Society Coronavirus Hangout

Are you vaccinated?

  • Yes

    Votes: 11 84.6%
  • No

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • I would be if I had access

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    13

Seven777

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 16, 2016
Messages
5,568
Reaction score
10,567
Age
31
Country
Australia
If China called it UK virus as people from UK were attacked and discriminated against, then I'd give damn, yeah. If Asians weren't attacked prior to calling it a Chinese virus or after, then I wouldn't care much.

It's not warranted when the name is coronavirus. I'm not sure if they're really blaming US for it, but they are blaming Black people for whatever reason and should be held accountable.

Because he's going out of his way to keep calling it Chinese virus? Why would anyone cross out and replace every word?



I'm going off by memory with what I read on the WHO website.

I know, but it's also been theorized that it originated in central US, and that some soldiers lied so they wouldn't be seen as guilty or USA look bad, I forgot which one.
Except there's nothing really suggesting that calling it the chinese virus is responsible for any of that, and it would be ridiculous to assume so.

The name is covid-19, not coronavirus, originally Wuhan virus as the chinese referred to it. How you gonna hold china accountable? By reminding people whose fault it is. What else you gonna do? Invade them?

Yes, why would anyone cross out and replace every word? Seems like more fake news to me. Could easily just tell the writer to put china virus in it in the first place.
 

desin24

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2013
Messages
1,415
Reaction score
5,425
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Austria
Marburg virus isn't a strain of ebola, it's a similar, but separate virus.

They called it the Spanish flu because they thought Spain had been the epicenter for the disease. It was 1918, so no one really knew anything about such a thing. There's still no hard evidence where it originated, and it wasn't only the US calling it the Spanish flu either.
Yes of course. I was just thinking of viruses being named after places. The whole terminology thing has become so bizarre. The virus itself is SARS-CoV 2. The illness it causes is Covid 19 and it's a strain of Corona Virus with its earliest large impact being seen in Wuhan which is why Chinese Media also dubbed it Wuhan Virus.
Yeah and it's been theorized it started in France during WWI and also in China as well. The point is it being erroneously named due to lack of science isn't analogous to COVID-19. Calling it "Wuhan virus" isn't the same as calling it "Chinese virus" either.
I think it was also lack of reporting on it. Spain was honest with its numbers plus it was not really involved in the w
Except there's nothing really suggesting that calling it the chinese virus is responsible for any of that, and it would be ridiculous to assume so.

The name is covid-19, not coronavirus, originally Wuhan virus as the chinese referred to it. How you gonna hold china accountable? By reminding people whose fault it is. What else you gonna do? Invade them?

Yes, why would anyone cross out and replace every word? Seems like more fake news to me. Could easily just tell the writer to put china virus in it in the first place.
I agree with you. Trump is an easy scapegoat and the media uses every chance possible to dunk on him. No matter what he says: words =\= violence. The people who committed the attacks are at fault for their actions. Furthermore everyone knows it originated in China and the government tried to hide it by consciously lying to the WHO for example. Trump calling the virus one thing or another does not change that people know this fact so blaming him seems like the easy way out.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Yeah and it's been theorized it started in France during WWI and also in China as well. The point is it being erroneously named due to lack of science isn't analogous to COVID-19. Calling it "Wuhan virus" isn't the same as calling it "Chinese virus" either.
I never mentioned anything about calling it Wuhan virus, just that calling it Chinese virus is unnecessary and inflammatory.
I agree with you. Trump is an easy scapegoat and the media uses every chance possible to dunk on him. No matter what he says: words =\= violence. The people who committed the attacks are at fault for their actions. Furthermore everyone knows it originated in China and the government tried to hide it by consciously lying to the WHO for example. Trump calling the virus one thing or another does not change that people know this fact so blaming him seems like the easy way out.
When he runs his campaign on bigotry and fans the flame of hate throughout his presidency, it's not hard to blame him.

Though, I don't understand why some people (mainly left wingers?) trust China's reports.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I never mentioned anything about calling it Wuhan virus, just that calling it Chinese virus is unnecessary and inflammatory.
My point is there are people equating the two. I haven't really seen many people calling it the "chinese virus", even Trump has stopped doing it.

I mean, I personally don't care how it's referred to.
 
  • Like
Reactions: M3J

Reebi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 10, 2017
Messages
2,432
Reaction score
4,091
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
I bought wine in the first time since the lockdown. :redface
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
wow a monumental moment with a monumental post to remember that monumental moment forever
 

Sanity Check

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 7, 2019
Messages
2,171
Reaction score
4,731
Age
41
Country
Akatsuki
Some partake of wine during corona.

Me? I'm fasting to get an idea of what conditions may be like should food production & distribution cease.

My digestive tract could have needed a rest to recover and heal. Fasting is actually making me feel noticeably better. Or maybe its more the detox side of things where decreased food through the GI tract gives the body time to cleanse itself of bioaccumulated toxins. Either way noticeable benefits.
 

desin24

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2013
Messages
1,415
Reaction score
5,425
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Austria
Some partake of wine during corona.

Me? I'm fasting to get an idea of what conditions may be like should food production & distribution cease.

My digestive tract could have needed a rest to recover and heal. Fasting is actually making me feel noticeably better. Or maybe its more the detox side of things where decreased food through the GI tract gives the body time to cleanse itself of bioaccumulated toxins. Either way noticeable benefits.
What kind of fasting? The one where you just don't eat certain foods or a certain amount of time without anything but water?

I never understood the detox thing since that's what the liver and kidneys are for. It always seemed like a buzzword to sell diarrhea teas to impressionable teenagers.

The reason I came to this thread if you are interested in some real updates regarding FACTS about Corona? Don't miss the experts talking about it.

