Shounen Detective Conan by Aoyama Gosho

weixiaobao

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 4, 2006
Messages
4,323
Reaction score
917
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Detective conan (latest chapter discussion)

Thanks, I already have them.
I would only to know if others think the same as me about the conversation Eisuke had with Conan in "File 621". Don't you think it was too easy how Eisuke understood that Conan is Shinichi?
kind of.. unless he knew some of the secrets about the pill or what the organization capable of..

and beside he been in quite a few cases which we could observed the pattern of how conan involvement in each cases..
 

trikelandie

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 19, 2007
Messages
28
Reaction score
0
Gender
Hidden
Country
Australia
Re: Detective conan (latest chapter discussion)

Who is your favourite person in Detective Conan?

I like Ai Haibara (dunno if that is her name???) :P
 

Luckas

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,227
Reaction score
128
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: Detective conan (latest chapter discussion)

I also like very much the character of Ai Haibara.
 

purplerose_04

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
May 25, 2007
Messages
91
Reaction score
1
Age
40
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Detective conan (latest chapter discussion)

i love detective conan however it seems the story is progressing really slowly, I wonder when it will ended.. one more thing i'm sorry but it seems like Shinich stay at 17 for a long time.. I dunno why but with all the cases and traveling i thought he might have turn 19 already.. I hard to believe that every day there is a murder case, I know it is manga but still ya know...

anywayz my fave character is also Ai well for girls, and for guy I like heji.. i would like shinichi but sometime he annoyed me :D
 

ttxdragon

Dearly Missed ;__;
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 30, 2006
Messages
5,662
Reaction score
299
Gender
Hidden
Country
Venezuela
Re: Detective conan (latest chapter discussion)

this thread is really dead, isn't it? >.<

anyway, just looked at conan.avionicknight.com and had my mind blown away by the spoilers!!



Translations:
pic left top:
gu--
this feeling...
impossible!!

Hey... Agasa...

pic middle top:
It's a miracal drug that can return him to his high school form from the child's body induced by ATPX4989!

pic right top:
Shi... Shinichi!?

pic bottom:
Shinichi... Is that my name?

credits:
pics found at: http://conan.avionicknight.com/
and middle top pic miraculously read by njt and translated by sai_the_shaman. thanks guys :3

WOAH!

Shinichi losing his memory and being all real-age again?! WOW! if this is true (and i doubt those are fake pics), this one has got to be one arc of pure greatness :3

I wonder... is the side effect of memory why Ai was so upset? Or is it her worry of the Organization finding him? It doesn't seem like she want's to let shinichi return to his adult form because of fear of losing him to the BO >.>;

*wants the chapter badly*
 

weixiaobao

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 4, 2006
Messages
4,323
Reaction score
917
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Detective conan (latest chapter discussion)

this thread is really dead, isn't it? >.<

anyway, just looked at conan.avionicknight.com and had my mind blown away by the spoilers!!
About time this series start to row again..
thanks for the update.. :)
 

Luckas

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,227
Reaction score
128
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: Detective conan (latest chapter discussion)

WOAH!

Shinichi losing his memory and being all real-age again?! WOW! if this is true (and i doubt those are fake pics), this one has got to be one arc of pure greatness :3

I wonder... is the side effect of memory why Ai was so upset? Or is it her worry of the Organization finding him? It doesn't seem like she want's to let shinichi return to his adult form because of fear of losing him to the BO >.>;

*wants the chapter badly*
Maybe Ai simply doesn't want to lose Shinichi to Ran?
 

ttxdragon

Dearly Missed ;__;
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 30, 2006
Messages
5,662
Reaction score
299
Gender
Hidden
Country
Venezuela
Re: Detective conan (latest chapter discussion)

Well, that'd be another possible reason... though the memory-wipe could be possibly convenient for her, when she notices >.>; Heh, if ran doesn't tell shinichi about some past life that didn't exist xD (I could rather see AI do that, though)....

But an amnesia would mean that he doesn't know about the BO anymore and wouldn't be careful, so Ai would have to act anyway and get him to hide while explaining situation and everything to him -- hopefully he remembers the professor or her >.<

This would really shuffle the cards again.

