Chapter Fifty-Six : Found | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Chapter Fifty-Six : Found

rosalefay

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Chapter 56: Found

Eny giggled, rushing through the streets of Boston with Fermy clutched in her hands. Tabby was going to be sooooo annoyed. Well, she deserved it. Nobody messed with Fermy. Laughing, Eny turned a corner… and ran headfirst into a person.

“Ow! What the hell-?!? Watch it!”

Eny picked herself off the ground and found she was looking into the face of a very annoyed Daniel. The luggage he’d been carrying spilled about him, opened and broken on the sidewalk. “What-? Aren’t you supposed to be with that girl, umm…?”

“Tabitha is washing dishes in Ollie’s Shackhouse,” Eny informed the other, placing Fermy on the ground. “Aren’t you supposed to be with Rinvak and Amiti?” Daniel rolled his eyes, picking luggage up and shoving it into random empty spaces in the bags he’d been carrying.

“Yeah. The bums are somewhere around here,” He stated, visibly annoyed. “Flirting like a couple of school girls.” Eny raised an eyebrow.

“Oh really? Well, if Amiti gets involved with an Exorcist, we’ll have to set him straight. He’s not allowed to get attached to anybody. The whole bias thing,” She said simply, bending to rub Fermy’s ear.

Daniel rolled his eyes. “What’s the matter, kid? Jealous?” Eny snorted.

“Me? I am not interested in the opposite sex yet. But I have done calculations based upon the females on my mother and father’s sides and puberty should occur for me sometime in the next year. My mens-!” Daniel cut her off.

“Heyheyhey! Listen, this may come as a surprise to you, but no one wants to hear about your… Anyway, would you just help me?” He said with obvious aggravation. Talk about TMI…Eny shrugged, and began gathering some of the objects strewn about. Once all the bits and pieces had been collected, Daniel was once again overloaded with luggage and Eny scooped up Fermy, running ahead to meet Rinvak and Amiti, and once again, Daniel was left yelling angrily at a running back.

“This is it?” Stephanie asked incredulously, her eyes running over the rundown church. Blade raised an eyebrow.

“It’s… crap,” Was the only description he could come up with. “Where’s Lione?” The pair looked around, before stepping into the church. “Lione?” Blade called. No answer came. Blade grinned suggestively at Stephanie. “Hey Steph, we’re alone…”

”No,” Steph answered without even looking at him. “Oi! LIONE!” She yelled.

“Steph?” Their leader’s voice alerted the pair to his presence. “Finally, more of you. Come,” He beckoned them, pushing the button Madeline had pressed before. The pair rushed forward into the elevator. “It’s amazing,” Lione said on their way down through the dark. The doors opened…

“Oh my God, you’re right… It’s…” Stephanie gasped, stuttering.

“I though you said it was low tech!” Blade accused, looking around in awe. Lione shrugged.

“Sister Madeline Price fixed it up,” Lione said quietly with a grin. “Flames and Ying have already showed up. Flames is getting settled; Ying’s in the medicine room.”

“What is all this?” Stephanie asked, looking at the bustle. Lione opened his mouth to answer, but from above them in the church, his named was called. He sighed.

“That’d be Rinvak, Amiti and Daniel. I’d better go. Why don’t you two go get settled? I’m sure Madeline will give you rooms,” With that, Lione was off again. Stephanie and Blade exchanged glances. Everything was so different here…

Finally, every member of the North American Division of the Black Order had entered their new HQ and swept off to their new rooms by members of Sister Madeline’s unofficial order. Even a fuming Tabby had arrived- and managed to chase Eny through the entirety of the new hideout, breaking several tables, robots and one very annoyed scientist’s coffee mug before Eny finally escaped to one of the labs, where she- along with several of Madeline’s people- was experimenting on Pandora’s Box. The last Lione had heard, they could not open it, but they could confirm it did not contain Innocence. Many of the overtired Exorcists, Finders and Bookmen had retired to bed in their new digs. Only Ying, who Lione was pretty sure never slept, and Lione himself were still awake. Lione had already downed four cups of coffee, and was working on his fifth when Madeline found him, standing in the doorway of Ying’s new doctor’s office, sleepily helping the young girl arrange the medicines in the cabinets.