 

Sanity Check

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 7, 2019
Messages
2,171
Reaction score
4,731
Age
41
Country
Akatsuki
What kind of fasting? The one where you just don't eat certain foods or a certain amount of time without anything but water?
Nothing but water for 24+ hours.

I never understood the detox thing since that's what the liver and kidneys are for. It always seemed like a buzzword to sell diarrhea teas to impressionable teenagers.
Imagine a person recreationally consuming a steady diet of alcohol. So their blood alcohol levels are steadily above the legal limit.

Liver and kidneys detox to a limited degree.

The same precedent, in theory, applies to microplastics, pesticides and other food additives. Your body will detox and remove them. But if there's a steady influx of unhealthy ingredients, it can make things difficult, if not impossible.

The reason I came to this thread if you are interested in some real updates regarding FACTS about Corona? Don't miss the experts talking about it.

I never realized Greta Thunberg was an expert on global pandemics.

CNN has the lowest ratings and viewership of mainstream news, which is interesting to consider.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Greta Thunberg is more of an expert than Trump, and she would have handled this much better.

CNN likely has the lowest ratings because the left aren't sheep and don't trust CNN like some Dems do. Fox News is probably high because of how it has brainwashed the right, and because the right believe anything about Fox News as they tell stories the way the right want to hear it. Ratings don't mean anything. I mean, Trump lost the popular vote by 3 million but still became president, which is why the pandemic has hit us harder than it should have, and why we're suffering economically.
 

SnuggleCupcake

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 15, 2020
Messages
128
Reaction score
263
Gender
Female
Country
Fun Forum
Fun fact - cable news isn't news
That doesn't necessarily mean that it can't report news. Local news stations are pretty fundamental for releasing pretty important community-specific stories and even larger networks can keep you in the loop of stuff to look out for/look into. Whether you get your first hints of stuff to look up/into from cable news, or reddit, or twitter, or etc - having a "gateway" or ideally multiple "gateway" sources to topics is important. ^^

There isn't, unfortunately, one perfect "true" news source that woke people turn to for perfect, accurate, unbiased news.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
That doesn't necessarily mean that it can't report news. Local news stations are pretty fundamental for releasing pretty important community-specific stories and even larger networks can keep you in the loop of stuff to look out for/look into. Whether you get your first hints of stuff to look up/into from cable news, or reddit, or twitter, or etc - having a "gateway" or ideally multiple "gateway" sources to topics is important. ^^

There isn't, unfortunately, one perfect "true" news source that woke people turn to for perfect, accurate, unbiased news.
My point in saying what I said is that cable news networks aren't driven by the need for reporting the news, they're driven by ratings. They have to get eyes on what they're broadcasting so companies buy advertisement time, and editorializing the stories of the day gets more ratings than simply reporting on it. Network and local news is slightly different because those departments exist independent of them being profitable or not.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Wow Gary, very racist. I'm disappoint.

I think cable news also won't show complete info for ratings. My mom thought everyone who got the virus died since the local cable news didn't show how many people survived.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Even if someone decides to take that meme seriously, it's a simple fact that the majority of people protesting stay-at-home orders are/were white.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
I'm not serious, I'm all for criticizing problematic people. I'm actually annoyed with how many of them are protesting and whining about the country being closed, even though it's their fault to begin with for not practicing social distancing and self-quarantining.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I'm not serious, I'm all for criticizing problematic people. I'm actually annoyed with how many of them are protesting and whining about the country being closed, even though it's their fault to begin with for not practicing social distancing and self-quarantining.
It's not "their" fault. The issue for a lot of people is that they have no money, This is an unprecedented thing and the government has shit the bed. But gathering up in large groups with AR-15s doesn't make much sense either.
 

Sanity Check

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 7, 2019
Messages
2,171
Reaction score
4,731
Age
41
Country
Akatsuki
Greta Thunberg is more of an expert than Trump, and she would have handled this much better.
Does Trump deserve credit for achieving record low unemployment, record stock market and economy numbers. Etc.

I don't know if Greta is quite up to rivaling some of Trump's accomplishments TBH.

Fox News is probably high because of how it has brainwashed the right
I think breitbart is the only right wing, conservative, owned media outlet in the entire world.

That's the only publication I would consider to be right wing. Almost everything else is left wing owned and operated, including fox news.

There are a few independently owned media sources which are an exception.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
It's not "their" fault. The issue for a lot of people is that they have no money, This is an unprecedented thing and the government has shit the bed. But gathering up in large groups with AR-15s doesn't make much sense either.
That doesn't mean they have to protest and risk lives, especially when it's the government's fault for focusing on bailing out corporations instead of helping people and small businesses.
Does Trump deserve credit for achieving record low unemployment, record stock market and economy numbers. Etc.

I don't know if Greta is quite up to rivaling some of Trump's accomplishments TBH.



I think breitbart is the only right wing, conservative, owned media outlet in the entire world.

That's the only publication I would consider to be right wing. Almost everything else is left wing owned and operated, including fox news.

There are a few independently owned media sources which are an exception.
Why would he, when all that positive results occurred under and thanks to Obama? Trump's only credit was not fucking it up until the virus hit.

I'm not sure if you're being daft, but clearly the topic was on handling the virus, and almost anyone but Trump and some republicans would have done a better job, like not getting rid of a pandemic team and actually taking action in Jan or Feb rather than mid-March.

You're either trolling or you really are ignorant. Breitbart, Fox News, InfoWars, The Daily Wire, and etc are right wing news/conservative news. Left wing news would be The Hill and Huffpost, two that are usually more reliable and honest than any right wing news I've come across.
 
Top