1. The new season of the Anime League is here! Tell us which new Anime of this season you liked the most so far!

2. Congratulations Ustegius for winning the Brothers set contest!, and well done to the other participants!.
    New Week, New Contest!
    Time for a short story. The theme is Dystopia. Showcase your writting skills!

Voting has begun for the Self Portrait Drawing contest!.
  3. The Waifu Wars 2017 Semifinals have begun! Bring the salt and cast your votes!
  4. We are looking for new moderators and News Writers. If you are interested, apply here.
  5. Starting from mid-February or so we'll be going through the media gallery and sorting through the submissions there to ensure they match with our recent changes listed in the Media Gallery Guide.
    As such some media files will be removed, so please be sure to look through your media and ensure it is up to requirements If you have any questions, contact a global/admin.
In case you've missed it, Mangahelpers is recruiting new Moderators/News Writers. If you're interested, please read HERE for more information.
Though artists in particular, everyone please do check out the [MEDIA GUIDE] , as there are information relevant for you all. Thanks!

Recipes Community Taste Makers!

Discussion in 'Cooking Corner' started by Farfalla, May 28, 2017.

1. Farfalla

Farfalla MH Senpai

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member

Tuvalu
    Ok, this place has a lot of talented and/or enthusiastic cooks and it's common to see people sharing their meal results, recipes, tips, and etc, in many MH threads (or other kinds of hangouts).
    We should start recording those! Here's what I propose:
    - Whenever someone comes up with a recipe, it could be posted here. I mean, maybe the person didn't "invent" the recipe per se, but just loves it, or added his/her own touch, it can be anything you're passionate about!
    - I can typeset it into a cook book page to organize it all in a digital place.
    - With a categorized summary (by author, origin, recipe or tip type, you name it!0), people can start checking the published book whenever they want an inspiration to cook - or just replicate something they saw as delicious.
    - You can provide any info about your recipe/tip: pictures, tutorial videos links, etc. All can be added to the book.
    - Considering the content will be in English, feel free to ask others to fix your material if you're not a native in... wtv speaks English.
    - People can also comment on the recipes/tips, make suggestions, solve doubts, etc.
    I'll keep this post stickied and updated with the book whenever there's a new addition to it.
    That's it \o/

Updated Recipes:

Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
  2. Farfalla

Farfalla MH Senpai

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member

Tuvalu
    :gwah

I'll fix it in some days once I'm back from my storm paradise o/

zimbardo and gnut like this.
  3. Organizized

Organizized Registered User

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member

Sweden
    Veggie B-Org-ers

Simple but good burgers for those rare days when you (or your wife…) don’t feel like eating a dead animal.

7-8 burgers

Carrots (250 g / ~9 oz)
    Halloumi cheese (200 g / 7 oz)
    Ströbröd/”bread crumbs”/panko (1 dl / 0,42 cup) *
    Eggs (2 of’em)
    Chili flakes and whatever spices you damn like

* if this isn’t something you can find, Google what might be a reasonable substitute.

• Grate the carrots and the halloumi and mix them up in a bowl.
    • Add the eggs and the ströbröd/bread crumbs/whatevs.
    • Get your hands in there and work the mix until it’s shapable enough to form burgers.
    • Add spices of your choice (I recommend at least a sprinkle of chili flakes).
    • Form burgers.
    • Get out a frying pan and cook the burgers on medium high heat until they’ve got a nice ”golden” color.

I like to serve them in simple hamburger buns with avocado slices, cucumber and a simple garlic mayo, with oven roasted sweet potato slices on the side.

Enjoy!

[​IMG]

4. TSPanda

TSPanda Registered User

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member

South Korea
    I call this one Hayama's Hidden Technique @lawlett-kun

This refined jutsu recipe may only be pulled out of the arsenal in dire situations like deadly fights with high level shinobi or apparently battles fought with food instead of literally anything else but food

Anyway, enjoy the Butter Chicken Kinjutsu

Meats
    2 pieces of chicken breast

Dry ingredients
    salt and pepper based on personal preference
    0,5 tea spoon of turmeric
    1 tea spoon of cayenne pepper
    1 tea spoon of cumin
    2 x 1 tea spoons of chili powder
    3 tea spoons of garam masala
    1 table spoon of grated ginger
    1 stick of cinnamon

Non-dry ingredients
    3 x 2 table spoons of butter
    1,5 cups of yellow onion, diced
    3 garlic cloves, minced

Liquids
    bunch of cups of tomato sauce
    1 cup of water
    1 cup of heavy cream

Stuff to eat this with
    spring onion for taste, garnish and colour
    rice, preferably broken sticky rice

How to perform jutsu:

1.) Take chicken breast chans, and cover it with 1 spoon of that chili powder, the tumeric, some salt and some pepper. It's probably smart to cut it before you do this but its your life. Let it sit for some 10 to 20 minutes.

2.) Take out your pan, starting heating it and add in 2 table spoons of butter. Put in the chicken pieces and let it sit till it has browned properly on both sides. Remove the chicken so you can use the pan for the next part of the jutsu.

3.) Melt another 2 table spoons of butter in the same pan. Add onions, garlic, garam masala, ginger, more chili powder, ground cumin, cayenne pepper, cinnamon, salt and pepper. Cook until immigration asks if you're hiding someone.

4.) Once your kitchen smells like Indian grandma's flat, add the tomato sauce. Wait till it like bubbles or whatever its called. Add water, add cute amounts of cream, more bubbles. Throw in the chicken, wait till its simmering.

5.) Stir in the last 2 table of spoons of butter, add additional salt and pepper to taste

6.) Take the sticky rice which u btw should have been cooking already, pour over this creamy delight of a kinjutsu, sprinkle some spring onion on top.

7.) itadakimasu