Shounen Code: Breaker by Akimine Kamijyo

HARUHI_han

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2007
Messages
51
Reaction score
2
Age
40
Gender
Female
Country
Vietnam
the new code : No 3 is so interesting and cute , now only code 5 remains uncovered , but all the codes who have appeared so far is so greattttttttttt

until now which code do you like best ?
I myself have passionate for Heike_the guy without eyebrows hoho ! what a secret of him^^
 

Shurou

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 11, 2007
Messages
745
Reaction score
236
Gender
Male
Country
United States
the new code : No 3 is so interesting and cute , now only code 5 remains uncovered , but all the codes who have appeared so far is so greattttttttttt

until now which code do you like best ?
I myself have passionate for Heike_the guy without eyebrows hoho ! what a secret of him^^
I don't think we know Code:01 either... Hitomi was just ex-Code:01.
 

Rena Chan

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2007
Messages
920
Reaction score
1,846
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
Currently my faves are Ogami and Yuuki XD
 

¬Bol

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 18, 2008
Messages
357
Reaction score
104
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Yuuki is better than Ogami, he's too crazy and funny XD
Ogami is a great character, with a good background, but he's quite too serious.
Actually I like also the new baby-Toki, which is funnier than ever. He always has got crazy and funny faces and he does a lot of funny things (for example when Yuuki asks him to fix golden Nyanmaru or when he breaks in Ogami's room thinking to find hecci magazines and he's near to be killed).

But in the end my favourite character is Nyanmaru. I haven't understand what exactly it is yet, but I just love it!
 

Shurou

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 11, 2007
Messages
745
Reaction score
236
Gender
Male
Country
United States
One of the best moments of the chapter: The fact that, had Toki not been in his baby form, he would have been stabbed in multiple places... :P
 

¬Bol

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 18, 2008
Messages
357
Reaction score
104
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
No, he would have sensed the knives and deflected them with his power, I suppose.
 

Sportgal1

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 23, 2008
Messages
212
Reaction score
72
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
i wonder how many other ex-codes are out there. also, i think that the code: 2 guy is my least fav lol. he's too wierd, i guess. Hitomi forever!!!!!
 

¬Bol

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 18, 2008
Messages
357
Reaction score
104
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Does anybody know when there could be a translation of chp 39 (and 40 too)?
 

Ju-da-su

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2007
Messages
1,279
Reaction score
989
Age
36
Gender
Hidden
Country
Thailand
Proofreading . . . sorry, I already sent the script of chapter 39 to Miken (and chapter 40 to Rena, since I don't want to give Miken too much work. She's in the middle of her AP exams . . . -_-") Should be here by this weekend . . . I guess . . . sorry for the lateness . . . >_<"
 

¬Bol

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 18, 2008
Messages
357
Reaction score
104
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Don't worry, better late than never, and thanks for your hard work (I know what I'd do if you didn't translate C:B >.<).
Can I ask you two things very quickly? The "guy who Ogami is looking for" is his brother? What's his name? Is there any other info about him in 39/40?
 

Ju-da-su

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2007
Messages
1,279
Reaction score
989
Age
36
Gender
Hidden
Country
Thailand
Ogami is raised by him . . . all it said is that the "one he's finding" is the one who trained Ogami with a lot of things, like killing. Doesn't exactly say his name or anything . . . >_<"
 

¬Bol

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 18, 2008
Messages
357
Reaction score
104
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Thanks for info. I tought he was his bro because of the photo with them and Ogami's parents (hoping the other 2 in the photo are Ogami's parents, or I stop talking after having seen only raw).
 

<.Haruka.>

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2009
Messages
629
Reaction score
385
Gender
Hidden
Country
United Nations

Ju-da-su

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2007
Messages
1,279
Reaction score
989
Age
36
Gender
Hidden
Country
Thailand
Yeah . . . except of the fact that I still don't think Hananira's translation is good enough to be used for Edited Manga . . . :S

I mean, I know that I'm slow with my own translation because I add in the proofreading step for the Manga Editors (since I don't think they'll put in that step, while it's actually very important), but I'm not convinced . . . I looked through all three chapters that she translated and I think she still needs a lot more to work on, especially with those [ ], since I'm really annoyed by those. -_-"

Though, from now on, I'm thinking of having my unproofread translations put up as private translations (I'll try to get it done by Wednesday unless some cases when I might be a bit late, like university and stuff) until the script is done proofread, in case any Manga Editor wants to proofread it him/herself (I actually don't ask much. Just looking through grammatical errors and maybe fix some sentence phrasing is fine by me, since I usually proofread it myself for the Japanese and spelling before posting anyway. It's more of the grammar and sentences that I have problems with . . . ), or if anyone want to just read it first. Chapter 40 is actually already up (since I asked for Rena to help me with the proofreading because Miken is currently busy . . . and email just failed on me, so she told me to post it here as private translation for her) I'll say this again when i release chapter 39 and 40 translations, but if anyone want the script ahead of time, just PM me or comment in the translation. I'll compile a list and will PM back to you whenever I put up the unproofread scripts.

Just want to see how that goes . . . since I'm one of those people who get really annoyed when I see my own script in Edited Manga and it isn't proofread. Sorry . . . >_<"
 

DeidaraGrimmjow

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2008
Messages
792
Reaction score
101
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I saw the translation for chapter 39 a while ago, so will the Edited Manga be up by some time this weekend?
 

Hananira

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 1, 2009
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Yeah . . . except of the fact that I still don't think Hananira's translation is good enough to be used for Edited Manga . . . :S

I mean, I know that I'm slow with my own translation because I add in the proofreading step for the Manga Editors (since I don't think they'll put in that step, while it's actually very important), but I'm not convinced . . . I looked through all three chapters that she translated and I think she still needs a lot more to work on, especially with those [ ], since I'm really annoyed by those. -_-"

You know, if those are things you take issue with, I really would have liked to have heard that from you directly, rather than to happen upon it by chance.

If you had any constructive critiscism, it's not something I'd take offense to or get upset about, you know? ^_^

It's a learning process for me, and any suggestions are helpful to have.

Furthermore, I really didn't expect to have any scripts I write used for Edited Mangas at this time, for pretty much the same reasons you pointed out. I'll probably make a note of that later on.
 
Last edited:

Ju-da-su

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2007
Messages
1,279
Reaction score
989
Age
36
Gender
Hidden
Country
Thailand
How should I said, tbh, your translations have quite a lot of mistakes that I actually got too lazy to point them out. A thing is, if you look at anyone's translations (doesn't have to be mine. Just go look at anyone's translation is fine) most of the people only take the grasp of the context of the thing you're translating and phrase it out in English. You don't have to go ahead and add in to make the sentence full just because the context of the Japanese said so. You'll end up just making the lines longer than it should be, and tbh, I don't think it's good for typesetters (don't know what those two Manga Editors do though. I usually don't read Edited Mangas, unless it's of the series that I seriously like) Just an advice. Don't make the translation too literal as well. Don't exactly know what else to say.

PS. Problem is, I already switched though. Just to let you guys know, since it already broke my personal rule of what to translate for English, so I'm switching over from next chapter on to Thai translation instead. (Yep, it's that easy to make me drop a series in English. One translation posted by someone else here + One Edited Manga by someone else and I'm out of it) Chapter 39 and 40, still proofreading. Though Rena did say that she got demotivated a lot in doing it since people already scanlate it with your translation.
 
Last edited:

Rena Chan

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2007
Messages
920
Reaction score
1,846
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
Yes, I am so horribly demotivated by this (as Ju-da-su said) that I "almost" dropped my decision to scanlate this in HQ (English). However, I have resolved the translation issue and it will happen!

A point to note, most groups down here that do weekly manga can't even bother to at least proofread the translator's scripts. Most people probably don't even know that your translation really isn't very good for Edited Manga at this point in time. They just use whatever is available. Since you're new, you have no idea how terrible things can be sometimes... Even the original translator of this series shares the same opinions as Ju-da-su in regards to your translation.

Just a warning, putting a note may not stop people from using your translation for Edited Mangas though, even if you yourself know that it shouldn't be used for Edited Mangas. Since Ju-da-su is going to switch to Thai translation instead, there will be a lack of a good translation unless the original translator of this series steps back in and is able to translate it regularly again...
 

¬Bol

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 18, 2008
Messages
357
Reaction score
104
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
I'm quite sad because of Ju-da-su's decision of dropping english translation of Code:Breaker, but I wanna thanks him a lot for the hard and very good work he has done for this manga that, without him and Caesarpk before of him (and also without Rena's Raws) would be nothing.
Thank you so much for having made me/us read this manga every week with your translations.
 

Eles-chan

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 1, 2009
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Spain
This manga is wonderful, i only read 15 chapters, but the story is fantastic!
 
Top