Art DGM Volume Covers Thread

Siberia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2009
Messages
703
Reaction score
827
Gender
Hidden
Country
Hong Kong
@yvonnelsw: Not particularly, no.

Edit: Come to think of it, this volume has the most one-page manga omakes I've seen in the whole series, though there's no DGM theatre thing at the end.
so JUMP means to keep the 182th chapter for the next issue. btw, Im sure the artwork is better than the raw, can't wait:D:D:D
 

andrewsungchehau

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2009
Messages
379
Reaction score
62
Gender
Male
Country
Brunei
I BOUGHT VOLUME 18! <3
It's just as that guy who dropped spoilers just before the the volume was released said, no preview page at all. :blink There's absolutely nothing to hint at what would come after or what the hiatus is about. :darn

Well, I'm loving the omakes scattered around the volume and I might scanlate them or something after a few days (and only if I can get that old scanner to work). At least it's 'new' DGM stuff right? ^ ^;
I'm just wondering but is the Half-Akuma's sucking hand and ability remains the same in chapter 181???
 

ying_su

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2008
Messages
950
Reaction score
351
Country
Winterfell
I'll love you forever!!
XD
Thanks for all Titanium!

I really want to know about the omakes^ ^
 

TitaniumChloride

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2008
Messages
489
Reaction score
1,009
Gender
Hidden
Country
Malaysia
@andrewsungchehau: There's been no change to Madarao's black-hole technique at all. Guess this'll help ward off all those plagiarism claims.

@ying_su: I'll do my best. ^ ^;
 

andrewsungchehau

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2009
Messages
379
Reaction score
62
Gender
Male
Country
Brunei
@andrewsungchehau: There's been no change to Madarao's black-hole technique at all. Guess this'll help ward off all those plagiarism claims.

@ying_su: I'll do my best. ^ ^;
Thanks a lot.:D Glad that it's not change. You're right,this will ward off all those plagiarism claims.xD
 

TitaniumChloride

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2008
Messages
489
Reaction score
1,009
Gender
Hidden
Country
Malaysia
Phew, I've managed to scan the raws of the omakes before bed \o/ There's a total of 10 pages, including the inner cover and a Kanda chibi from a Jump cover a while back.

For anyone that wants a taste, here's the link to the compressed files I'm transfering to my laptop. (there's a big scan of the cover included, though my scanner isn't quite long enough for the whole thing so I left out a bit :/)
Warnings: Has not been resized, inconsistant cropping, some of the content on the back of pages showing through and bad scanning skillz in general Frankly, I'm kinda hoping someone uploads those HQ/MQ volume scans soon...

I'm going to take it easy for a bit since travelling two days in a row has made me a bit @_@ but here's what I plan to do before you guys get the goods ;)
  1. Transcribe and translate all text.
  2. Find good fonts
  3. Work some Photoshop magic which I'm might suck at orz
  4. Make new thread for DGM omakes to post scans in :p

About that last thing, I had been thinking of getting all the extra stuff from the DGM volumes in one place for a while. After I'm done with volume 18, I'll start salvaging some of the extras from Timcanpi's volume translations and LJ. And if I can't use those, well... I have raws... >>

Edit: The link now goes to a mediafire folder with both .rar and .zip versions.
 
Last edited:

Siberia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2009
Messages
703
Reaction score
827
Gender
Hidden
Country
Hong Kong
@TitaniumChloride

u are the best!
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
About that last thing, I had been thinking of getting all the extra stuff from the DGM volumes in one place for a while. After I'm done with volume 18, I'll start salvaging some of the extras from Timcanpi's volume translations and LJ. And if I can't use those, well... I have raws... >>
That would be fine. There are some threads about the volumes' extras floating around here. I'll just combine them and you can post the extra in there. :amuse

Link
 
Last edited:

ying_su

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2008
Messages
950
Reaction score
351
Country
Winterfell
Thank you very much for you hard work!!
The scans are really good!! XDD
*hugs*

The pages are really funny!!!
 

shinobi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 19, 2008
Messages
1,355
Reaction score
4,574
Country
Dragonstone
Thanx a lot TitaniumChloride !

again, you're Great!
 