Though now that I think about it,
seeing how we don't know how far the pics are connected the shinichi with the 'amnesia' might as well be an imposter :O though I find that highly unlikely, it's still a possibility as we've seen the perfect make up heiji had on the horror-ship case...
Maybe, just maybe, Conan was taken out by that drug and something different happened to him while an imposter is placed into that house...
But I think I'd be really imagining too much into that >.>;
 

Luckas

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,227
Reaction score
128
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: Detective conan (latest chapter discussion)

What do you think about the possibility "Bourbon" is the man Shinichi invited to stay at his home? I was almost sure it was that Fbi cop, Akio(sp), who I think none really believed was killed to preserve that woman identity.
 

ttxdragon

Dearly Missed ;__;
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 30, 2006
Messages
5,662
Reaction score
299
Gender
Hidden
Country
Venezuela
Re: Detective conan (latest chapter discussion)

I rather like the idea of Bourbon being the one staying in Shinichi's house... I would like it to be the predictable constant in the upcoming unpredictability. Since, well, I'd hate to have this one only be another 'ally/unrelated neutral person coming close to conan and his identity' case, like it was with eisuke. It'd really be a big disappointment if that's the case again. Everytime (besides the 'child kidnapping' run in with vermouth) it seems like if conan/shinichi is really outsmarted and in danger of being detected it's either ran or someone who is an ally of shinichi... There aren't too many cases where it's a draw and those are usually kaito kid >.>;

As for Akio... I hope he's dead.
While he was an interesting character, I'd hate to have him suffer from the 'good guys never die' syndrome too.
While the manga is for kids, it clearly does state that at the same time it's also got a good grasp at reality (despite the unreal shrinking stuff and the profs 'inventions' >.>; ).
So... I don't want to believe that he's not dead. >.<
 

Luckas

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,227
Reaction score
128
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: Detective conan (latest chapter discussion)

I get your point, we'll see what happen in the next chapters.
 

Yabe

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2007
Messages
595
Reaction score
836
Gender
Hidden
Country
Italy
Re: Detective conan (latest chapter discussion)

I rather like the idea of Bourbon being the one staying in Shinichi's house... I would like it to be the predictable constant in the upcoming unpredictability. Since, well, I'd hate to have this one only be another 'ally/unrelated neutral person coming close to conan and his identity' case, like it was with eisuke. It'd really be a big disappointment if that's the case again. Everytime (besides the 'child kidnapping' run in with vermouth) it seems like if conan/shinichi is really outsmarted and in danger of being detected it's either ran or someone who is an ally of shinichi... There aren't too many cases where it's a draw and those are usually kaito kid >.>;

As for Akio... I hope he's dead.
While he was an interesting character, I'd hate to have him suffer from the 'good guys never die' syndrome too.
While the manga is for kids, it clearly does state that at the same time it's also got a good grasp at reality (despite the unreal shrinking stuff and the profs 'inventions' >.>; ).
So... I don't want to believe that he's not dead. >.<
Sorry :redface, but I really believe that Shuuichi the FBI is still alive when I saw Conan's triumphant smile, and I, too, suspect that the Okiya Subaru guy could be Shuuichi (though I don't know why must have a scene which he drank Bourbon, but it might be the same reason as how Vermount was drinking Sherry). I saw every times Conan suspected that somebody might be a Black Organization's member, he was more panicked and disturbed than he was when he handed him his house's key, or when Haibara was very anxious in the Red, White and Yellow case.

I was thinking that in case Subaru was Bourbon, when he approached Conan by asking to stay with Dr. Akasa and the boy told him to live in his house, it could be that Conan had already arranged some plan to counter with the dangerous guy - but then why Conan has acted so carelessly and still seemed to be clueless about this new BO's member by repeating Rena's warning in his head over again after the meeting? Isn't he supposed to be more bothered by the fact that the very skilled Bourbon was living very close to Haibara?

But if Subaru is Shuuichi, two reasons for his staying at Kudo's place are more cleared to be to prevent that vacant place to be used/sneaked in by the true Bourbon and to keep an eye on Haibara's safety, and it answers the calm reaction of Conan too.
 

