Chapter 83: The Helpful and The Helpless | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Chapter 83: The Helpful and The Helpless

kcampy

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Here's my first chapter! Hope you enjoy.

The young bookwoman yawned and stretched out on the cold ground. She looked to the women on her left. Madeline, Lyra, and the former guardian Belial were still asleep. The Finders were sleeping near by. Eny stood up and looked at her comrades. She looked at Belial mostly. Eny looked down at her bazooka. She grabbed the handle and wrapped her finger around the trigger. She lifted her bazooka slowly. She looked back down at the sleeping guardian. Eny was aimed at Belial’s head.
“Eny, what are you doing!” Eny turned around to see the Finder, John looking at her. Eny looked at John. She bolted off past the Finder. “Eny! Come back!” The noise woke up Madeline and the nun started to run after Eny. But the young bookwoman was too fast for the nun and Eny escaped into the forest. Madeline turned around and looked at the Finder.
“What happened, John?” Madeline muttered. John shrugged his shoulders. Madeline fell on to the ground with a moan.
“What should we do?” The man asked.
“Wake everyone up. We’ll go to the Noah Base.” John nodded and woke up the rest of the group.
“Where the Noisy Munchkin?” Lyra said as she looked around. Madeline said nothing.
“She left, didn’t she?” Belial said. Madeline and Lyra looked at the waking woman. Madeline nodded sadly.
“We should go find her! We can’t let a ten year old girl alone in a forest.” Lyra said and she stomped her feet.
“We can’t…we have to save Stephanie and Blade.” The nun said. Belial nodded. Lyra also nodded sadly and the group grabbed their stuff and headed off.

Tabby yawned and looked out again at the entrance of the Black Order Base. She scratched her head and leaned back on her chair. Dan had told her that backup would be coming. That was three days ago. She groaned and heard a door open and close. Tabby turned around to see Ying coming toward her. Tabby waved to Ying but got no response. Tabby turned from the girl and looked back out the entrance.
“Tabitha, there are people here to see you.” Ying mumbled. Tabby turned around to see a large black man followed by two children.
“Who are you?”
“My name is Ty. I am an Exorcist from the European Brach.” The man said.
“You must be my backup!” Ty nodded. Tabby looked behind the new Exorcist to find two short children. “Who are they?”
“This is Ewan and this is Ellie. They are my twin children. Ellie is a very nice girl and bakes cookies. Ewan’s diet consisted of dirt and worms.”
“We’re Finders!” The boy cheered as he held up a peace sign with his fingers. Tabby patted the boy’s head.
“That’s great…” She muttered. Ewan pulled away from Tabby.
“She’s scary!” He screamed. Ellie laughed and walked up to Tabby.
“I’m Ellie, what’s your name?”
“You can call me Tabby.” Ellie smiled and pulled a plastic bag out of her pack.
“I baked cookies.” Ellie said. Ewan ran up holding his own plastic bag.
“I made mud pies!” Tabby looked from the boy and the girl.
“I like you.” Tabby said pointing at the girl. “I don’t like you.” Tabby said to the boy. Ewan frowned and started to eat one of his mud pies. “How old are you anyway?”
“We’re this many.” Ellie said as she held up seven fingers. Tabby smiled and noticed Ying walking away.
“You have pretty hair.” Tabby said as she grabbed Ellie’s dark hair.
“Don’t touch her hair!” Ty yelled. Tabby let go of Ellie’s hair and backed up.
“Okay…little overprotective there.” Tabby mumbled. Ty’s left eye started to twitch. Tabby looked at the man to see a bag like thing on the Exorcist’s back.
“What’s that?” The young Exorcist asked.
“Oh, this is my quiver. It holds my arrows.” Ty said as he pulled the quiver off to show Tabby.
“Why do you need arrows?”
“For my Innocence. My Innocence is an equipment type. I have a golden bow that’s shots these arrows at the speed of light.” Ty pulled off his back a golden bow. He grabbed an arrow and shot it at the wall. It moved really fast. It hit the wall with a thud.
“Wow…” Tabby mumbled. Ty smiled and put his bow away. The man turned away from Tabby to look down at his kids. He patted Ewan’s head and stroked Ellie’s face. Ty seemed like a nice father. Tabby looked down at her feet. She wished her father could be like Ty. “Where’s their mother?” Tabby asked. Ty turned and looked at Tabby. He looked back at his kids and told them to look around the base. “Is something the matter?”
“My wife is dead. She was killed by a Noah named Skin Bolic…It hasn’t been the same since that day.” Ty muttered.
“I’m sorry…what was her name?”
“Her name was Jessi. She was a bookwoman in the European Brach. I met her there after I was taken out of Jamaica.”
“Taken out of Jamaica? What do you mean?” Tabby asked.
“General Sokaro found me in Jamaica and took me to Europe when I was fourteen where I joined the Black Order.” The dreadlocked man said.
“I’m fourteen!” Tabby said.
“That’s too young. Children shouldn’t be on the battlefield.” Tabby moaned.
“I’m fine. I have an easy job. Protecting the base. Rin, Eny, Lyra, and Madeline are the ones with the hard jobs. I wish I could help.”
“You’re helping them by protecting the base.” Tabby nodded. “So where your leader?” Ty asked.
“Oh, he went missing.” Tabby said.
“And where is second in command?”
“Missing in action.”
“So who is here?” Ty asked as he scratched his head.
“Well…there’s me. Then, Ying who is a healer. And also Zeran who’s in a coma and Riena who’s not part of the Black Order. Everyone else is pretty much captured or on missions.”
“Wow you really do need my help.” Tabby smiled and the Jamaican man smiled back. Ying came back later and took Ty to his room. Tabby was left alone at the entrance. She was happy how the day had gone.

