One Piece has an incredible world building.
However, I noticed that most things have an answer, which the author thought from the beginning.
There are enough series which the author has presented countless problems, but no solutions.
But I can tell in One Piece, the author always asks things like "Why are things like that? What is the problem? Who is responsible? How can it be solved?"
For example, the Marines are a global organization. This has been explained masterfully. I'm sure the author has thought of world nobles from the beginning.
I'm sure this is fundamental to figuring out what the One Piece is.
The destruction of the Red Line theory hit too many spots, while the sake theory is useless.
But I can tell there's something important the author has not revealed yet.
It seems wealth inequality is a fundamental problem in One Piece. The Celestial Dragons are the greatest example of it. Luffy also wants all people who eat as much as they want.
What is the answer for that problem?
Since the beginning Luffy has dealt with pirates who terrorized people lives. The Marines should exist to combat this evil.
Luffy cannot beat every douche-bag in the world. How can he improve people lives, in a global scale?
I'm starting to think the WG is the one responsible for the problem with pirates getting this bad. It would make sense from a narrative perspective.
I thought of something... If the WG is providing both marines and pirates with Devil Fruits, it would create a problem and provide a solution at the same time. If this stopped, maybe there wouldn't be a need for a world government to protect every island.