Sportgal1

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 23, 2008
Messages
212
Reaction score
72
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
I thought i'd see if anyone's still interested in this anymore? I really like the length of this manga, it's not too serious but follows a theme. I like the mini-story arcs with kaitou kid and the men-in-black. I hope that we see more about them soon, the arcs keep getting shorter and more pointless
 

Yabe

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2007
Messages
595
Reaction score
836
Gender
Hidden
Country
Italy
Still do! :D

New topic for discussion then:
Do you think James Black's really with the FBI side? It's looked like he hasn't contributed enough to his role as the FBI boss (Jodie & Shuuichi were always the FBI big stars), what Conan noted about his similar name to Professor Moriarty also got me as it's Aoyama's hinting to his real face. So I think it's possible he's actually a spy from the Black Organization (could he prolly even be the last boss?) but I still don't get his purpose either way though... so what's your thought?
 

Jath

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 6, 2008
Messages
47
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
One thing I actually have a question about is did Conan actually tell Jodie or any of the FBI his secret? I know they had been suspicious out the wazoo but I haven't seen an episode/read a chapter where he actually tells them.
 

Sportgal1

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 23, 2008
Messages
212
Reaction score
72
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Still do! :D

New topic for discussion then:
Do you think James Black's really with the FBI side? It's looked like he hasn't contributed enough to his role as the FBI boss (Jodie & Shuuichi were always the FBI big stars), what Conan noted about his similar name to Professor Moriarty also got me as it's Aoyama's hinting to his real face. So I think it's possible he's actually a spy from the Black Organization (could he prolly even be the last boss?) but I still don't get his purpose either way though... so what's your thought?

I don't think that James Black is a spy for the black organization. If he is, he would probably have seen Conan enough to know that he's Shinichi. Akai seemed to before he 'died'. Even though Conan seems to think so, i doubt it. He hasn't been given that much character development. As a fangirl, i want a bit more of a dramatic end boss. (Unless he gets some development before he is revealed as bad.)

So who do you think is living in Shinichi's house now? It could be a black org guy. I think it's probably Akai disguised as a black org. It'd be funny if he had managed to infiltrate the organization twice lol. I dont' think that Conan would expect that, and Gin and the rest of the men in black would think he's dead. They had already blown one of his covers. That'd be really cool!

@ Jath

As far as i know, he hasn't revealed to anyone who he is besides the proffesor, Miyano (sherry) and his parents. I think that Akai knows though
 

Yabe

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2007
Messages
595
Reaction score
836
Gender
Hidden
Country
Italy
I don't think that James Black is a spy for the black organization. If he is, he would probably have seen Conan enough to know that he's Shinichi. Akai seemed to before he 'died'. Even though Conan seems to think so, i doubt it. He hasn't been given that much character development. As a fangirl, i want a bit more of a dramatic end boss. (Unless he gets some development before he is revealed as bad.)
Exactly that's what causes me doubt that James is a spy :)

However, besides Vermouth who's found out that Sherry's shrunk to a kid having eaten the capsule and so has Kudo, nobody in the BO's actually awared of the fact (remember that some chapters ago, Gin & co. saw Conan when they went to kill Mori, but neither he nor Vodka realised that the kid's Shinichi?) It could be that the other members in the BO except Vermouth (who's seemed to be fond of Run, Conan & his mom so that she's trying to do as much as she could to pretect Conan's secret now) haven't been acknowledged or even paid enough attention to Shinichi's case.

If James Black would be the BO member or even their last boss, I guess that he's now probably trying to find/ascertain the fact about Conan, or even more to the way to deal with him by himself. Like you pointed out about his small development despite Conan's doubt; I suspect perhaps Aoyama's planning something big with his role in the upcoming events.

So who do you think is living in Shinichi's house now? It could be a black org guy. I think it's probably Akai disguised as a black org. It'd be funny if he had managed to infiltrate the organization twice lol. I dont' think that Conan would expect that, and Gin and the rest of the men in black would think he's dead. They had already blown one of his covers. That'd be really cool!
I'm with you Akai's not dead; and he's actually doing unexpected things against the BO again :)
But my guess is Akai's now covered himself as Subaru (Conan also found out that Subaru's the "Red" guy - so perhaps that's a hint? "Red" = "Akai"?)

One thing I actually have a question about is did Conan actually tell Jodie or any of the FBI his secret? I know they had been suspicious out the wazoo but I haven't seen an episode/read a chapter where he actually tells them.
As far as i know, he hasn't revealed to anyone who he is besides the proffesor, Miyano (sherry) and his parents. I think that Akai knows though
Yes, Sportgal1 is right Conan has never actually told them (and Hattori's also the one knowing Conan's Shinichi). I also think that Jodie should know it since she's seen pictures of Shinichi before.
 
