Cobra2150 Attempts Cleaning Challenge #02 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Cobra2150 Attempts Cleaning Challenge #02

cobra2150

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Ok it is still a little bit of a work in progress but wanted to try and get some feedback and see where it stands.... please let me know what you think.

vlado

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Greate job :D i must say greate job :)

shinwei

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hmmm...

It looks like you applied some kind of filter to the entire page that half the page didn't want to be affected by. The filter took the life away from the characters, as you can see by their fuzziness compared to the raw and Silveril's example. I believe half of the damage was done by sizing the image UP to 1100 from the original size (I don't know why Silver posted a small image ><), but I don't think that's all.

I'll let Silveril give his two cents on this one and he can explain how to make the image look better after resizing UP.

cobra2150

Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't see what you mean by fuziness, could you give an example so I can understand it better... as far as filters go I did not use any on the entire page beside the motion blur for the parts at the bottom.

silveril

Reaction score
Country
France
err .. it looks.. blured. ^.^ .. and except on the sword's blade where the gray fading is really nice;
you didnt do that on the other places.. some of the fadings (ie: left girl's boots, right girl's wings, flames in the back..) are weird! are you sure you didnt apply a filter on that? it looks like the water color filter ~.~
also; on some places (like right girl's hand, floor's line..) you removed too much stuff (like the black lines), thus removing the depth.. but on other places because of the blur look, some lines look way to thick (especially right girl's wings)
and please dont do that effect on the white magic thingy on the floor ^.^ it doesnt fit well with the whole image ^^

.. oh and the gray looks better with the noise (like on right girl's robe) than with the effect

and for the image size.. i'm sorry it was the biggest version of that page that i found.. the other page of mai otome looked so much worse ^^" i'll be more carefull next time :)

cobra2150

Reaction score
Country
United States
Ok I think I found a tool to get rid of the Fuziness that you were refering to... and that tool is called the eraser (original image was bleeding through in the wrong places)... let me know what you think

Here is another one whre I fixed the white stuff at the bottom... also I decided to do this one as a JPG ad the PNG was screwing up parts of my fades.

silveril

Reaction score
Country
France
That's much better; for right girl (aka ARIKA) anyway
except maybe for the wings; when i said that her wings looks too thick that was because they really are and looked like they are "bleeding", and now you did what i told you not to do that is, removing too much >.< Check the raw to see where the lines are suppose to be thicker (just dont make them go overboard, and make them SMOOTH)
Smooth, that's the word! when you resized, some of the lines became a bit wavy, like on arika's chin (if you see what i mean?).. and not just on her, also on the middle guy's hair (did you redraw all his hair with a 3point brush? Oo.. some of the lines are also missing, making his hair look weird)
And while we are still in the lines; you still didnt put back some of the lines that makes the depth (hands, bra..) just look at the raw page; and please put back the white line (light) in middle guy's hair

As for the gradient, it's not perfect but it's better!
some place could need some work like
•the fire back where the gradient is not smooth enough at the end, should be light gray at the tip of the flames, so that they dont appear too hard;
•please put back the line of the floor
•boots (both girls, especially in the round thing above their feet), petal right under arika's shoulder, the grip of arika's sword, arika's bra, nina's (that's left girl's name..) round thing under her shoulder..
•put back the black sprey thingy above the white effect ^^

And that should be all i can see for now ^.^

cobra2150

Reaction score
Country
United States
Ok fixed the stuff you mentioned (I think I got it all geez that was a lot of stuff... but I guess their could be a lot more that I had to correct so oh well)

Let me know if you see anything else.

silveril

Reaction score
Country
France
that's MUCH better!!!
except your forgot:
• black lines for arika's left hand
• gradient for the petals underneath her shoulder
• gradient (just a bit lighter at the end) for the flames in the back
• the guy's hair is still odd, not because of the color, that you did well (but the white 1 point line is still missing, check the raw) but because of the lineart (i think you removed to much of it.. thus check the raw (just resize the raw and pass from one to the other to see what needs to be change)
• gradient for arika's boots; shoes. for both girls' round thingies above shoes and at the shoulders.. (the thing that is metalic)
• some black mist that comes out of the white effect thing at the tip of the sword is still missing (you need to check the raw for that)

That should be about it.. otherwise.. great job ^.^

shinwei

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States
There's a guy? They're all girls silveril! c'mon!

silveril

Reaction score
Country
France
nop.. it's a drag ^.^.. he's suppose to be disguised as her mother *mashiro* .. so his name really is manshiro :D

shinwei

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States
(LIE!)

silveril

Reaction score
Country
France
ehhehehe nop! we can see his tiny thingy in one of the chapter when he gets harass by the girls xD

cobra2150

Reaction score
Country
United States
Ok did some more changes... let me know what you think.

silveril

Reaction score
Country
France
it's better except:
• gradient for the petals underneath arika's shoulder
• gradient (just a bit lighter at the end) for the flames in the back
• the guy's hair is still odd, not because of the color, that you did well (but the white 1 point line is still missing, check the raw) but because of the lineart (i think you removed to much of it.. thus check the raw (just resize the raw and pass from one to the other to see what needs to be change)
• gradient for arika's boots; shoes. for both girls' round thingies above shoes and at the shoulders.. (the thing that is metalic)
(yes i copy and past...check the raw!!!)

cobra2150

Reaction score
Country
United States
I did I can't see anything that you are posting for the most part...