Shounen Detective Conan by Aoyama Gosho

bax

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2006
Messages
15,816
Reaction score
7,985
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
I half-agreed to that xD

While I do read it weekly, but it's probably best for some people to batch download every 3 weeks or so. Especially during the usual random 3-chapter-stories. Though, when it comes to the main plot, I suggest reading it weekly, or else you have to wait for 10-20 weeks or so for the current storyline to end.

Well, it personally depends on you :)
 

LPnaurto

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 13, 2007
Messages
38
Reaction score
1
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
cool thank you so much :P i really appreciate it...and I think i can take a little suspence so i think i'll be reading this every week :P oh btw what day does the translated chapter usually appear on the internet?
 

bax

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2006
Messages
15,816
Reaction score
7,985
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
I'm not really sure ^^;; Since I always dl/read my manga during the weekends.

But from what I remember, DCTP releases around Thursday or Friday. Not really sure though.
 

LPnaurto

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 13, 2007
Messages
38
Reaction score
1
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
wait wait... didnt the last chapter come out on the 7th? so shouldnt there be a chapter out now?

btw clik on the link in my sig plz :P


woot the next chapters raw is finally out! woot woot!


omg 684's raw is already out but nobody's even translated/scanlated 683 yet...if only i knew japanese and how to scanlate...
 
Last edited:

Sportgal1

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 23, 2008
Messages
212
Reaction score
72
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
lol, i've wished that so many times myself, but i don't have time to learn. here's the Edited Manga of 683 . I find this arc a little boring, i can't seem to focus on what i'm reading. How 'bout you?
 

KuwabaraTheMan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
897
Reaction score
46
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
So, the current case is actually giving a backstory and some development to Shiratori. Certainly not what I was expecting to see, but it's pretty welcome. Takagi and Satou have pretty much been the only ones of the regular detectives to get a good amount of development, so I'm glad that Aoyama is developing Shiratori a little more. Interested in seeing how the rest of the case plays out.

Hopefully after this is done with we'll get something dealing with Okiya.
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,560
Reaction score
5,412
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
hmmm, from the 689 RAW, it looks like the girl of his dream might be Ayumi's sister (can someone translate it quickly?) btw, who's Okiya?
 

kryptlight

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Feb 2, 2009
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
btw, who's Okiya?
It's Okiya Subaru first seen in vol 60 in the "Bourbon" case (chapter 622).
He is a student and lives is in Shinichi's house because his apartment burned down. Ai is suspicious of him. Conan doesn't think he is a bad person beacause Subaru likes Sherlock Homes(that's what he said).
It is suspected that Okiya might be the BO member "Bourbon".
I'm not sure if he is, but sth dosen't seem right about him.

Hope that helps somehow : )
 

LPnaurto

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 13, 2007
Messages
38
Reaction score
1
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
wow you have absolutely no idea how informative your post was kryptlight! it was so accurate that i remembered who he was from your second point, thank you so much :P
 

mangaka

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 18, 2006
Messages
24
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
hi
i started to read detective conan half year ago
and i dont think i am able to read all manga episodes or watch the anime
can someone provides me episodes related to the black organization and kaito kid?
i want to read these episodes only
 

Sportgal1

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 23, 2008
Messages
212
Reaction score
72
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Vermouth = Christ Vineyard and was found out later by Jodie & Conan that she had also disguised herself as her mother Sharon Vineyard (who's an old actress friend of Yukiko - Shinichi's mother. This was where Jodie revealed Vermouth's identity in the manga).

So she's been a friend of Conan's mom for a long time that she should have been told of or seen Shinichi as a kid once, besides she also disguised herself as a murderer who Akai was after, but Ran & Shinichi happened to encounter with and even saved her life in the 'Golden Apple' flashback chapters - so Vermouth actually has known both the adult and the young Shinichi before.

@Jath:

DCTP has subbed and released movie 12 here. I have the tanks so I also could help you gather all those files related to the Black Org. in the manga - but I want 1 day to check and list the number of chapters though if you'd like my help :)

@Sportgal1:

C'mon, movies are really good you won't be disappointed. The storylines in the movies so far have been unrelated to the main plot in the manga - they're like those filler files, but the cases are much more great and exciting. I really recommend movie 10 'The Private Eyes' Requiem' for you (since you mentioned you missed Kaito Kidd). Watch it :darn

Btw, I also don't like Eisuke's character... I know his role served as a string for Conan & the FBI in finding the truth about Rena, but he had been kind of a tiresome string. Besides him, I love all the minor characters that have been introduced in the series so far though.

