Society Coronavirus Hangout

Are you vaccinated?

  • Yes

    Votes: 11 84.6%
  • No

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • I would be if I had access

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    13

Sanity Check

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 7, 2019
Messages
2,171
Reaction score
4,730
Age
41
Country
Akatsuki
:hip
I agree, weekly unemployment and a monthly check would be great for so many people, and it could give them surpluses to get out of debt quicker.

What's the difference.

Between Universal Basic Income (UBI).

And Social Security.

The answer to this question will affect billions of lives. For better or worse.
 

Reebi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 10, 2017
Messages
2,432
Reaction score
4,091
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Then let's talk about wine. Do you have a favorite to carry you through quarantine or are you open to new experiences?
I have some French Sauvignon Blanc at the moment. Last time I stocked up I got the same kind :D I prefer the half bottles because I can’t drink that much. With all these shortages of yeast, toilet paper, etc., I find store are ensuring wine is well stocked .
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

We really aren't united or in this together, given how different people feel about wearing masks, lockdowns, and whatnot. There are too many selfish people who won't wear a mask even to keep others safe.
It did give a lot of people more than what they earned to the point that many asked for a layoff so they could get unemployment. Simple math says that $15 per hour would have had the same pay as the $600 per week, and apparently that's what the government decided was what people needed to get by.

I agree, weekly unemployment and a monthly check would be great for so many people, and it could give them surpluses to get out of debt quicker. Scarily though, many businesses threatened employees to get back to work or see their unemployment go away.


Social unrest would be why it's a problem, given how they complain about and at the unemployed than at the government. Don't forget the lives that could be in danger from the second wave as well.



Sadly, politics play a part in how pandemics are confronted.
True, but all over the news and social media everyone is taking about covidiots whether they are politicians or commoners. Personally, I rather know how people are coping and if there is anything funny going on despite the scary situation.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
:hip



What's the difference.

Between Universal Basic Income (UBI).

And Social Security.

The answer to this question will affect billions of lives. For better or worse.
Google is your friend, buddy.
True, but all over the news and social media everyone is taking about covidiots whether they are politicians or commoners. Personally, I rather know how people are coping and if there is anything funny going on despite the scary situation.
oh we just either shoot up heroin or snort cocaine and drink alcohol.
 

Sanity Check

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 7, 2019
Messages
2,171
Reaction score
4,730
Age
41
Country
Akatsuki
Google is your friend, buddy.

I see ppl everywhere talking about UBI as if its a new thing.

If its 100% identical to society security, is it really new though?

:celebrate
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I see ppl everywhere talking about UBI as if its a new thing.

If its 100% identical to society security, is it really new though?

:celebrate
I don't get your point. Are you trying to argue against Social Security because you're against UBI or what?
 

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I see ppl everywhere talking about UBI as if its a new thing.

If its 100% identical to society security, is it really new though?

:celebrate
No......UBI and Social Security have their differences.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
I see ppl everywhere talking about UBI as if its a new thing.

If its 100% identical to society security, is it really new though?

:celebrate
Buddy boy, if you don't know the differences between Social Security and UBI, then I don't know what to tell you. Either way, UBI is a necessity, and having an UBI on top of Social Security would be even better for those who can't afford to get by on Social Security.
 

Sanity Check

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 7, 2019
Messages
2,171
Reaction score
4,730
Age
41
Country
Akatsuki
I guess the real question is whether we as individuals.

Choose to take an honest approach towards analyzing topics like UBI and social security.

Or whether it is more important to deflect and sabotage efforts at real discussion to ensure echo chamber integrity is maintained.
 

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
I guess the real question is whether we as individuals.

Choose to take an honest approach towards analyzing topics like UBI and social security.

Or whether it is more important to deflect and sabotage efforts at real discussion to ensure echo chamber integrity is maintained.
So far, you have not taken honest approach towards discussing politics, electing to share useless memes instead. I highly doubt you're the right person to talk about taking an honest approach.

