Question Colossal Titan Dissapearence

Delra12

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 7, 2013
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Hello, I'm new to the mangahelpers forums, and I have a question. This goes pretty far back in the manga/anime, so if this has been addressed already, I'm sorry. But anyway, I've always wondered, how did the colossal titan dissapear when it attacked Eren and co.? I mean, how did it just *poof* vanish, without even leaving a skeleton?

Not only that, when Eren looks at the ground, he just see's one right footprint and two circular holes. Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6Ul6-maFak

If this is different in the manga, and is more clear, my bad, but I didn't start reading the manga from so early.
 

gvidalq

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2013
Messages
146
Reaction score
122
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
Chile
I don't even know if is just a Berthold's exclusive ability or if the other two, Reiner and Annie, also have it, since the situations that the last 2 have been shown were very dangerous to display that ability. The first time that the Armored Titan appears is not shown how it leaves, and the second, he was completely sorrounded by titans, so if he'd just vanished he would be eaten because of the flat terrain with a few trees. Annie situation in the forest was similar, she was sorrounded by soldiers, she would be catched instantly after vanishing, that's she called the titans. But Ymir, a very experienced shifter, could vanish a part of her titan to talk with Historia. So my conclusion is that, probably, every experienced shifter can do that.

I didn's notice the holes, that's very creepy.

(sorry for my engrish lol)
 

SarcasticIndeed

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2013
Messages
69
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Montenegro
Interesting, I really wonder what the holes are. I don't remember if they are in the manga, but I don't see a reason why they would include them for no reason if they weren't. What could have caused circular holes? Maybe there is more to it than we know, we'll see.
 

gnut

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Messages
11,490
Reaction score
18,519
Age
52
Gender
Male
Country
United States
well...him not having skin would signify to me that he is mostly in the titan gas state....like when eren protected armin/mikasa.his form did not hold up long like his form that he fights with...
another ex....was when bert change on the wall to break up the fight with reiner and eren....it was only half his body and quickly disappeared.

to me this isn't far fetched to believe that their corpse disappears so quickly...when we've seen annie turn parts of her body to crystal and then encased herself with in.
reiner turns his body to armor...so maybe it's just the fact of how much they connect themselves to their flesh gundams...a light hook up means a very gaseous body,where a full hook in leads to more density...Annie's shell being the ultimate strength of using what ever makes up their bodies,gas/mist/etc/etc...

maybe,everytime bert changes...he only solidifies his foot/arm/etc...while he keeps the rest of his body in that just barely solid state

sorry,i'm not very scientific...but hopefully you get where i'm going

:)
 

kannazuki

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2013
Messages
2,142
Reaction score
1,307
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Chapter 45 has one HUGE hole for where the colossal fell onto Eren and the armored, and a smaller set that appear to probably be from the armored running away afterwards. There's a huge gap between some of the smaller steps, though. Anyway, it's a basis for comparison. There are even regular titans standing nearby.

Other than that, the colossal titan appears to have very short feet that don't stick out from the leg much, and the armored's are round too so that would probably explain it.
 
Last edited:
Top