Class 1-A Death(s?) | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Class 1-A Death(s?)

Kato756

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
So with the darker tone that our story is taking, and with 20 characters (plus a spare one to even that number out) on Class 1-A, I think its a safe bet that one of the students is going to die in the future (whetener now or in a Boku no Hero "Shippuden). So who do you think will probally bite the dust?

My bet is on Ida, if someone will die.
-Hes not a waifu
-Hes hurt (his arm post stain arc)
-He has the personality to pull a heroic sacrifice
-He has a legacy to accept (nice paralel for him to call himself Ingenium again when sacrificing himself instead of when he called himself Ingenium against Stain for selfish reasons)
-He is likeable by the public but not really a main character
-Hes not a waifu

ShenGao

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Kirishima. I can already see how his next meeting with Gigantomachia will go:
Kirishima: "I can do it! I'm not a coward anymore! UNBREAKABLE MODE!"
*Gigantomachia's hand pierces right through Kirishima's body*
Gigantomachia: "I don't remember the weak!"
*Gigantomachia throws Kirishima to the other side of a town*

Franz

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Realistically ?

I doubt it.

My Hero is still a fairly classic shonen, if you kill half the class then the story with who you tell it?

Not to mention that it would be difficult to maintain the light atmosphere of the series with the characters who die up left and right.

Not that there's anything wrong with that, but it would just be another manga ..

Kato756

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Realistically ?

I doubt it.

My Hero is still a fairly classic shonen, if you kill half the class then the story with who you tell it?

Not to mention that it would be difficult to maintain the light atmosphere of the series with the characters who die up left and right.

Not that there's anything wrong with that, but it would just be another manga ..
Nah, i dont say HALF the class.

But I think at least one.

Classic Shonen?
Dragon Ball had death (if inconsequential)
One piece we lost Ace
Bleach a lot of guys, even if it was the final arc
Naruto lost Neji to Kishimoto´s inability to write romance.

etc.

Being a classic shonen does not save you from that 1 death to up the stakes.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Kirishima. I can already see how his next meeting with Gigantomachia will go:
Kirishima: "I can do it! I'm not a coward anymore! UNBREAKABLE MODE!"
*Gigantomachia's hand pierces right through Kirishima's body*
Gigantomachia: "I don't remember the weak!"
*Gigantomachia throws Kirishima to the other side of a town*
The way you talked about the scene I remembered Transformers 1, where Megatron just nonchantly rips Jazz in half (like it was not even a big dramatic deal)

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Reaction score
Country
India
How about Ochako?

I know she is a Waifu but still.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
How about Ochako?

I know she is a Waifu but still.
The main love interest of the protagonist?
Are you joking, right?

Classic Shonen?
Then all resurrect.

One piece we lost Ace
Which has been replaced by its blonde version.

And Ace, however, was a fairly marginal character who in five hundred chapters had appeared 3-4 times before Marineford ...

Naruto lost Neji
Death completely useless considering that Neji had become a tertiary character, and that in fact he had not the slightest influence on history.

Aside from him in Naruto, Asuma, his father, Jiraya, the fathers of SHikamaru and Ino etc. all died, all of whose characters make sense since the classic style of the old leaves room for the new,

In my Hero Academia at most it would make sense to kill an adult character, but one of the class would be inconceivable.

Only Yamamoto, an elderly and therefore expendable character, died.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Reaction score
Country
India
The main love interest of the protagonist?
Are you joking, right?

Then all resurrect.

Which has been replaced by its blonde version.

And Ace, however, was a fairly marginal character who in five hundred chapters had appeared 3-4 times before Marineford ...

Death completely useless considering that Neji had become a tertiary character, and that in fact he had not the slightest influence on history.

Aside from him in Naruto, Asuma, his father, Jiraya, the fathers of SHikamaru and Ino etc. all died, all of whose characters make sense since the classic style of the old leaves room for the new,

In my Hero Academia at most it would make sense to kill an adult character, but one of the class would be inconceivable.

Only Yamamoto, an elderly and therefore expendable character, died.
Nuh not joking or maybe slightly :kappa

But seriously if there is death I can see the traitor dying (whoever it might be) or if a non traitor dies it will be Kaminari so that Bakugo goes Berserk.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
In my opinion it is unlikely that the villias will die, let alone any traitor.

sho87

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Todoroki via neji sacrifice, Shouto is barely noticed anymore recent by all might and the story has moved way on from him being a contender to being a key role in beating afo. Bakugou has eclipsed him more as a heavily influential upcoming hero and is more a big impact plot wise thanks to him being more a leader role and successor to all might. All Shouto has is endeavor who will probably die also to give Shouto the clarity he needs to help Deku become the number one hero as he dies to sacrifice his life to find his plus ultra ideal in order to he the person "people can depend on".