But in any case, machines replacing jobs and the pandemic proves that UBI is possible and should be done, along with Social Security. At the very least, it helps Americans that republicans claim to care about.
 

desin24

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2013
Messages
1,415
Reaction score
5,425
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Austria
I have some French Sauvignon Blanc at the moment. Last time I stocked up I got the same kind :D I prefer the half bottles because I can’t drink that much. With all these shortages of yeast, toilet paper, etc., I find store are ensuring wine is well stocked .
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



True, but all over the news and social media everyone is taking about covidiots whether they are politicians or commoners. Personally, I rather know how people are coping and if there is anything funny going on despite the scary situation.
So you prefer white to red in general or is that only during quarantine? Here we are lucky enough to have local vineyards with quite terrific wine so we can just tell ourselves that we support local business through day drinking.
 

Reebi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 10, 2017
Messages
2,432
Reaction score
4,091
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Google is your friend, buddy.


oh we just either shoot up heroin or snort cocaine and drink alcohol.
If that makes you cope with the virus that is yours and your doctor’s business :clap
So you prefer white to red in general or is that only during quarantine? Here we are lucky enough to have local vineyards with quite terrific wine so we can just tell ourselves that we support local business through day drinking.
I don’t have a favourite. They are like my children :D There are some ones in Niagara here but too far for local delivery. It’s interesting how tiny things have been since this virus. Even going further than 5km just seems too far.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Why would it be the doctor's business? Fuck them hoes


I wish I could drink alcohol though. Sucks having uptight parents
 

Sanity Check

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 7, 2019
Messages
2,171
Reaction score
4,730
Age
41
Country
Akatsuki
Which Conservatives don't like whatsoever.
How many conservatives have you met or known?

For you to say this with confidence.

So far, you have not taken honest approach towards discussing politics, electing to share useless memes instead.
So in your esteemed and humble opinion, memes can NEVER be honest?

Is that what you're saying?

But in any case, machines replacing jobs and the pandemic proves that UBI is possible and should be done, along with Social Security. At the very least, it helps Americans that republicans claim to care about.
No one said UBI wasn't possible over the short term.

But what happens over the long term when it fails the way social security is failing now?
 

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
How many conservatives have you met or known?

For you to say this with confidence.
Many.

The media also shows this.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

So in your esteemed and humble opinion, memes can NEVER be honest?
They can't be used as tools in a discussion. Basics 101
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
How many conservatives have you met or known?

For you to say this with confidence.



So in your esteemed and humble opinion, memes can NEVER be honest?

Is that what you're saying?



No one said UBI wasn't possible over the short term.

But what happens over the long term when it fails the way social security is failing now?
Rarely, and at least 99% of memes from right wingers or against anything that's not right wing is usually full of disinformation, intentional or otherwise. If you don't understand English, then let me know so I can be more clear instead of assuming you'll know what I mean by "electing to share useless memes instead." If you cannot find the articles to back up your claim, then perhaps you should not be arguing at all and should just stick to sharing your thoughts here. That would be better than making us look at silly memes.


I'm sure the right have been saying this all the time. I'm also willing to bet that Social Security would not be failing, and UBI wouldn't fail, if the wealthy, churches, and corporations were taxed fairly instead of being allowed to exploit loopholes. And if I recall correctly, one reason why Social Security is failing is because of the amount of baby boomers that are retiring, where the younger workforce can't keep up in supporting them. Is this why a lot of republican politicians are okay with seniors dying? Because they don't want to risk their own pensions?
 

Reebi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 10, 2017
Messages
2,432
Reaction score
4,091
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Why would it be the doctor's business? Fuck them hoes


I wish I could drink alcohol though. Sucks having uptight parents
Your family doctor or general practitioner should know everything about your health. They aren’t there to judge – just to know in case something bad happens and they can properly diagnose.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
I'm joking. But the doctors here (or at least ours [my mom and I have the same]) aren't doing too good a job. They're unable to take patients and generally just say to go to the ER, or at least that's my mom's experience.
 
Top