Theory - Crazy Theories and Predictions | Page 40 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Theory Crazy Theories and Predictions

nik87

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
@Merlin918 Yeah, it will be interesting to finally see the mystery behind Blackbeard's multiple fruits. The 3 brothers theory is indeed interesting.

hokageji

Reaction score
Country
United States
@Merlin918
That theory was from pre timeskip post marinfold, but i thought it was debunked in Punk Hazard. Both Crocodile and Law had their hearts removed from their bodies but the bodies still retained their abilities. Same goes for CC and Monet.

If you were thinking soul, then shambles disproves that theory too. I dont think eating heart is a requirement.

Merlin918

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
@Merlin918
That theory was from pre timeskip post marinfold, but i thought it was debunked in Punk Hazard. Both Crocodile and Law had their hearts removed from their bodies but the bodies still retained their abilities. Same goes for CC and Monet.

If you were thinking soul, then shambles disproves that theory too. I dont think eating heart is a requirement.
Hmm, can't say I am convinced right now. The OP OP fruit doesnt truly cut people up, their disconnected hearts still pump blood to the body, it is like a spatial portal connection somehow. So the DF effect may transfer to the person still as long as the heart is still 'connected' via OP OP fruit's odd spatial effects. And the heart eating theory would be consistent with Big Mom's method of first getting Soul Soul fruit so right now it seems the most likely to me.

If there is an example of someone being body-swapped by Law and then using their DF ability while in someone else's body, that might be a bit more of a stretch for the heart eating theory though. From what i searched just now on Shambles, they used haki abilities when swapped into the body of another but i didn't see anything about them using DF abilities in someone else's body, correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited:

Fox666

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
Law's ability opens a dimensional portal of sort. Just like the blood can still flow, they would retain their abilities.

hokageji

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well that could be the case as well... heart is logical, but then it could be blood too...

Admiral Teach

Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
Actually, him and Carmel may finally prove the theory that Blackbeard eats someone's heart when he steals their DF, which he presumably did with whitebeard. The theory would be that the DF ability resides in the physical heart and eating it steals the DF ability. Blackbeard either has more than one heart(his 'strange body') or it is the theory that Blackbeard has 2 brothers who hide in the darkness dimension of the Yami Yami no Mi, one of whom ate the Quake fruit by eating WBs heart. There are incidents like Jesus Burgess confronting Sabo and Luffy with a knife which don't make a lot of sense(he uses fists, not weapons) without this theory. And it would even explain how BB stole a DF in the first place from someone who had the ability. It's a better theory than the one where you hold a fruit next to them as they die, as at that rate, all pirates would steal DF abilities frequently. This way it is something more 'evil' which many would not lower themselves to do. There is still another method, searching the area for the nearby fruit which has it, but it would probably be less efficient. It may be possible that if the DF reincarnation cycle involves free will and an actual spirit or 'Devil' holding the ability, that holding a fruit up to the dead person as they die may not work, as it would if this was just like a natural phenomenon. That would make the theory make sense, BB would then simply be taking the ability by force even if the 'devil' holding it would normally choose to appear in a fruit far away from Blackbeard's reach.

My theory right now would be that Blackbeard might go after Kaido's DF next. Right now he has Quake Quake for destruction and Yami Yami to disable powers. Kaido's "Invincibility" along with Flight in dragon form would remove all of Blackbeard's weaknesses. He could probably even pick up his crew by holding the ship in the mouth of his dragon form and thus make the ship invincible and fly to next destination as they tell him where to go with log pose. Would be great for helping the crew escape a bad situation too.

