Shounen Detective Conan by Aoyama Gosho

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,561
Reaction score
5,412
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
I lost track of the manga, since the plot was not progressing. Are there any changes? Still all those random cases? Last thing I remember was Akai (or whatever his name was, the FBI dude) dying.

If there are any plot improvement, plz tell me which chapters. Im not rly interested in random cases, though Eri appearance are sometimes nice.
Still those random cases. But there is something you might want to check out in those "random cases". Apparently, Chiba found himself a love interest. It's pretty interesting and I guarantee it won't be a disappointment. Now, out of the MPD group, only Yumi is single. (poor girl) :p
 

KuwabaraTheMan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
897
Reaction score
46
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Still those random cases. But there is something you might want to check out in those "random cases". Apparently, Chiba found himself a love interest. It's pretty interesting and I guarantee it won't be a disappointment. Now, out of the MPD group, only Yumi is single. (poor girl) :p
Yeah, Yumi is the last member of the police force without a love interest. Knowing Aoyama, soon we'll get some story about a childhood friend who re-enters her life.

The new case that just started seemed interesting. Setting a case in London definitely has a lot of promise, and the opening narration seems to hint at this being a pretty big moment in the story.
 

Niirouge

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2010
Messages
146
Reaction score
25
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
The new case that just started seemed interesting. Setting a case in London definitely has a lot of promise, and the opening narration seems to hint at this being a pretty big moment in the story.
It is interesting and the English actually sounds proper (one or two spelling mistakes, but no biggie) :)

I thought the same at first, London = Sherlock Holmes = BIG part of the story... And then it drifted into quite a complicated scenario... The riddles and codes were fun to guess or deduce though ;)

Anyway, I haven't read the latest (ch750) so there might have been a major twist that I'm unaware of :)

P.S. Hope this tread livens up more... I love Conan... :(
 

R4n

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2009
Messages
917
Reaction score
208
Gender
Hidden
Country
Micronesia
I am guessing this case will play a part in the black organisation arc later. Since Shinichi Kudo go to England using his own body and identity, surely the immigration has a record of him going out of Japan. If the Black Organization ever find out of that, they'll have a definite proof that Shinichi Kudo is indeed alive and healthy.
If they investigate further they will find out that the Mouri family is travelling overseas aboard the same plane. Adding one and one together, it'll be easy to connect Conan with Shinichi.

It get dangerous.
 

Niirouge

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2010
Messages
146
Reaction score
25
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
I am guessing this case will play a part in the black organisation arc later. Since Shinichi Kudo go to England using his own body and identity, surely the immigration has a record of him going out of Japan. If the Black Organization ever find out of that, they'll have a definite proof that Shinichi Kudo is indeed alive and healthy.
If they investigate further they will find out that the Mouri family is travelling overseas aboard the same plane. Adding one and one together, it'll be easy to connect Conan with Shinichi.

It get dangerous.
You have a point there :amuse

I didn't think of that when I read it, lol.

But would the BO really start investigating into that? Maybe if they actually saw Shinichi in London, otherwise, they still believe that he's dead...

I don't think they have that much time on them to be going through who's been flying in and out of Japan! :p

And I think that lady who appeared at the end of the second part to the London case is Shinichi's mother, so she'll probably bring him back the "safe" way. Well, if there is any...
 

tobeulp

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2009
Messages
801
Reaction score
193
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
I hope that after this case there is a duel between Kudo and the Black organization in London because that will be big..
 

KuwabaraTheMan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
897
Reaction score
46
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I am guessing this case will play a part in the black organisation arc later. Since Shinichi Kudo go to England using his own body and identity, surely the immigration has a record of him going out of Japan. If the Black Organization ever find out of that, they'll have a definite proof that Shinichi Kudo is indeed alive and healthy.
If they investigate further they will find out that the Mouri family is travelling overseas aboard the same plane. Adding one and one together, it'll be easy to connect Conan with Shinichi.

It get dangerous.
That's certainly one possibility, although I'm not sure if they have the resources to be looking through every single bit of immigration records. I do think think that his decision to travel as Shinichi will wind up having some major ramifications, so that could be what winds up happening.
 

Niirouge

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2010
Messages
146
Reaction score
25
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
I hope that after this case there is a duel between Kudo and the Black organization in London because that will be big..
Me and you both :)

Although I have doubts that the setting will be in London... Afterall, I think more people need to be involved and 'in danger' so that the tension and thrill is heightened!