Probably will help Deku and Bakugou grow up also in being friends than rivals.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Well... if there is a death I'd make the point it has to avoid being a neji. As in, it has to be someone sufficiently important for us to give a crap. And not just in a "damn, I liked that one" way. Or pull of a neji who appeared after 300 chapters of irrelevance to die a meaningless death... It has to be someone meaningful to the overall story whose death reverberates across characters and shapes them. It has to be someone who has important character development but at the same time is just barely sufficiently expendable so that the story can actually continue without that person. And there is IMO only one character that fits that description. But first I am going to name characters that definitely wouldn't:

1.- Main character. If he dies at any point earlier than the end of the story it'd be pure insanity.
2.- Bakugo. As I have said at other threads, he just sucks in general. He is a nonsense character that works under different rules and logic than everyone else. The only impact his death would have is the lives of those who used to be around him improving. That said, the reason he won't die is because for some dumbass reason he is like a secondary protagonist.
3.- Iida. He is cool and all but his death, while sad, would not really be felt that much in the overall story.
4.- Love interest. There are all the reasons to keep her alive and well.
5.- mineta. Perverted comic relief... Wouldn't really affect the story. Imagine midoriya being in the heat of battle remembering fucking mineta.

The only Class 1-A character whose death would be sufficiently meaningful to reverberate through the entire cast but is also sufficiently expendable that the story can continue without him is todoroki. We know his tragic childhood, we have seen him overcome his trauma, is in effect one of midoriya's main rivals when it comes to future number 1 hero... The series itself has acknowledged the fact that todoroki has the best super hero background at times and has superior main character traits than midoriya. Add to that, he is popular among the fanbase (as far as I can tell) and people are actually rooting for him. In a way, its almost as if todoroki was designed for the sole purpose of killing him off to foster character growth. Maybe all this that todoroki has going for him is actually a huge death flag...

sho87

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
We know his tragic childhood, we have seen him overcome his trauma,
To me, it was kinda fast paced and too jammed together with other characters sharing Shoutos scenes, really didn't feel like hori let us experience Shouto as a stand alone person who undergoes change from his own motivations. It was always pushed by Deku or endeavor or combined Bakugou with Todorokis development and messes with his significance as a important key role.

Do not see why he has to be carried by these bombastic key players when he's got focus.

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Kirishima dies on standing on his feet protecting civilians or his former classmates (I doubt anyone will die while in school).

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
To me, it was kinda fast paced and too jammed together with other characters sharing Shoutos scenes, really didn't feel like hori let us experience Shouto as a stand alone person who undergoes change from his own motivations. It was always pushed by Deku or endeavor or combined Bakugou with Todorokis development and messes with his significance as a important key role.

Do not see why he has to be carried by these bombastic key players when he's got focus.
Shouto hasn't had his own specific arc of course but realistically speaking he has had the most characters development out of any of dekus peers. Even if he has rare solo moments, whichever asshole has had the most character development after him does not even reach todorokis knee in that department. With that in mind, iida dying would be forgetable. Ochako dying would just result in fan complains about dekus chronically blue balls. Bakugo dying is an objectively good thing, he just sucks. Kirishima or mineta dying would be hilarious. Momo dying would spare us her incompetence. The rest dying would have us wondering who were those assholes.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Kirishima dies on standing on his feet protecting civilians or his former classmates (I doubt anyone will die while in school).
A popular character like Kirishima....die? Why Not? Sure XD

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Kirishima is a well liked character but realistically speaking he isn't consequential enough for his death to have an impact on the manga. He is friends with deku but not too close... He doesn't have much in terms of development or backstory either. His biggest distinction in the series is being friends with bakugo but.... I mean, being friends with a cartoon turd of a character or dying for the sake of developing said turd is borderline an insult to an otherwise decent character. For kirishima's death to be worth anything he needs to appear more in the story, without bakugo and be more relevant to the metaplot somehow. I maintain that todoroki's death is the only one that would have any meaningful impact. If anything todoroki is such a perfectly killable character it might as well be a red flag.

Orion

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
I know the thread was about the students, but how about Aizawa? He's been in Deku's corner for a while and he's the one who recognized Bakugos drive to become number one in public and privately. His death would definitely hit them and students like Ochaco and Asui hard.

DemonKing888

Reaction score
Country
United States
Aizawa is the most logical death, mainly because he shares his archetype with another character Shinso. Comparing it to Naruto you had both Neji and Hinata, they shared the same technique and fighting style so killing one off was doable because the archetype lived on in a different character. Aizawa's lost would have the biggest impact on class 1-A, as a whole as well as the reader.

Not to mention you have to wonder how long will the author keep handicapping Aizawa because of his OP quirk? USJ arc they sideline him, overhaul arc they sideline him, and I'm pretty sure they'll sideline him in this arc too.

Ramen

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Nah, i dont say HALF the class.

But I think at least one.

Classic Shonen?
One piece we lost Ace
Naruto lost Neji to Kishimoto´s inability to write romance.

etc.

Being a classic shonen does not save you from that 1 death to up the stakes.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

The way you talked about the scene I remembered Transformers 1, where Megatron just nonchantly rips Jazz in half (like it was not even a big dramatic deal)
Sad Yamamoto noises........:disappoint
--- Double Post Merged, ---

If a death was to happen, I'm calling it either Kirishima or Lida although I don't want him to die. He's the GOAT