Madeline raised an eyebrow as she watched the worn leader shift through the salvaged papers on Ying’s new desk, his eyes glazed over. “Lione.” He snapped back to reality, taking another sip of coffee. “I’m sorry, but we need you to fill out some paperwork to send to Bak and Komui.” He looked confused. “They need to know you’re alive.”

“Oh. Yes, of course,” Lione said quickly, taking another mouthful of coffee. Madeline beckoned.

“We’ve prepared an office for you,” She told Lione as she led the exhausted man through the large base. Quietly, the pair stepped down a hallway. “This is my office,” She explained, pointing at a door embossed with the name ‘Sister Madeline Price’. “And this is yours.” The door beside Madeline’s had a piece of notebook paper taped to it, ‘Lione Parcoeur’ hurriedly scrawled across the white sheet. Madeline opened the door.

Paperwork seemed to line the entire office, and all good things Lione had thought about this office disappeared. This, he decided, is what Hell was like. Mountains and mountains of paperwork. In an almost zombie-like state, Lione slid into the chair behind the desk- it was comfortable, a blue, plush seat that seemed to welcome Lione like an old friend- and sadly began to chink away at the paperwork.

Less then ten minutes later, Ying stood in the empty doorway of Lione’s makeshift office, staring blankly at Lione’s body, who had, for the first time in several days, collapsed into sleep.

The days went by fast as they settled into their new home. The Exorcists threw themselves into their training with an almost inhuman vigor- when questioned upon this excitement, Tabitha had explained to Lione between gasping breathes, that “Next time… We see Zeren… We won’t have to run.” The Bookmen- sans Eny, who stayed locked within the lab for the first several days, running tests on the box Rinvak and Amiti had purchased- had carefully prodded Madeline’s people, recording the history of this unofficial order. Ying had been given plenty of work, as at least one of the Exorcists seemed to be collapsing of exhaustion each day. When no one was in her care, she had done as she usually did- disappeared. Lione had attempted to set to work on his paperwork mountains. When the group- even Eny had been dragged from her lab and Lione from his procrastination- finally ventured from their new underground home, the light had seemed blinding.

The excursion ended with half of the Black Order thrown into the dirty waters of the Charles River.

They did not go out the next day.

“I’m boooorrreddd…” Tabby complained, taking a breather from their constant training. A sudden clanking drew the attention of all three of the Exorcists who stood in the cleared training area.

“Eeeeee!” A familiar voice screamed. Tabby, Rinvak, and Stephanie exchanged glances, before rushing towards the noise.

“Is Eny dead?” Tabby asked, excitedly as the trio reached the source of the shriek. Lione removed his finger from his ear.

“No, she is not dead. She’s whining.”

“Pity,” Rinvak muttered. Tabby nodded energetically. Stephanie raised an eyebrow. Did those two just… agree? It was rather hard to think with Eny’s incessant crying.

“What’s the matter with her?” Stephanie yelled, placing her hands over her ears.

“We can’t find the cat!” Lione answered loudly. “OI!” He yelled. “SOMEBODY FIND THIS CHILD’S CAT SO I CAN WORK!”

Tabby, Rinvak and Stephanie exchanged another glace. Finding a cat… that couldn’t be that hard.

Fermium yowled. He had gotten out of the HQ. Where was girl? Where was food? He yowled again, but his nose picked up a scent. Dancing along the streets of Boston, Fermium followed his nose to a scent he’d known working with his girl.

Looking up through shining cat eyes in the Boston night, Fermium found Akuma.

