Assorted - Colored Manga Translation Squad | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Assorted Colored Manga Translation Squad

iZN1337

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
Colored Manga Translation Squad
Current Project: Naruto (Digital Colored Edition by Shueisha)

Last Updated: 6th September 2016

We're currently working on Naruto Digital Colored Edition. We're currently looking for the following positions:​

1. Typesetter (Priority: High) (URGENT)

Before applying, please ensure that you have and know how "Adobe Photoshop" works, or atleast know how to work with "Type Tool" for typesetting. We're using just one main font for the bubbles, but we do have different selected fonts for the selective purpose (it is not compulsory to use different fonts). We do add "Translation Notes/TN" aswell. You'll be provided with a cleaned version of the chapter or pages to work on (mostly a whole chapter is given to one person, that depends on the person, it's up to YOU. You can even do just half.).

2. Cleaner (Priority: Low)

The job of a cleaner is basically to use a wand tool to select the white parts, and do a white brush over it so that the noise from the pages could be removed. There's no other thing required because the series is already digital.

3. Re-drawer (Priority: High) (URGENT)

If you're going to use Photoshop, these tools would be the only one you need to know how to use: Clone Stamp Tool, Brush Tool, Eraser Tool, Smudge Tool, Gauss Blur and any other tools to re-draw. The most important one is Clone Stamp Tool.

4. Translator (Priority: Medium)

The series is translated already, we know that but the early translation of Naruto manga is not good. We'd like to have atleast a single translator for our series to work on. You can make the transcript however you want, you can take liberties with the translation as well, nobody's asking to do word-to-word accurate translation.

5. Raw Scaling (Priority: Low)

This is a new position. I'm currently scaling the manga to reduce the noise as much as possible and extending the size without losing the quality ofcourse. For that, I'm using a tool. I just need a volunteer who can use this tool to scale the all the pages one by one. A good internet is required, and time is needed. There's no rush for it. You can do 3 chapters in a week.

6. Quality Checker NOT REQUIRED ATM.

F.A.Q.

- We only have two staff members, that are just proofreaders. We don't have anyone yet. I'm doing the cleaning, redrawing, and typesetting all alone. Would like others to help me out.

- We're using "Dropbox" for the purpose of uploading/editing chapters. Even if you don't have enough space, you can use online Dropbox site to download each files depending on your work.

- We are only uploading our chapters here (Batoto), KissManga is mirroring our releases.

- For contact, I'd like your e-mail so I can invite you to our "Slack" chat.
- There's no fixed schedule. Don't worry about that. We work at our own pace. We release more amount of chapters in a week or sometimes less.

- We're not paying, this is a voluntary job.

How to Apply?

E-mail us at ctsmanga (at) gmail.com with your position, real name or nickname, and your e-mail.

-

Thank you for reading!

Last edited:

iZN1337

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
Bleach is now on pause due to our first project got disturbed, the schedule got off and so now we currently in DIRE need of typesetters, proofreaders, cleaners, re-drawers for "Naruto Digital Colored Edition by Shueisha"!! Please message me if you're interested!
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Bump! Need typesetters and redrawers in extreme urgency!