TitaniumChloride

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2008
Messages
489
Reaction score
1,009
Gender
Hidden
Country
Malaysia
! Just found out from 2ch about this page: http://comics-news.shueisha.co.jp/common/j_shinkan/

And it says that volume 19 of DGM is going to be released on the 4th of September!!!!!

So Hoshino has to be back either this month or the next... :spaz:

Edit: Just noticed this on the hiatus thread. Ah well, it's still related to the volume releases.
 
Last edited:

Siberia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2009
Messages
703
Reaction score
827
Gender
Hidden
Country
Hong Kong
after seeing the extra page of vol18 (thanks TitaniumChloride again), I find something fun from Hoshino
Source:Livejournal
Credit:drakexdragon


Source:Rawparadise
Credit:heiji-sama

Edited: pic added
 
Last edited:

TitaniumChloride

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2008
Messages
489
Reaction score
1,009
Gender
Hidden
Country
Malaysia
@yvonnelsw: You're right! That's because that page and the one before it are Hoshino's tales of her autograph session in Germany last year.
 

Siberia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2009
Messages
703
Reaction score
827
Gender
Hidden
Country
Hong Kong
hi, does anyone know what's that book for?
 

xLavix

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 21, 2008
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Phew, I've managed to scan the raws of the omakes before bed \o/ There's a total of 10 pages, including the inner cover and a Kanda chibi from a Jump cover a while back.

For anyone that wants a taste, here's the link to the compressed files I'm transfering to my laptop. (there's a big scan of the cover included, though my scanner isn't quite long enough for the whole thing so I left out a bit :/)
Warnings: Has not been resized, inconsistant cropping, some of the content on the back of pages showing through and bad scanning skillz in general Frankly, I'm kinda hoping someone uploads those HQ/MQ volume scans soon...

I'm going to take it easy for a bit since travelling two days in a row has made me a bit @_@ but here's what I plan to do before you guys get the goods ;)
  1. Transcribe and translate all text.
  2. Find good fonts
  3. Work some Photoshop magic which I'm might suck at orz
  4. Make new thread for DGM omakes to post scans in :p

About that last thing, I had been thinking of getting all the extra stuff from the DGM volumes in one place for a while. After I'm done with volume 18, I'll start salvaging some of the extras from Timcanpi's volume translations and LJ. And if I can't use those, well... I have raws... >>

Um.. sorry to bother...! ^^' Can you please post a link with a .zip file? D: My computer hates .rar file...>.> Thanks~! :D
 

TitaniumChloride

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2008
Messages
489
Reaction score
1,009
Gender
Hidden
Country
Malaysia
@yvonnelsw: That's the DGM Premium JC Cover that you can use to cover the manga with. Its not an actual book.

Edit: While looking through my DGM raws, I found that very same picture. It seems this promotional cover was included with a copy of the first edition of volume 6 (not sure about future editions) and maybe in a special publication of Akamaru Jump called "JUMP the Revolution!" that was released back in 30th September 2005.
The extra sleeve with the details:

FYI, I've changed the link in the raw download post to lead to a mediafire folder with .rar and .zip versions.
 
Last edited:

haku-desu

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 21, 2008
Messages
7
Reaction score
5
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Costa Rica
Warnings: Has not been resized, inconsistant cropping, some of the content on the back of pages showing through and bad scanning skillz in general Frankly, I'm kinda hoping someone uploads those HQ/MQ volume scans soon...
Don't worry, they are great, they just need some adjustments. Thanks for the scans ;)

 

TitaniumChloride

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2008
Messages
489
Reaction score
1,009
Gender
Hidden
Country
Malaysia
WOW!!! I should thank you! I don't have to clean anymore! You did an awesome job! *sparkly eyes*

If you don't mind, I'd like to use these for Edited Mangas. I'm almost finished with transcribing.
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
That's is a really great job, haku-desu! :D You wouldn't mind if you uploaded the cover to MH Cover Gallery, would you?
 
Top