Shounen - Detective Academy Q by Amagi Seimaru & Satou Fumiya | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Detective Academy Q by Amagi Seimaru & Satou Fumiya

karasu

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Description

From the mangaka of Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo, this great manga is about detective school, DDS, where school kids are taught to be future detectives/officers.

DDS was established by a great legendary detective, namely Morihiko Dan, along with his partner who died couple of years ago.
Morihiko Dan, decided to open a new class, in order to find the inheritor of DDS, namely the Q class.

Follow Kyu, the main character, a boy who decided not to go to high school and wanted to go to DDS instead.
What he didn't know, was that, in order to get into the school, there is a qualification exam.
Having Minami Megumi (Meg), the photographic memory girl who can't forget anything she saw; Touyama Kintaro (Kinta), a reckless martial arts master; Narusawa Kazuma (Kazuma), a genious programmer who's still in primary school; and Amakusa Ryu (Ryu), the mysterious genious, as rivals, can he survive the qualification exam?

Progress

Up to v1ch5 done by Bakaneko
get it from gotlurk.net

urgh.. i misread lfb's post in the fight no akatsuki thread.. i thought he said volume 5 ch 1..
but, if it's only v1 ch5... i dunno if anyone will be interested...
if anyone is interested, you can download the anime from animesuki.com
they have 39 episodes, which is starting to get to the best bit of the series...

anyway, my mum didn't bring the other volumes, what i have in my possessions are volume 18 - 22
which are the endings.
I made this thread to get opinion from people, whether anyone would want to see the ending...
else, we'll just wait until someone can bring the other volumes to me...
so, comments?

TBBX

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: Detective Academy Q / Tantei Gakuen Q / Dan Detective School Thread

i would love to see the ending =)

Reloaded

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score

i like this manga can you upload chapter 5 on megaupload, ive only seen upto chapter 4.

karasu

Reaction score
Country
Australia

um.... i don't have them... you have to get them from lurk or other sources..
the reason i open up this thread is only to get people responses if they wanted me to scanlate the last few volumes, coz i don't have the earlier volumes in my possession...

i'm currently scanning New Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo... look forward to it :D
it's a great predecessor series by the same author... and it's already in english.. i just have to scan it and upload it...

keeseng12

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score

book volume 22 is the ending?

may i know where to download the Edited Manga for the final episode?

i want if u really want to scanlate the last few volumes, i'll be the first to download, lol ^_^

karasu

Reaction score
Country
Australia

thanks...
but i think lots of people won't get the story...
i'll be going back to indonesia at the beginning of next year...
i'll get all 22 volumes, and scan them from the beginning... :D
gonna be tough, hopefully some people would help me by then...
and by that time, supposedly i've already graduated :D more time to do stuff :D (before i get a job :D)

Reloaded

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score

karasu said:
thanks...
but i think lots of people won't get the story...
i'll be going back to indonesia at the beginning of next year...
i'll get all 22 volumes, and scan them from the beginning... :D
gonna be tough, hopefully some people would help me by then...
and by that time, supposedly i've already graduated :D more time to do stuff :D (before i get a job :D)
yeah that will be the best way because i dont think ill understand what the last few volume are about, ive only read the first 4 chapters.

keeseng12

Reaction score

i have all the books from volume 1 till volume 21, but it's in Malay language

if u need help, feel free to tell me anytime

"~Mail~"

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia

Ppl from M'sia and even Brunei,

Plz dont scanlate your Malay version of manga.. Here's the reason:

1. The picture are redrawn badly.
2. Lots of areas are censored and redrawn like a child.
3. The word bubble are jumbled and causing the original picture to lose most of its meaning.
4. The translation $uck$..

How do I know? I've read almost all comics (from HK to Jpn) and because of the stupid M'sia censorship policies, all non-US (yes only US things arent censored) product need to be censored..

So, please use raws (or even scanlated) from other country (Indonesia, I dont know).. If not used the VIZ version (yes, US scanlated manga are not censored)..

p/s: I've read all the 22 volumes of Detective Q in Malay, now waiting for an English Version of it..

