Discussion - DF Natural weakness | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion DF Natural weakness

kebuenowilly

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Just thoght it would be nice to have a post with each DF weakness, so we can share ideas on how will some DF interact with other DF.
So you can post wich natural weakness and advantage a DF has.

I start with:

Suna Suna no Mi (Sand): water

Goro Goro no Mi(Electric): rubber

Moku Moku no Mi(smoke): ¿wind?

Pika Pika no Mi(Light): ¿Mirror?

Gomu Gomu no Mi(rubber): electricity

Noro Noro no Mi(slow): mirror

Ori Ori no Mi (cage): ¿Doa Doa no Mi (door)?

Doa Doa no Mi (door): ¿Ori Ori no Mi (cage)?

Awa Awa no Mi (soap): water

Mera Mera no Mi (fire): Magma

Sabi Sabi no Mi (rust): Supa Supa no Mi (blade)

Supa Supa no Mi (blade): Sabi Sabi no Mi (rust)

Last edited by a moderator:

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
For the Moku Moku no Mi you could have some kind of vacuum/suction devil fruit?? Well, it'll still be wind-related in the end.

Lord Rayleigh

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
France
You should add the magma weakness for the Mera Mera no Mi.

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I guess you could also add the Sabi Sabi no Mi (Rust) would be weak against the Mera Mera no Mi (Fire)??

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Not really sure magma counts as a weakness to the mera mera no mi. We all get burned with hot enough things right? I also think there are a few obscure things about the incident though, I still don't completely grasp how exactly was it that being hotter than fire enabled akainu to make ace tangible and touch him. And how is rust weak against fire? Not sure about that. Wonder if akainu's and aokiji's fruit have a mutual weakness for each other. If aokiji freezes akainu then he shouldn't be able to turn into magma while in turn aokiji should have trouble with the heat.

I laughed at the doa and cage fruit thing though lol. I guess it works lol.

kebuenowilly

Reaction score
Country
Spain
I think rust is not weak against fire. But what about the Supa Supa no Mi against the Sabi Sabi no Mi? I think that marine would totally own DazBones, so I'm gonna add it, ^

About Mera Mera no Mi, I will keep the weakness against magma until further explanation, because Akainu said clearly that there is a rank on DF powers, and his power had an advantage over the mera mera because he was hotter. It really sounds a bit weird, but you know, is Oda.

undertoe

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Umm al-Qaiwan
It's not weird. Magma is hotter than many flames.

And why would Ace have to be "tangible" for him to be burnt, kkck? The fire is his body. The fire was exposed to heat far more extreme than itself. Thus, his body was burned. Just like when Luffy punches Enel while he's fully electric. He's still electricity, but he's getting punched.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I know that is the explanation given but I still find it strange, as is something is missing in what we know. Does that mean akainu can burn like that any logia which is not as hot as himself? Can akainu burn smoke, ice or sand? Or in turn, can ace do something of the sort? Even if not hot as magma fire is still pretty hot.

kebuenowilly

Reaction score
Country
Spain
I also feel that maybe is there something else about the way that Ace died. The way Akainu pierced him just with one punch... Maybe haki? But is also plausible that Akainu was just hoter. You know, this is a manga, so I'm gonna keep it as a weakness.
Here it says that his power is naturally superior to the Mera Mera no Mi: Read
About Akainu burning everything, I think he just couldn't burn smoke, or light or thunder; but he could melt ice and sand. So he is one of the strongest logias IMO.

Last edited:

Lord Rayleigh

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
France
He could hurt Ace with magma simply because by burning fire he can make it disappear. There is not much to say since Ace's fire is his body. Anyway, he may also have used Haki to punch and kill Ace.

beastboy

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
To Punch and Kill Ace Akainu didn't use Haki nor nothing of that sort, Ace simply used is physical body...
What would be the point of protecting some one with your body, if the opponent would just slip through you?!? He had to use is original body...

About the Magma>Fire thing, I guess is just because Magma is a fluid but is not liquid, if you put something "fluid" like in fire he will estinguish!!

Just try it yourself:
Go to somewhere without combustible material (eg. a balcony), light a paper with a match (or lighter), then pour mud or something fluid over the fire...
The fire will extinguish!

If you extinguish the fire, you'll be able to hit Ace's physical body... if you're hot, you'll burn him!

I guess the Suna Suna no mi would work even better on Ace!

kebuenowilly

Reaction score
Country
Spain
mmm I see Suna Suna no Mi turning into crystal against Mera Mera. But its true that it could also work in the ohter way, sand extinguishing fire.

I have another guessing, and would like you to discuss it: Could the Pika Pika no Mi (light) have an advantage against the Yami Yami no Mi (darkness), or against the Kage Kage no Mi (shadow)?