---

EDIT:

Here's the list of chapters (from the start) which are related to the Black Organization
(I put the descriptive titles in too so that you could compare them with the anime episodes' titles - I believe they're pretty much the same names):

Gin & Vodka enter
Chapter 1: The Heisei Holmes
Miyano Akemi's (Sherry's older sister) story
Chapter 13: The Missing Man
Chapter 14: The Pitiful Girl
Chapter 15: Chase The Giant
Chapter 16: The Girl Like a Devil
Tracing Gin & Vodka (1)
Chapter 33: Running into the Two
Chapter 34: The Four in the Green Car
Chapter 35: The Last 10 Seconds of Terror
Tequila's story
Chapter 114: An Unexpected Meeting
Chapter 115: The Bomb's Destination
Chapter 116: Conan's Mistake
Sherry enters
Chapter 176: The New Student
Chapter 177: The Lady in Black
Chapter 178: Code Name Sherry
Chapter 179: The Girl Made of Lies
Chapter 180: Checkmate
Chapter 181: Why
The case of Dr. Araide
Chapter 234: Another Half Year
Chapter 235: In The Dark
Chapter 236: The Unbelievable Link
Chapter 237: From the Bottom of the Heart
Pisco & Vermouth enter | tracing Gin & Vodka (2)
Chapter 238: The Secret Corner of Betrayal
Chapter 239: The Black Burial Ranks
Chapter 240: The Sudden Parting
Chapter 241: The Bullet from the Past
Chapter 242: A White World
Jodie enters
Chapter 270: Start Game
Chapter 271: TTX
Chapter 272: Game Over
The Bus Jack case
Chapter 287: The Invisible Fear
Chapter 288: Danger Signal
Chapter 289: Conceal Beneath the Truth
James Black enters
Chapter 325: Something the Lion Dropped
Chapter 326: P and A
Chapter 327: A Stupid Plan
Tracing Jodie
Chapter 340: Time to Pick the Apple
Chapter 341: The Hint That Was Against
Chapter 342: The Strange Neighbour
Chapter 343: Who Are You
NY flashback story
Chapter 350: Golden Apple 1
Chapter 351: Golden Apple 2
Chapter 352: Golden Apple 3
Chapter 353: Golden Apple 4
Chapter 354: Golden Apple 5
Chapter 355: The Ghost House's Mystery
Trivial story about the ran-away member Numabuchi Kiichiro
Chapter 360: The Disapperance of Mitsuhiko Part 3
Tracing Gin & Vodka (3)
Chapter 377: The Footsteps of Darkness 1
Chapter 378: The Footsteps of Darkness 2
Chapter 379: The Footsteps of Darkness 3
Chapter 380: White Snow Black Snow
Chapter 381: Precarious Encounter
Chapter 382: Fellow Passengers
Chapter 383: New Weapon Gadgets
Korn & Chianti enter | The revelation of Jodie & Vermouth
Chapter 417: Darkness is a Death Trap!
Chapter 418: The Silent Murder
Chapter 419: Mystery of the Black Light
Chapter 420: The Approaching Surrounding Net
Chapter 421: There is Risk
Chapter 422: The Target That Can't Escape
Chapter 423: The Mystery Left by a Visitor
Chapter 424: The Mystery Left in a Closed Room
Chapter 425: The Hidden Truth
Chapter 426: Good-bye
Chapter 427: Ran's Deduction
Chapter 428: The Unbelievable Conclusion
Chapter 429: The Full Moon and the Trap at the Banquet
Chapter 430: The Haunted Ship Painted with Blood
Chapter 431: The Invisible Man Appears!
Chapter 432: Shinichi Kudo to the Rescue
Chapter 433: The Truth Behind the Mask
Chapter 434: Rotten Apple
Chapter 435: Trace in the Rain
The return of Dr. Araide
Chapter 459: Truth Behind the Remaining Desk
Tracing the Boss' email address
Chapter 469: Star Knows Everything
Chapter 470: Prelude
Chapter 474: Fantasia
Chapter 475: Seal
Rena/Kir enters | Conan & FBI vs the BO (1)
Chapter 499: Ding Dong Dash
Chapter 500: A New Woman-In-Black
Chapter 501: Follow the Target!
Chapter 502: The New Directive
Chapter 503: Black Organization vs FBI
Chapter 504: Black Organization vs FBI 2
Eisuke enters & stories about his relationship with Rena
Chapter 508: The Two Who Cannot Return
Chapter 550: The Only Eyes-witness
Chapter 551: Nail and Snake
Chapter 552: The Identity of the Hammer
Chapter 553: Mysterious Job
Chapter 554: Menu for Dinner
Chapter 555: A Dreaming Star
Chapter 556: The Detective Boys' Snowman
Chapter 582: A Clue From the West
Chapter 583: Location of the Photograph
Chapter 584: Company
Chapter 585: Wrong Number
Chapter 586: The Truth Which Blood Tells
Chapter 587: Deseased Mother Momento
Incident at the Hospital | Conan & FBI vs the BO (2) | The dead of Akai
Chapter 595: Crow's Song
Chapter 596: The Second Thread
Chapter 597: The Fake Patient
Chapter 598: Pursuit and...
Chapter 599: Akai's Past
Chapter 600: All or Nothing
Chapter 601: Camourflage
Chapter 602: The Last Resort
Chapter 603: The Mission
Chapter 604: Older Sister and Younger Brother
Chapter 605: The Unexpected Suspect
Chapter 606: Friday the 13th
Chapter 607: Camel's Past
Chapter 608: Spell of Magic
Chapter 609: Wedge of Steel
Eisuke's leaving | mentioning of Bourbon | Subaru enters
Chapter 621: Eisuke's Confession
Chapter 622: Red, White and Yellow
Chapter 623: Kuroshiro-kun
Chapter 624: New Neighbour
Subaru's stories
Chapter 637: Crackle
Chapter 638: Paper Plane
Chapter 639: Message
Chapter 640: Rescue
Chapter 664: Ikkaku Rock
Chapter 665: Mackerel, Carp, Sea Bream, Flounder
Chapter 666: Thirst of Blood
Here's a list of all the black organization chapters, thanks to Yabe. I don't know if it's been updated recently.
 