Kaido may be invincible but he is not undefeatable, he has been captured before. Luffy and co will somehow defeat Kaido, possibly with the help of memory-less Big Mom who they convince into helping somehow. An unmarked small ship sails in with seeminly only civilians. Then suddenly all the BB pirates jump out to attack the defeated Kaido.BB and co get past the inspection of their ship by having Shiryuu turn all the elite fighters including Blackbeard Invisible as the insides of the ship are searched as they approach Wano. The Marines probably tried to execute Kaido with seastone or seawater before but it never worked because his base form is always half dragon, and seawater onlg suppresses DF abilities, it doesn't take away base qualities of the body.(Kaido presumably breathes underwater and/or can go entirely without oxygen due to his Ancient Dragon fruit) However, BB's Yami Yami no Mi turns out to be able to disable his dragon form. That, or BB thinks of a way to bypass the regeneration Kaido may have, which was too gruesome for anyone to think of, by eating his heart to steal the DF ability. Either way he steals the fruit then boasts to Big Mom who has gotten her memories back after seeing kaido die. " Now I've got all the strongest powers! The invincible Ancient Dragon fruit, the unstoppable Quake Quake Fruit, and the Darkness Darkness Fruit that can nullify any other power! Zehahaha! Nothing you can do now! You should all just bow down to me, the new Pirate King!"
Because Big Mom, Law, Luffy, and all of Kaido's forces would be after him, although he would have preferred to take Big Mom's fruit for one of his crew, after finding them too strong to quickly defeat, and seeing the giant Kaido fleet in position to soon blow up his crew's ship, he runs away with the Flight of the dragon form, picking the ship up in his mouth and carrying every BB pirate off. Since he became stranded from the rest of his fleet in order to sneak up on Kaido and killsteal, so he can't kill everyone right away. As BB just flies up and away into the sky after failing to kill everyone with tsunamis due to Big Mom, and announcing to the world that he is Pirate King now, he meets up with the other BB pirates in his fleet, and heads off for the final island to go for Raftel."It's too bad I won't get to see her face when she figures out we raided her island while she was gone and copied her Poneglyph! Zehahahaha! Good job on copying both those Poneglyphs and sneaking us around, Shiryuu! Now my Age has finally come!"

Then they will probably end up racing him to Raftel, probably with Big Mom making an alliance out of necessity. BB's biggest weakness has always been durability and no Logia will solve that like Kaido's invincibility can. Big Mom may end up being the only person able to finish him off due to her Soul Soul fruit, as he will be afraid if his invincible dragon body defeated and thus vulnerable to lifespan theft.
I like you. Sure you don't got more than one brain? Zehahahahah! I told'em all about my plan to take the strongest Zoan, but nobody listened, said I'd be too powerful. But if that's not the damn point, then what is? Ze~ahahahahahahahah!

I even mentioned to them about my pirate flag having a demon stabbing a heart, and they still didn't take the hint. But you did. *sighs heavily* Ya know too much... *reaches forward with Liberation*

Merlin918

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I like you. Sure you don't got more than one brain? Zehahahahah! I told'em all about my plan to take the strongest Zoan, but nobody listened, said I'd be too powerful. But if that's not the damn point, then what is? Ze~ahahahahahahahah!

I even mentioned to them about my pirate flag having a demon stabbing a heart, and they still didn't take the hint. But you did. *sighs heavily* Ya know too much... *reaches forward with Liberation*
Thanks for saying you like the theory, I appreciate it.https://mangahelpers.com/forum/posts/5051101/edit

Yeah, Kaido's fruit is perfect for Blackbeard. The Yami Yami no Mi might be enough on its own to let him kill an incapacitated Kaido, since it seems different than karoseki. Example:Luffy is shown to be made of rubber even when fully underwater when others stretch his neck to the surface so he breathes, but Blackbeard once made him bleed with a punch after grabbing him with Yami Yami no mi. It's probably because seawater just 'suppresses' the DF ability but can't stop it from changing the inside of the body if it's a paramecia that is always passively on, while Blackbeard 'extracts' the source of the DF ability, making it entirely not present inside their body and unable to help them in any way. So, he probably is the one person who really can disable Kaido's invincibility and/or regeneration.

Your point about the pirate flag is really good, thanks for saying that, I didn't know that he had the historical blackbeard had one with a demon piercing a heart. Also, although i didn't discover this one on my own either, his flag in the series has three skulls on it, it's been like that since the beginning. Not just two, which is how it would probably be if he only could get WB's fruit. Three skulls very very likely indicates that he can get up to 3 powers, including the Yami Yami no Mi, and has just been trolling everyone all this time with a flag that gives a hint of what his secret master plan is.

There is a bit of discrepancy between the 'strange body' theory and the "2 brothers in Darkness dimension" theory, but i think the first can fit the second. There have been close up panels where we see BB suddenly have a full set of teeth, which should be totally impossible if it was just a strange body. I am just adding onto someone else's theory here, but the idea is that he can have his brothers 'overlap' somewhat with him and partially phase out of the darkness dimension so they can use their powers, or he goes into the dimension while they swap with him, or maybe he can do both. The 'strange body' could come from people seeing his body change in weird ways that shouldn't be possible, like suddenly having teeth, recovering from a wound he shouldn't be able to, or randomly getting a new one when he uses his powers. He might also just have a constant 'overlap' effect which makes him very odd. For example, shake his hand and you might feel more than one pulse, which could make people assume Blackbeard has multiple hearts. So it isn't necessarily the body itself that's strange, but an effect of his ability that nobody else knows about.

The only other person I can think of right now besides Big Mom who could potentially kill off Blackbeard for good even if he gets Kaido's fruit, is Kizaru, his light fruit may be able to disrupt Blackbeard's darkness based ability theft in some way, if he gets enough help from others to actually defeat him even with his 3 op abilities. For example he dispels the darkness dimension and now Blackbeard is split up from his 2 brothers, leaving only one of the brothers invincible for a moment. This lets Kizaru try to kill the darkness-using blackbeard before he can suck them back into the dimension and let one of his brothers invincibility power overlap with his body. Actually, he may be using two powers at once with one body, by having the brother that ate Quake Quake lend his ability. Since it's 'stolen', and the 'Devil' that grants the power is still inside his brother and not him, the powers do not conflict and he is able to wield Quake Quake and Darkness at the same time. In other words, Blackbeard might have always been capable of stealing someone's powers with Yami Yami the moment he touches their body and then using them against them(like if he had hit Ace with his own flames the moment he grabbed him), but he may have just been keeping that part of his power a total secret all this time and instead only 'disabling' their powers so nobody could guess at his secret masterplan. That, or his ability steal only works if the target gives it voluntarily, or is directly stored in his dark dimension, or both. TLDR, he would normally have only one body present and attackable, his own body, which would steal the 2 other powers easily from his brothers and remove his weaknesses, but if you disrupt his dimension by hitting him with light, he is made vulnerable. Of course, even if Kizaru could do that, BB would try to get a chance to suck them back up into the dimension as soon as he could to become invincible again, so it wouldn't be an autowin, and even when split up they still have very OP abilities to use.

As for the whole plan to get to Raftel, now that I think about it, Blackbeard may still need to capture Robin to decipher the poneglyphs, but as long as he gets their text copied down now he is in a much better position to search for Raftel the moment he can either capture her, find someone else who can do so(if anyone like that is even alive, maybe someone related to the celestial dragons knows?), or capture someone who can use "Voice of All Things" ability Roger had to find out what it means. If he can't do that, then he'd have to find some way to follow Luffy and co if they find the way to Raftel first. The only other way to find out what is on a poneglyph would be maybe an Awakened version of the memory fruit that can somehow work on objects, since fruits can have strange evolutions in one piece.(Example:the healing based DF gives "Restoration" of buildings) Meaning he would have to have someone capture or kill Pudding, making her use it either through torture or killing her and taking it.

Actually, this completely works out for BB if he 1:Raided Big Mom's island while she was gone, probably using the same invisible-inside-boat strategy which would be used to sneak up on Wano later 2:Shiryuu copies the poneglyph 3:Someone among BB pirates uses this surprise attack as a chance to capture Pudding 4:They reach Wano, BB and others kill Kaido while someone, probably Shiryuu, copies Kaido's poneglyph 5:They all escape after taking Poneglyph copy and Kaido's DF 6:Blackbeard now has 2 poneglyphs written down, someone who could potentially read them, and is now mostly unbeatable 1v1. His 2nd important objective would be to try to kidnap Robin from the Straw Hats during the chaos of the attack, she would be one of the highest priority goals since she is guaranteed to be able to read the poneglyphs if they can torture her into it. As long as they made sure not to accidentally kidnap a clone it could probably happen while everyone was busy fighting the god mode version of Blackbeard.

If he sees Law or figures out Law is there, he will almost undoubtedly try to kill him and steal his DF if there is a decent chance. BB's outlook on life is that survival is all that matters, so he's going to want to kill Law and take his fruit so he can give it to some weak-willed doctor person that he can manipulate into using the Immortality Surgery on him. Not that he will necessarily manage to kill Law, Law may even already be dead by the time he shows up as a result of Luffy and co vs Kaido, which may mean quickly searching for his DF is impossible since it could be in any fruit on the island, unless it's still stuck in his heart. Just saying he's probably going to try if he finds out law is there.

Since the memory memory fruit can probably alter the user's own memories, even if Robin would never break under torture, it doesn't matter if they are able to get this fruit while attacking Big Mom's island, they can just transplant Robin's memories of how to decipher poneglyphs into several people and have them all quickly figure it out.

Pudding is also mixed race between normal humans and the Three Eyed Tribe, and may have the ability to use "The Voice of All Things" like the Three Eyed Tribe all can, which means even if he just captures Pudding and gets her to work for him, that could potentially be enough to gain info on all poneglyph text he can find, even without Robin.

If he doesn't manage to kidnap Pudding and his crew can't get the poneglyph information out of Robin through torture or doesn't get a chance to capture her, the only real option's going to have to be somehow following Luffy to Raftel once Luffy has every poneglyph written down, which he probably will not too long after this wano arc is over, there will just be 1 more to go. There could be a situation where Luffy has no real choice but to let BB follow him there as he will need whatever superweapon is there to win in a direct confrontation with the BB pirates who are following him. Either that or he somehow does so undetected. You could also have a situation where someone spies on the ship somehow and overhears them saying where Raftel is, but that seems more doubtful, even when Shiryuu is an invisible man, as he'd first need a chance to board the ship without getting caught and eventually disembark when Luffy and co reach an island, and that island has to be somewhere that isn't Raftel. The Marine Admirals are apparently able to go years without eating, but i don't know how easy it'd be to stay hidden for weeks inside an enemy ship for him, as he is probably not 'Admiral Level' in haki. I also wonder if a DF can really stay active while you are asleep and let you sleep while invisible.

Getting all 4 would still be hard though as he would then need to either find and attack the Zou elephant. Maybe someone on Wano knows where it is, as the Minks have an alliance with the Kozuki family. That, or steal the Straw Hat's records of its poneglyph, or get this information out of robin. Momonuseke the son of Oden is an option to capture besides Robin for learning the info of all poneglyphs, if BB ever figures out that he can use "The Voice of All Things", he could also work as a hostage to maybe find out if there is someone among the Kozuki Family and their supporters who knows how to read Poneglyphs besides the now-dead Oden, and force them to work for him in exchange for Mononuseke's safety.

And then there is still a 4th poneglyph which is supposedly lost, unless he already found it. But i think this chance to get at least 2 written down in quick succession and probably also steal Kaido's DF is something Oda will have Blackbeard do, there are just way too many reasons why Blackbeard would appear here(as he does know what is going on, it was world news that Big Mom is going after Luffy towards Wano), and not many reasons why he shouldn't show up now, when there is all this foreshadowing of him getting 3 powers, and this is probably the best chance he'll ever have to get Kaido's.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I really like your theory, Nick87. Had another one to share, though.

Oden was the user of the actual Monkey Zoan, and always stayed in hybrid form, thus his shadowed appearance. He wielded a staff weapon more often than a sword, or maybe with no sword at all. Kaido has the sword or else it is in Orochi's belly. Luffy will eventually claim the staff when he fights Kaido.
Once Luffy gets his DF awakening, he'll probably go full Goku, and turn that staff into an infinitely extendable Power Pole. It makes sense, all he has to do is make it stretch by turning it into rubber. GODA strikes again, it's one of those things that seems like it would have to have been planned from the beginning, assuming it happens. All he's missing to be Goku from DB is the Flying Nimbus...But Nami already has Zeus, so maybe he already has one, lol.

Last edited:

Admiral Teach

Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
The Straw Hat allows for you to go Super Seiyen Haki on people. Im is actually Freiza with a form beyond the final form, and he's trembling at the thought of Luffy keeping that precious hat. But I WILL have it. Zehahahah! As I will have all the good fruits!

You make great points, Merlin! But you missunderstand. When the Black Beard Pirates strike, it will not be through Shiryuu. But through Katerina Devon herself, and her shape-shifting Nine-tailed Fox fruit! Zehahahah! Will they even know it isn't Robin? Zehahahah! Can't rescue someone if they're not gone! Zehhahahaha!

Merlin918

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The Straw Hat allows for you to go Super Seiyen Haki on people. Im is actually Freiza with a form beyond the final form, and he's trembling at the thought of Luffy keeping that precious hat. But I WILL have it. Zehahahah! As I will have all the good fruits!

You make great points, Merlin! But you missunderstand. When the Black Beard Pirates strike, it will not be through Shiryuu. But through Katerina Devon herself, and her shape-shifting Nine-tailed Fox fruit! Zehahahah! Will they even know it isn't Robin? Zehahahah! Can't rescue someone if they're not gone! Zehhahahaha!
A shapeshifter AND an invisibility user? So OP. If they coordinated and Shiryuu was able to instantly knock out Robin with a sneak attack, and turn her invisible in the process, those two could probably even capture her when she's right in plain sight of the others and have her sub out with the shapeshifter before anyone is the wiser. Ayy Lmao. Although they'd probably try to seek a chance when there aren't too many near so they can still beat up anyone there with force if something goes wrong, or of course, the best case scenario is if she's completely on her own and there is no chance to tell anyone else.

But yeah. It's definitely going to happen at that rate lol.

Admiral Teach

Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
Shush!

You'll ruin the plan!

Sachsenhesse

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Chopper probably can distingish Robins smell from Catherina. Aaaand Sanjis Boner wont lie either probably. If all fails Luffys Intuition would clear it up.

Fox666

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
Chopper couldn't use his smell on Sogeking or the fake Strawhats...

Sachsenhesse

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Sanjis Boner it is then. Can we call him KingMoe?

Merlin918

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Chopper probably can distingish Robins smell from Catherina. Aaaand Sanjis Boner wont lie either probably. If all fails Luffys Intuition would clear it up.
To be fair it doesn't really matter if she would get found out, as long as it would work for even a short period of time, during which robin is kidnapped. Even half a minute could already be long enough for Robin to be out of line of sight/nobody knows where she is. By the time Robin would have been kidnapped and there's nothing they can do to save her, Catherina would try to find a chance to make an excuse to separate from the group while pretending to be Robin, as there is no point staying surrounded by potential enemies once the mission is complete. Or just wait there until other BB pirates show up to get her out of her situation.

But who knows, maybe Chopper could discover the disguise move. It depends on if he's in the right place at the right time.

nik87

Banned
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
I am expecting a double plot twist with Kyoshiro.
Right now he seems like a bad guy and at some point, the first twist will come and he will be revealed as actually a good guy who is helping Hiyori, if she really is Komurasaki, only for the second twist to arrive revealing him as bad guy again who was only using Hiyori for his own goals.

Admiral Teach

Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
Catarina's powers are from a Mythical Zoan. You should assume her transformations can account for smell.

Merlin918

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Catarina's powers are from a Mythical Zoan. You should assume her transformations can account for smell.
My guess would be that if Robin gets captured, Luffy will learn to use "The Voice of All Things" on Poneglyphs, since he already has the ability itself. That'd be one way for him to follow Blackbeard towards Raftel as long as he can find the fourth and final poneglyph.

nik87

Banned
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Yasu is Zoro's father.
Zoro was already born when Oden fell so if Yasu is his father and being the daimyo of the only region that has a port it is possible that he sent his wife and his son away from Wano to east blue on the last ship that managed to leave, to protect them before Kaido and Orochi closed it off completely.

TitaniumOxide

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey guys I was reading Library of Ohara and saw this

Now, I am a big fan of Artur so all credits goes to him. Don't think anyone discussed it here yet but if you look at the top right of the expanded pic, you see a 4th character in a silhouette next to Queen's silhouette. Who is this person? Is it a 4th Calamity? Is it...riding on an animal? I have so many questions...because of all the shown cards, we have King, Queen, Jack and even Joker. Where is Ace? Besides fire fist Ace, no one comes to mind and this one is dead.

I think there may be one more All star. If the current 3 all stars are brothers then this may be the eldest sister and instead of Ace I guess Oda may use a variant...like Asa. I mean Kaido is Caardo lol. I think it may be a sister because of the headdress/hairdo that the silhouette has on. I guess it can be a dude but to me, it just work better if it was an eldest sister who is the crazy mean bitch that puts them all into place because she is the Ace. I wonder if this character will have an ancient zoan fruit to keep in line with their style. Only issue is, Ace just doesn't seem like a girls' name...yet and Asa sounds kind of dumb here but these are just my own biasedness and preferences. Does anyone else think there will be a 4th surprise calamity like Blue Note Stinger coming out as a surprise top tier commander in Grimoire Heart in Fairy Tail? Ah man. Miss the old FT.

Edit: apparently some people online has some interesting suggestions about the 4th silhouetted figure. There is a discussion going on saying the mystery character might be Carrot! She has been missing for a while..hahahaha

Fox666

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
How the hell could that be Carrot? That flashback was 20 years ago.