon in disguise, something here to harm them all. As her Mom ebbed away, Rinvak was shunned more and more. Children who were her friends where told by their parents to stay away. People gave her glares whenever they saw her. They called her things her Mom told her never to repeat. But as sick as she was, her Mom was always there, taking the place of all the friends she’d lost, to comfort her when she came home crying.

She was told that her Mom would probably die, but when your 8 years old, it doesn’t seem possible. That the one who tucks you in, knows how to make your sandwich just right, knows exactly where to tickle to you so you’ll laugh yourself silly, can one day, be gone. It was so sudden. The day before had been one of the rare days she felt well enough to go places. She’d taken Rinvak to into town to buy her a new dress. When they got home though, she’d started to cough up blood. By the next afternoon, she was gone.

After her death, Rinvak’s life became hell. Her Dad became depressed, and began to believe what the village had for a long time. It was Rinvak’s fault. He didn’t beat and hit her, no, he never did anything physical, but the things he said, constantly said, left her heart with scars no one would ever see.
And the death was just the final confirmation of her evilness for the village. The names, the glares, the rejection got 10 times worse. Even the children, being fed a steady stream of “don’t go near her” began to join in. It was cool to play cruel pranks on her, to make her cry. So she closed off her heart

By the time she was 13, she was desperate. She thought about running away, but she had no money, and the first village that wouldn’t know who she was was days away. Even then, what if the people there were just as cruel? And the stupid wings were too small to fly with. She was even being to believe she was evil too. She thought about suicide, but every time she’d try, she’d get scared and chicken out. So she shut down her heart.

By the time she was 14, she was a walking corpse. Her mind was following the heart’s example. Then one day, a woman came to town. She was tall and blond, wearing all black. She had a monkey, which amused the children to no end. But people were a bit wary of her, because half of her face was covered in huge scars. Rinvak was mostly indifferent to her arrival, just like anything else, if anything a little happy because the monkey kept the kids enthralled and away from her for minutes at a time. But Rinvak knew she’d be gone, just like everything else, so she didn’t think about it. But the woman, the woman sought her out instead. One day as Rinvak was sitting on an old rundown dock staring at the sea. She spent a lot of time here, since the dock was falling apart, no one was around to bother her. The woman came down and sat next to her.

“So are you are the one the town’s been talking about.”

“…………” Rinvak kept her eyes locked firmly out to sea.

“They weren’t lying, you’ve really got them!” the woman said, indicating her wings. There was no trace of malice in her voice, just surprise and openness.

“……….” Rinvak had long given up trying to hide them.

“Well, my name is Cloud Nine. What’s yours?”

“………”

“Ok. This is tiresome. Are you going to talk or what?”

“…….What does it matter? You’ll be gone in a couple of days anyway. Just a memory.” Rinvak finally said, her eyes never leaving the horizon. The older woman’s eyes narrowed.

“I can’t stand people like you. Who’ve accepted their sorry state, and don’t strive to get above it. Those wings, they’re something called Innocence. What everyone says about them, is bullshit. With those wings, you can’t fight the real evil in this world, akuma. You’re an exorcist. The Black Order, that’s the organization for exorcists, would love to have you. We need you.” Involuntarily, Rinvak’s eyes swung over to the woman’s face. She was staring intensely back, a look of determination on her face. “You can prove to all these people that you’re more than what they say, prove to yourself. Will you come?” Rinvak so did want to go, to leave this place, be free of this torment…..but this was the only home she had ever known. Could she really leave it? What if everyone was just as cruel, what if this lady was lying? Rinvak looked back up into the woman’s face. No, she wasn’t lying. Her eyes were too passionate, too determined. She really might need her. For someone who had shut down her heart for a couple of years, this idea hurt. But in a way, it was good. She made her decision.

“This…..isn’t my home….anymore. There’s no one here who cares.”

“Well then, how we go find you a new home.” The woman stood up, offered out her hand. Rinvak took it.

“I could never kill myself for myself, but I will die if means protecting those I care about. You, unfortunately, are not one of them anymore.” This time would be different, she’d only shut down part of her heart. No, she wouldn’t shut it down; she’d kill the part of her heart the belonged to Amiti, and bury Uriel with it.

So, didja like it? Rinvak had no past, and I had this one line in my head "Mommy, am I evil?" The rest sorta followed from there. I know we haven't really met Cloud yet, but she came off to me as some who lives life, wears her heart on her sleeve, and is independant. So I wrote her like that. =D I still wanna know more about her <3 School's almost over for me, and my sis's gymnastics schduale is pretty busy (she's like, really good and stuff), so I get the feeling I'll be around a lot this summer. And be a heck of a lot more prompt with my chapters.

Last edited:

rhapsody blue

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: Chapter 56 - My Angel

Yay! First post!

Awww...Rinvak has a sad story. It was so touching when her mother told her that she was an angel.

Poor her! Getting blame for everything that went wrong in the village. I guess she was lying about the fact she does not have a tragic past in Ch. 46 because she does not want to be group with the others. XD

I like how you introduce Cloud Nine in the story - this is how I imagine the general to be. I like how she knocked some sense into Rinvak and told her that everything will be just fine.

Good job! :thumbs

Last edited:

Djmewmew

Reaction score
Country
United States

thanks. XD I thought it was Eny who was all "HEY! Dun group me with j00 peeps D:" but I tend to screw up on small details.

Raijatsu

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany

nice chapter finally I know a bit more about rinvak ^^
I think you decribed Cloud very well, IF she will apear again in the manga she won't be better than that ^^
hmm Rinvak has these wings all the time? I never noticed that before... well maybe I overread this ;p

rhapsody blue

Reaction score
Country
United States

thanks. XD I thought it was Eny who was all "HEY! Dun group me with j00 peeps D:" but I tend to screw up on small details.
It's okay! Rinvak is a tough girl so she does not want to share her past with the others because she does not want any sympathy. *just thought of a reason why she would say that* XD

Djmewmew

Reaction score
Country
United States

Ah yeah. I forogt to say that. D8 No one ever said when she got the wings, or how, so I thought hey, "what it she had them, but had no idea how to use them" like Allen's hand was deformed.

AthrunZala222

YEA CLOUD NINE!!!!!!!!!!!! MONKEY POWER!!!!! XD
Rinvak is cute lolz...
Amiti is an asshole!!!!

Schwindelmagier

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Athrun-kun xD, straight to the point.

You've really chosen a sad past for Rinvak but I like it, Djmewmew. Is it because I like sad stories? Well, nevertheless, great written and including Cloud Nine in your chapter was a very nice idea, luv it. I agree with the others, it's also the way I imagine her to be. At least she has more feelings than the other General, Sokaro or something like that.

"You, unfortunately, are not one of them anymore.”
Great line *__________________*

Nyo~~~ I will release my chapter on Wednesday or Thursday, depends on my time.

Djmewmew

Reaction score
Country
United States
I thought it was a great line too 8D

Whoosh!!! I'm SO glad everyone liked Cloud. I wanted a general to find her, becuase she wouldn't know to go to the Black Order, and Cloud seemed to be the best choice. <D I'm really, really glad you guys liked it.

@Zeran = WOO YEAH!!!!! MONKEY LOVERS UNITE~~~!!!!!!!! <D