Eny stopped running to catch her breath. She dropped her bazooka and fell to the ground. She couldn’t believe she had just ran away from Madeline and Lyra. But Eny knew she did the right thing. Eny didn’t trust Belial. That’s why she ran to run. She feared Belial would lead them into a trap. Eny wanted to find her on way to save her cat. She stood up and heard the sound of rushing water. Eny followed the noise until she found a small stream. She ran toward it and got a drink and started to wash her face. Eny looked down at the water in her hands. It was red. Eny screamed and backed away. She looked at the stream. The water was full of blood. Eny looked toward the middle where it looked like a man floated. “Oh my God…” Eny ran into the water and pulled the man out of the water. “Flames!” Flames slowly opened his eyes.
“Eny?” Eny nodded. Flames sat up and looked around. “Are you alone?” He asked. Eny nodded again and looked at Flames’ torso. His Exorcist uniform was cut at the chest. A deep gash was along his chest. He had a cut across his left eye. His arms looked numb and broken. His right leg was had a large slash across it.
“What happened to you?” Eny asked.
“I was tortured…” Flames mumbled. Eny looked around and then helped Flames up.
“You should head back to Base. I’ll go on alone.”
“I can still fight…I need to help Blade and Stephanie.” Flames said. Eny nodded and she went to get her bazooka. Flames started to walk and the two of them headed out toward the Noah Base.

Madeline, Lyra, John, Belial, and the other Finders walked slowly to the Noah base. Belial was going to show them a way into the base. Belial led them to the back of the base. She slowly opened a door and led them inside. Madeline looked around ready for an ambush. Lyra held up her staff ready to fight.
“Down this way.” Belial said. Madeline nodded and they continued to walk in the Noah Base. It was silence in the halls. No one spoke or made any noise until there was a flash. One of the Finders dropped dead.
“What?! We’re under attack!!” John yelled. Madeline and Lyra looked around for the enemy. There was another flash and the other Finder fell to the ground dead. There was another flash and the Noah Jacques appeared before them. The guardians stood behind him. Jacques grinned.
“Magier will be pleased when I bring her new toys.”

Yep there's my first chapter. Hope you liked it.

Last edited:

rhapsody blue

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Good intro chapter. It was nice advancement to the plot especially since the part concerning the Black Order base had been neglected.

I do have some questions:

1) Is it safe to assume that this is occurring a few days after my chapter?
2) How did Flames get into the water? Did his wounds reopen because he was healed up in mine?

Here are some minor critiques so please don't get offended:
1) I don't know if 7 years old boys would be into mud pies at their age. They're more into bashing things and other active activities.
2) The Noah's base consists of a camp made of tents, not a building.
3) Your writing is good but kinda choppy. It's your first time so don't worry about it. You'll improve with each one :)

good job :thumbs

kcampy

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
It is a few days past your chapter and I don't know how Flames got out but the next writter can decide.......I thought the Noah's base was a buliding...sorry. Well thanks for the feedback. I'm not offended by it.

Last edited: