Theory - Chronophage Theory | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Theory Chronophage Theory

strikefreedom

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
France
For me it is undoubtedly a necessary evil, which maintains the survival of the universe and its longevity.

For me it reboots the universe on the cycle more or less long.

As an example if there is 100 planet in the universe.

Well, be

He's going to eat him for 100 years and then he'll sleep for 1000 years.

In 2 cycle it will take more time or less for all devoured.

But this time still an example, he devoured 50 years in Nouma but 200 years or 10 years.

This changes with each cycle.

And in the end he will sleep this time he will sleep for 500 years or 2000 years.

And it will repeat itself again and again.

Or always with the example of 100 planet.

At the 1st cycle he devoured only 20 and it will take him 100 years or more or less.

Will sleep like 1,000 years.

In the 2 cycle it will devour only 10 or 50 and in the lot maybe there will be Nouma again or it will be 50 planet that it has not devoured yet.

And the cycle will repeat itself again and again.

And in the end all the planet will be devoured after 3-4 cycles.

But the first planet to have been devoured will have had time to catch up the devoured time, so if when the 4th cycle will be finished and the 1st will start again, Nouma will be devoured again, but she will have recovered the 50 years and more.

It seems that I am forbidden to go on planet devoured by the Chronophage.

So the people of Nouma are not aware, the only thing he will notice is that they can not leave the planet, unless they have super booster.

But I think the wall of time disappears after a while.

And given the idea that all planets are devoured in the end no one is aware of what planet has been devoured or not, since devoured time is variable.

Guilst is once again a virgin planet but it will not remain forever, people will come back for the colonized.

And for the people who arrive has escaped and he settles elsewhere and so in the final will go on a planet that has already been devoured.

And that's why Xio-mei said that time does not matter in this story, since the universe is rebooted each time.

The 20,000 years later may not correspond to 20000 years.

Xiao * mei would be a kind of Bookman, she knows all the history of all the planets since it started.

I also think that a villain will seek to absorb the Chronophage to become immortal.

Or that humans will want to destroy the Chronophage because it is a calamity for humans.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
It's certainly an unusual element.

Not sure I really feel like I know enough about to make any theories about it or what it's utimate role will be but I see the blueprint of Acnologia in it combined with the crystline entity from Star Trek. Not sure what the function of that is going to be but I like the concept.

Reebi

Reaction score
Country
Canada
That's an interesting theory where it is kind of like a universe clean-up crew that restores the planet by kills the inhabitants.

I have a theory that it's connected to Mother in some way (it prolongs her life by devouring others time? ).

tsubakikun

Banned
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
Nice theory. I always thought it is something that Mother sends throughout the cosmos to eat time and replenish her longevity that also grants her to rebirth anyone who've seen her. The design of the Chronophage is serpent-like for me which may resemble an ouroboros that symbolizes infinity and immortality.

Jean Grey

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Croatia
I think Chronophage is like Galactus from Marvel comics.

Galactus eats planets to replenish his energy so he can survive.

Chronophage eats time to replenish his.

Mother is like a Living Tribunal.

plus, she gives birth or something.

Last edited:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
To me the idea of a chronophage is just weird though I have trouble coming up with a proper way to explain why its so weird. It's like.... How is time something they can devour? And even stranger, leave it as it was decades ago or even more? In principle when you eat something it is something that provides you with energy. So.... chronophages devour time that has already technically passed for energy? Is time, even in this series, something that can work like that? Another way to look at it... Normally in the universe you have entropy and the end is hypothetically the heat death of the universe. So.. do chronophages reverse entropy? That sounds kinda like the opposite of devouring time, more like giving it back. In that sense they wouldn't really be devouring anything. Add to that the simple fact that chronophages eating time can result in copies of people being made.

strikefreedom

Reaction score
Country
France
'' 'rebecca linked to Chronophage' ''

Because a power linked to time must not run the streets.

So I would say that she is directly related to him

It is a Chronophage end which is detached and taken human form

Be indirect

Who merged with a human or rebecca is an experience and that is why we do not know her name and as she said that '' 'she must have been abandoned' '

And after we leave in full WTF, XD mashima will maybe give us a pandora heart and / or complex buddy twist

we will not spoil for those who have not seen / read but would be great and drama assured if he did something like that.

Why am I saying that ? Because I find that his tattoo looks a bit like a Chronophagus

Besides, his power of "jumped" is a reference to the film through time, XD; or the heroine jumps back in time

yutu

Reaction score
Country
France
I wonder if mashima was not inspired by the second film of the fantastic 4 to make the chronophage