Yabe

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2007
Messages
595
Reaction score
836
Gender
Hidden
Country
Italy
\o/ Thanks for bringing that post up, Sportgal1 ^^
I'm several chapters behind the current story at moment, and haven't read anything since the chapter that revealed about Akai I think. I peeked into the latest chapter a few days ago and saw nothing about the main plot, so I simply shut it off. xP
Currently returning to read this serie in the volume basis :)

@ mangaka: I'll check those chapters about Kaito Kid for you and will be back to put in this post.

EDIT: Kaito Kid's stories:

-1st case- Volume 16 (File 6-9)
Chapter 156: Chance Meeting
Chapter 157: Annihilation
Chapter 158: Presence
Chapter 159: Finale
-2nd case- Volume 30 (File 4-7)
Chapter 299: The Meeting
Chapter 300: Tragedy
Chapter 301: Murder
Chapter 302: Sting
-3rd case- Volume 44 (File 7-10)
Chapter 453: Miracle
Chapter 454: Shock
Chapter 455: Panic
Chapter 456: Escape
-4th case- Volume 46 (File 7-10)
Chapter 475: Seal
Chapter 476: Trick
Chapter 477: Sacred Treasure
Chapter 478: Immortal
-5th case- Volume 53 (File 1-5)
Chapter 544: Guren
Chapter 545: Konjiki
Chapter 546: Seiran
Chapter 547: Junbaku
Chapter 548: The Mysterious 200-Faced Man
-6th case- Volume 61 (File 1-4)
Chapter 631: Purple Nail
Chapter 632: Instant Movement
Chapter 633: Three Taboos
Chapter 634: Zero
 
Last edited:

KuwabaraTheMan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
897
Reaction score
46
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
So, with the release of Chapter 700 it looks like we're getting another big case in the plot development. It seems like this story should answer a lot of questions such as what happened when Akai was shot, who Okiya is, and more.

I'm really excited to find out more.
 

shinobi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 19, 2008
Messages
1,355
Reaction score
4,575
Country
Dragonstone
I didn't read any chapter for some time now, and I was just checking and found the recent chapters have some good development, so next chapter this case sender/bomber case will end I guess and the focus will be on what happened to Akai and what Subaru's intentions are.....
 

KuwabaraTheMan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
897
Reaction score
46
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Yeah, that seems to be the case. I wonder what was up with that smile he had at the end of the chapter. It could be a case of misdirection, or it could mean that he's the one behind all of this. Having Subaru be Bourbon would be a bit more straightforward than Aoyama normally does things, though.
 

AkumaBuster

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 11, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Chapter 703 came out yesterday.
Looked over the whole thing (it's in Japanese, so I couldn't read XD) and it seems that Okiya knows of the B.O. It might be a mislead(er?) or just a lead, but I don't know.

Frankly I don't think he's "evil". There's too much stuff in the manga that hint that he might have other intentions even if he's in the B.O.

(e.g. he likes the colour black but he also doesn't like it for the same reason)

Also, does anyone know how long it usually takes for a DC chapter to get translated?

Thanks.
 

Akiyama

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 6, 2009
Messages
3,256
Reaction score
5,752
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Right now I'm putting my blinders up since I'm still in the 200's.
I would love to discuss more about this manga but I'll wait until I catch up.
Back to reading more DC, the different murders never gets old.
 

shinobi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 19, 2008
Messages
1,355
Reaction score
4,575
Country
Dragonstone
I was reading chapter 704 and I'm not sure that I get Gin and Subaru's comments about (It seems that this guy is not who they thought he was)!! Is this guy Akai or not Akai!!
I want to know what's this thing between Subaru and Akai, wonder when will be the continuation of this, because next chapter looks like we're gonna have a new case...
 

magicbulletgirl

Manga Editor
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2006
Messages
171
Reaction score
107
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I say the key to these things is to keep it simple.

A lot of confusion went on about who was who back in the 30's and 40's but in hindsight it was very obvious and very simple.

So assume Akai is Akai and Okiya is someone else. Who? Well he's Black Org according to Haibara but she was scared of Akai too. Akai, we now know, is ex-Black Org. Could Okiya be the same? We'll just have to wait and see.
 

Skrymir

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2009
Messages
98
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I say the person that looks like Akai is actually Bourbon and Okiya is actually Akai.
 
Top