A/N:
Couldn’t help myself, I just wanted to send Fermy off on a mini adventure. I really have no idea where this is head, so knock yourself out. Please tell me if I screwed anything up.

rhapsody blue

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yay! First post belongs to me again!

First off, this chapter was a nice study break so I absolutely adored it. I loved the character interactions and it's kinda eerie how you wrote the Blade-Stephanie interaction the same way I was going to write mind.

Oh Lione! I would feel motivated to work if I had that much to do. It's nice to have a side story to the current one. Don't think I'm going to include Fermium in my story though.

btw, I think Pandora's Box is supposed to contain an Innocence but I can write it in a way so that the Innocence can only be detected only if the key (which is missing) is present.

great chapter!

tune

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
yay~! back online and running again~ :D

interesting chapter/s... o_o the standards for the fanstory has really risen >< as well as the length each rper writes... *sobs*

sry for the mess up on eny's sketch last time >< i tried to do a better job with this... i think ><
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y111/junying/Untitled-1-1.jpg

just a question which i think i'll get slapped/punched at;
who is willing to let their character meet their "end"? i hope at least a noah will volunteer...

rosalefay

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
yay~! back online and running again~ :D

interesting chapter/s... o_o the standards for the fanstory has really risen >< as well as the length each rper writes... *sobs*

sry for the mess up on eny's sketch last time >< i tried to do a better job with this... i think ><
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y111/junying/Untitled-1-1.jpg

just a question which i think i'll get slapped/punched at;
who is willing to let their character meet their "end"? i hope at least a noah will volunteer...

Gah! So cute! Merci beaucoup!

Schwindelmagier

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Nice chapter. ^_^
Wow, Lione....I really feel sorry for him. He has so much work to do. I don't want to be a leader of a branch HQ of the Black Order xD. Oh O.o, the cat is gone. And it met an Akuma. Hopefull the exorcists can save Fermium just in time or Eny will flood the new HQ :P.

Hm, very interesting and important question. I think at least one Noah just has to die....*thinks* maybe I could find a good end for Magier but I am not sure. I really don't like killling her. If I do so though, she will have a happy ending. Jaques should throw away his stupid abstinence. :P

deathshadow25

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
tell me how you want to kill off the character and If I like it I'll volunteer Flames, but if I choose him I'd like to write the chapter after .

Raijatsu

Reaction score
Country
Germany
how but ameratsu? ^^ no just kidding
I already thought about a lot ways to let Jaques die but nothing really fits in the current situation but if someone has an idea pm me ^^
all my guadians except gabriel are free to die ^^

@ magier (chan) ^^

if it is her dying wish he would not resist just like the death ofZoisite in the sailor moon anime (I don't expect anyone to have seen this ^^ it's just a very romantic moment)

Last edited:

Schwindelmagier

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
@Raijatsu: My, Sailor Moon is a long time ago, I can't remember xD. But somethimng romantic. Well, let's say her death will have to do with love. I already thought about a little of it. Just a little. I don't know who kills her, why, where, how and when xD. Just this (some aspects, don't expect some real sentences :P)->
Magier, Jaques....
Magier saves Jaques
deadly attack
lies on the ground
reaching out for her hand
kiss <3
last words
death :P
"the loop of eternal loneliness and "regret" got broken by the "hope"."

Haha, as it seems...we have some person who would let their character die ^_^".
Okies, Magier has to die but it will be in the distant future. :D I wanna have my fun with her.

Raijatsu

Reaction score
Country
Germany
awww nice idea
btw zoisite dies of his wounds while he sees a rain of sakura blossoms created by his lover Kunzite because he wanted to die in beauty

it's hard to let my characters die but I think some have to

Schwindelmagier

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I am glad you like my "idea", Raijatsu-kun ^_^.
I will put all my effort in this one important scene once it has come. But, as I said, don't expect this scene to appear before...ehm..volume....7 or so. ^___^.