Shounen - Claymore by Norihiro Yagi | Page 77 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Number A

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Dragonstone
FYI I'm making a giant masterlist of all the Claymore songs ever on Spotify if anyone wants to contribute/listen:

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Today we test whether or not late truly is better than never. Our method of doing this will be to release a full English translation of the first Claymore databook. Here you go:

https://mibscanlations.blogspot.com/2018/03/claymore-databook-1.html

Discuss :)

Goral

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Poland

Goral

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Don't know how many of you are still interested in Claymore but on Mangaplus you can read Claymore for free: https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/titles/100007
Currently there are 29 chapters available and with each week we get another chapter. I'm not sure if it's Viz translation or a new one (probably Viz) but it's still a great thing. I must admit though that after over 10 years I'm noticing how infantile and how illogical the story is. It's no wonder it was published in a shounen magazine. When I first read it I haven't perceived it that way but now that I'm an old man some of the things just strike me as lazy writing. It's still entertaining though and I'm reading it every week :D.

Claymore1

Reaction score
Country
United States
Don't know how many of you are still interested in Claymore but on Mangaplus you can read Claymore for free: https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/titles/100007
Currently there are 29 chapters available and with each week we get another chapter. I'm not sure if it's Viz translation or a new one (probably Viz) but it's still a great thing. I must admit though that after over 10 years I'm noticing how infantile and how illogical the story is. It's no wonder it was published in a shounen magazine. When I first read it I haven't perceived it that way but now that I'm an old man some of the things just strike me as lazy writing. It's still entertaining though and I'm reading it every week :D.
Yeah, I can understand what you're saying. I still love Claymore because its the first anime I really got into. I will always love it, but some of the writing isn't spectacular. Maybe if it was a novel series it could be better. I ended up buying the whole Manga collection for it though.

I rewatched DBZ last summer and thought some of the same things about it. Goku is not really that good of a person. Sometimes our memories are fonder than reality. But that's life.

littleangel

Reaction score
Country
Jordan
Oh wow! Seeing posts from you all made me very happy. I hope after all these years you are all doing well, considering COVID and how the world is going on. I just finished reading the manga again from mangaplus. The translation is a bit different from the fan translation. I see the point raised by Goral, but I guess even if older, after all the obsession with Claymore, it holds a very special place in my heart. I just wish the writer would be given a chance to fix some of the inconsistencies and weak/shallow writing that is very evident in the post Pieta arcs. But I was happy to see Teresa in the angel form I always predicted and had as my profile pic for a long time before it was officially featured. It's a such a bad plot development, but back then I was very happy to see it happen.

Anyhow, hope you are all well my dear friends who I spent a significant time everyday in my teens discussing Claymore with for many many years <3