CNK's Review of Naruto 359! | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

CNK's Review of Naruto 359!

CopyNinjaKakashi

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
[size=+2]Naruto 359: Memories of the sharingan make Deidara sick![/size]

Greetings all! Another week, another great Naruto chapter! Many thanks to the usual suspects:
Kylara- for the RAW
Nihongaeri- for the translation
bludshock- for this wonderful Edited Manga

[size=+2]1. The Escape Artist![/size]

Houdini ain't got shit on Deidara

Ever the resourceful one, Deidara manages to escape certain doom. It looked like he got a "hand" from his own hands which freed the shurikens from the panel on the first page, but it was difficult for me to see what exactly happened. We also saw Sasuke escape by having summoning snakes, which came right out of his scapular region. It was neat to see where the snakes were coming from, because before this, we just saw them slither out of his sleeves.

This image also shows us that Deidara has two functional arms, but I bet they hurt quite a bit at this moment. Obviously, Deidara was somehow able to retrieve his arm from Gaara and Kakuzu reattached it. I was glad to see Deidara escape. I was sure he wouldn't die that easily, but didn't know how he would escape. This chapter seems like it may be the kiss of death to Deidara for so many reasons. One reason his time is near that is illustrated by this image is that he is no longer wearing the Akatsuki cloak. Previous Akatsuki members who have lost or taken off their cloak (Sasori, Kakuzu) met their demise, so this may be evidence that Deidara's time is up.

[size=+2]2. Akatsuki Wants You![/size]

You can just tell Sasori and Deidara are going to best buds

So this is the second piece of evidence that Deidara is going to die soon. He is having a flashback, which in most cases, equals death (at least for villains anyway). He flashes back to when he was first recruited by Akatsuki.

I thought this part was interesting, because until now, we never really got to see how exactly anyone was selected to join Akatsuki. There is speculation about how some members got in (Itachi killing his clan and Sasori killing the 3rd Kazekage or the entire country he spoke of). The only one we know for sure how he joined was Tobi. Here we see that Sasori, Kisame, and Itachi are all members of Akatsuki before Deidara. They have heard of his techniques and think he would be a good shinobi to help their cause. Deidara doesn't care. He doesn't want them to interfere with his enjoyment of art.

Deidara doesn't care about what his missions are. All he cares about is his art. If only all artists cared as much about their art as Deidara does.

[size=+2]3. Deidara's got his philosophies.[/size]

Yet again we hear Deidara's mantra!

One of the things I really liked about this chapter is that it reinforces Deidara's passion (borderline obsession easily) for art and his definition of it. It is the explosion that Deidara truly loves, as well as the finite nature of his masterpieces. He isn't a collector like Sasori. Deidara can only enjoy his art while he is alive, so he makes the most of it by making it explode. Explosions can be quite picturesque. They have a certain "Je ne sais quois" factor to them that makes them beautiful. I imagine Deidara sees them in a similar manner.

Unfortunately, Deidara is not given a choice and is forced to battle Itachi. If he loses, he must join Akatsuki. I think we all know how this battle will end. Deidara is very proud of his art, and with good reason. However, Itachi shows him what true art is with the sharingan. This pisses off Deidara to no end. Who is Itachi to tell Deidara what art is?!

[size=+2]4. The Artist's Inspiration[/size]

No Way you'll lose Deidara? I find that hard to believe for some reason

Deidara is pissed. There's no way he wants to lose to the sharingan for a 3rd time, especially to an Uchiha. Yet more evidence that Deidara will die is that he boasts that he will not lose, which means he most likely will. Sasuke has shown in this battle, that he, not Deidara is the superior shinobi. Deidara is very arrogant, but it doesn't rub me the wrong way at all. an artist should be confident in themselves, otherwise they would have no faith in their work. Deidara has a great deal of faith in his work, and resorts to his ultimate "piece de resistance!"

[size=+2]5. Going out with a bang![/size]

Looks like Deidara had a few too many at the Akatsuki kegger

Here it is, the final piece of evidence that Deidara will be dead in a chapter or two. He brings out the C4, which can't be fun to produce. Clay can't be tasty and then to regurgitate it, makes my esophagus hurt just thinking about it! Tobi follows his Sempai's orders and gets the fuck outta there. Like his art, Deidara is going out in an explosion of glory. The only question is how will Sasuke deal with it? Will we see yet another technique from the hard-working Uchiha (MS perhaps)? Or perhaps we will see a MS of a different kind, and by that I mean Kakashi's. It's plausible, but I doubt Kakashi could warp an explosion of the magnitude we are going to see. I briefly read the spiler or predictions for next chapter and Garuda has something to do with snake killer, so maybe Sasuke will be hurt a little.

[size=+2]Chapter Grade: A+[/size]​

I really enjoyed this chapter. It moved at a good pace. It is always nice to get backstory for a villain. I am glad we got to see some of Deidara's past since we didn't get to see much or any of Hidan's or Kakuzu's. Deidara is an artist to the very end. He has never changed his beliefs and still probably joined Akatsuki because they forced him to. The artwork was excellent in this chapter, especially the last panel.

Predictions: Deidara goes boom. Sasuke shows a new power to escape the explosion. Tobi will run into someone from Konoha or Hebi and maybe(crosses fingers) a glimpse of the black book, but again I doubt that. Definitely another exciting chapter is heading our way next week.

Shouji

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Please register to see the content of this post.

SOCKSnTHONGS

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia

MadDog

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

mageofdeath

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

lordHokage

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Bahamas

alia

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom