dediara 357-first tablet coloring | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

dediara 357-first tablet coloring

Shabanga

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
http://shabanga.deviantart.com/art/deidara-357-67887411

Just got my first tablet recently for my birthday so i dug out this old lineart and with some help from Amaretti's coloring tutorial i tried coloring with my tablet for the first time.
i know i need to work on some things so any suggestions or constructive criticism is appreciated.

jawada

Reaction score
Country
Canada
that was very good for your first one....
tips (only if want them):
-when making the clouds there are two things you can do; colour in the lines, or delete the lines and make new clouds.

- only use the smudge tool to make blends and don't make the smudges into zig zags (its unnatural)
nicely blended look below:

- to show brightness (i know this is going to sound strange but...) make the shade (shadows etc.) darker.
see cause of dark shading light shows:

same with this one:

- show some 3D by adding layers of shade, colours, etc. (but NOT too much 3D when colouring manga or anything that has to do with anime)

- when mixing different colours to make a better colour (like the green you added to the clouds).... remember to use layers and opacity and the smudge tool (AKA the blending tool)
use the opacity!:

- another way to show the light is to show some reflection of it in clouthes, hair, skin, eyes and many more things..... l
see the light on the sword:

see the small blue light reflect off of the nose:

Shabanga

Reaction score
Country
United States
Cool thanks for the tips!