That's certainly one possibility, although I'm not sure if they have the resources to be looking through every single bit of immigration records. I do think think that his decision to travel as Shinichi will wind up having some major ramifications, so that could be what winds up happening.
Lol, what I said! :amuse

Except yours is more clearer and direct, which is nice :p

On another note, I'm glad this thread is becoming more active \o/
 

R4n

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2009
Messages
917
Reaction score
208
Gender
Hidden
Country
Micronesia
I just read chapter 752!
I really love the big drawing of Ran and Shinichi! Meitantei Conan is a mystery manga that's why it seldom have big panels, and even less full one page drawing. The emotion it induce is really awesome! :D
 
Last edited:

Niirouge

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2010
Messages
146
Reaction score
25
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
^ I love it too! xD

I'm glad that the case came to a happy ending and has everyone/anyone read the latest chapters with the...

Detective boys and the case in the abandoned building?

By the way, I sooooo knew that mysterious lady in London was Shinichi's mother :p Feels good to figure something else out when you can't solve the actual case~
 

Rikudou Sennin

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2010
Messages
535
Reaction score
201
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Did somebody read the newest chapter?

I got the feeling Kogoro and Conan beeing alone is the reason that Gosho makes Kogoro finally finding out that Conan is actually Shinishi.

What do you think folks?
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,561
Reaction score
5,412
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
A new rival, eh??? not only that, this time he's got lots of brawn too!!! Plus, he uses the FREAKIN' Bruce Lee's moves!!! now that's awesome!!!
 

R4n

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2009
Messages
917
Reaction score
208
Gender
Hidden
Country
Micronesia
768: When both Ran and the mysterious guy started dueling, i practically screamed: What the heck are you doing on a CROWDED BUS? xDDD

Btw, i have a feeling that the new 'guy' is actually a girl...


Chapter 769 comments:

- Did you notice Sera said 'Case Closed' at the last page? :D:D
I find it very amusing. Is that only a coincidence or Aoyama-sensei's tribute to the English Title of Meitantei Conan? :tem


Meitantei Conan 770
hahah, so Sera really is a girl! It is obvious from the beginning xDD
I wonder why would Aoyama Gosho introduce another detective now. Most likely not as a rival because we already got Heiji.
She is so obviously pretend not to be able to solve the last part of the trick in order to draw out Shinichi. Could she already know about Conan's identity?
I have a feeling that Sera might be Bourbon...
 
Last edited:

masgrande

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2009
Messages
668
Reaction score
127
Gender
Male
Country
Puerto Rico
I don't think she knew about Shinichi(she acted surprise when the Conan mention the phonecall), but she did seem to know about Conan being the true detective. Conan may also know something since he was surprise that she didn't figure out the last part of the murder trick, he knows she is smart enough to figure it out so I don't think he is going to let his guard down.
 

R4n

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2009
Messages
917
Reaction score
208
Gender
Hidden
Country
Micronesia
chapter 771

- Ah, looks like Aoyama-sensei got himself a new assistant! The background characters look very different. :tem
- also, i think Shinichi must have met Sera either in Japan or America. Haha, when she mentioned living in America with her parents, my crackpot theory deduce that she is Shinichi's twin sister or something xDDD

We haven't got a very exciting case for quite some time. I am very happy with this case. ^^
 

RaveDragon

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2011
Messages
2,120
Reaction score
463
Gender
Female
Country
Malta
i really love this its a masterpiece really should start re-reading it! Kudo and the black organization chappys especially xD
 

R4n

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2009
Messages
917
Reaction score
208
Gender
Hidden
Country
Micronesia
regarding chapter 775:
i am so glad Aoyama Gosho seems to be going on a full speed on the Black Organization business.
I am really curious what's Sera and Subaru's relationship to the BO. Ah, what a dilemma. I really want to know how will the BO thing conclude, but i also don't want Meitantei Conan to end...
 

tobeulp

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2009
Messages
801
Reaction score
193
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
@R4n
It will still be long so don't worry... The next arc will be surely be good knowing that BO is really with it
 

KuwabaraTheMan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
897
Reaction score
46
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I don't think there's any worry that the series will end anytime soon. Aoyama is introducing new elements rather than wrapping things up.

I do think we'll be seeing the Okiya story being wrapped up soon.
 
Top