Last edited:

Jath

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 6, 2008
Messages
47
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Quote:
So who do you think is living in Shinichi's house now? It could be a black org guy. I think it's probably Akai disguised as a black org. It'd be funny if he had managed to infiltrate the organization twice lol. I dont' think that Conan would expect that, and Gin and the rest of the men in black would think he's dead. They had already blown one of his covers. That'd be really cool!
I'm with you Akai's not dead; and he's actually doing unexpected things against the BO again
But my guess is Akai's now covered himself as Subaru (Conan also found out that Subaru's the "Red" guy - so perhaps that's a hint? "Red" = "Akai"?)
I will say, I don't think that Akai is dead either. But as much as obviously going under cover you have to change your personality to a T(what Vermount did with the doctor dood) I don't think he would have that out-going personality to be Subaru(This is the dood at around episode 514(anime episode) where the guy is fighting against Conan for the decrypting right?) IT just seems a little out there if you know what I mean.

Also, if it is Akai, we can probably assume that he knows about Conan now, or at least has a major suspicion because what better place to find out if it's true if not to stay Right next store to the professor's house, in Shinichi's own house. So I think we are getting pretty close to finding out anyways.

I can't wait till they get into the black organization more though. It's going to get very interesting very fast hopefully, considering they are pretty close.
 
Last edited:

Yabe

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2007
Messages
595
Reaction score
836
Gender
Hidden
Country
Italy
I will say, I don't think that Akai is dead either. But as much as obviously going under cover you have to change your personality to a T(what Vermount did with the doctor dood) I don't think he would have that out-going personality to be Subaru(This is the dood at around episode 514(anime episode) where the guy is fighting against Conan for the decrypting right?) IT just seems a little out there if you know what I mean.

Also, if it is Akai, we can probably assume that he knows about Conan now, or at least has a major suspicion because what better place to find out if it's true if not to stay Right next store to the professor's house, in Shinichi's own house. So I think we are getting pretty close to finding out anyways.
I haven't followed the Anime :darn but yes Subaru's the guy who's living in Kudo's house. However, I don't think that his characters are different very much from Akai's though (but if it is, I also see no problem on him changing in order to cover his true identity). He's got the deduction skills that's as good as Conan's (we've rarely seen many of them really; aside from Hattori, the golden-hair detective guy who I don't recognise his name, and Akai - though this new introduced member of the BO 'Bourbon' was said to be great at it too, but I have that doubt seeing Conan's calm reactions towards Subaru), Haibara's panic about him having the similar smell as the BO members which seems to add up to Akai's identity as he also disguised to be one of them once; and how Subaru showed his interest in Haibara in my opinion can make us assume that the guy's probably either someone from the BO or Akai ('cause considering Akai seemed to have suspecion that the girl's Shiho, the sister of his ex-girlfriend, from the first time he caught a glimsp of her.)

And I agree that if Subaru's Akai then he probably knows that Conan's Shinichi. Conan somehow seems to know something behind the news about Akai's dead, it could be that they expected that the return of Kir'd be suspected by Gin & co. so they had planned something out.
 
Last edited:

Sportgal1

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 23, 2008
Messages
212
Reaction score
72
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
i haven't actually watched the anime besides the first episode. Just couldn't get into it. I don't like the way the anglicize the names. how does shinichi = jimmy anyway?

I'm pretty sure that Akai's figured out that Conan is not what he seems, but i don't know if he knows expressly that conan is shinichi. From what i can tell, he wasn't still in the BO when he knew Shinichi, except that passing encounter in New York. When i think about that, it makes me laugh. Shinichi sure seems to have grown up since he turned into a kid. I don't think Conan knows where Akai is, he probably just suspects he's alive. they seem to think the same way. I can just imagine Subaru 'kidnapping' conan to get his advice/help or something.

@ Jath

I don't know how much further we can go into the org. We already know most of the major players. Any new ones seem to die and the trail goes cold. The only major one we know of but havent' met is the boss. I want to see more of Gin, since he was the original villain.

File 671 is also scanlated now onemanga. I suck at links so i won't even try to link it. Sorry :)
 
Top