Last edited:

kuroineko13

Reaction score
Country
United States

That site doesn't work. You couldn't just put it on MegaUpload?

I know a torrent that has TGQ, but I've got 94% and I'm the only peer. I need to find someone to reseed, 'cause I can't actually read any of the manga until it's at 100%. >_<

Nightwing220288

Reaction score

woah you're gonna scan all of them ? I definitely wil download all of them. Thanx for your hard work anyway

Gret

Reaction score
Country
Singapore

Hey, this is a nice manga. Thx for introducing!

magictos

Reaction score
Country
Australia

I'd have to say some cases are rather dumb and some are pretty good.. but overall, it's worth reading if you like mystery.. do ppl still look forward to the Edited Manga release of this series? I dun mind translating the chapters (not Editing), but i'm translating it from indonesian edition..

btw, if you still wanna search for this series.. Storm In Heaven is Editing it

http://www.storminheaven.net/

FeyPhantom

Reaction score
Country
Canada

I hope this isn't considered grave-digging the topic. I actually found it via a google search. I was wondering if anyone knows of any other Edited Manga groups other than storminheaven who have scanlated more of the manga than them? That or even just a torrent would be fine. I'd really like to read the rest of the story but I'm finding very little info on the manga, let alone any Manga Editors who have already done it.

mbiogirlumd

Reaction score
Country
United States

Hey Fey!
As far as we know, we at Storm have scanlated the most into the series. Now that we have dedicated translators we are hoping to pick up speed as summer approaches, but that depends on our scanner. Its a great manga so we really would like to share it with more people.

fluke32

Reaction score
Country
Philippines

Did you guys know that there's already an Anime adaptation for this manga? Has anyone watched that? If so, can I ask what volumes and chapters would be covered by the Anime?

mbiogirlumd

Reaction score
Country
United States

*grin* Oh yeah, we know it! I would say the anime covers about one half of the manga story (vol 1-11 or so), maybe just a little less. There was a live action drama last season that sort of covered the entire series, but they really had to skip a ton of things to do it. The anime has been totally subbed by a couple of different groups (I forget the names at the moment) and the live action is being worked on by live-evil. Personally I'm bummed that they didn't animate all of it, but then again the series wasn't finished when it was aired on TV.

Last edited:

"~Mail~"

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
For those who wanted the japanese raw of TGQ, i saw a link in FileFactory and its almost complete. Why almost? The vol 9 is somehow corrupted.

Here the link [link]http://www.filefactory.com/f/e98a27f3d18383cf/[/link]

Is there anyone who has the vol 9 raw?

Leaper

Reaction score
Country
United States
Since this thread started, DAQ has been dropped from Storm in Heaven, who says that it's been picked up by another group. Anyone know where I can find this group?

Tosca

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Hey! I'm a new translator and I started to translate Detective Academy Q for the heck of it. Not only that, I actually plan to finish it.

I actually started from the beginning about a month ago since I wanted to do the whole thing. Nothing against the translators who came before me (ok, maybe a little bit against the one doing the last couple of chapters, that was terrible) but I'm a bit of a detail freak so I thought they let out too many things...

Right now I'm almost finished with volume 5 (hey, it's vacation and I'm ignoring my school projects) and I'm going forward pretty fast... Still have a problem though. Since I'm a detail freak I refuse to put my translations onto the internet without putting them in the manga first. So they's be Edited Mangas then, you know?

The problem is this. When I finished volume 4 I started putting translations into the RAWs in chapter one. It took me about as long as it took me to translate but that wasn't the problem. I have no problem translating on and on for hours. I can hardly keep myself Editing (putting pictures in scans, calling it Editing for a moment) for half an hour. Ok, I managed to go on for 5 houres when I first tried but It just couldn't keep my attention. If I have to do it myself my 'complete translation project' is gonna take about 10 times as long as it could be.

Is there someone (you know) who might want to put my translations into the Detective Academy Q manga?