Art DGM Volume Covers Thread

ca12nag3

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 16, 2008
Messages
3,261
Reaction score
659
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
Whats Maria doing slightly behind Allen? wish i could read japanese. I gues its about hoshino since her *self-toon* is saying something but its interesting as a whole that 1 image!
would be messed up if she turns out to be his mom or something

My guess is its all about the cosplay stuff in Germany? Anyways its a nice compilation of the characters. Also interesting to see how she drew it if you zoom in ^^. If you look closely she started with herself/Lenalee/Road, then added the faces of Allen/Lavi/Jasdebi-David/Kanda, then the boarder characters. Love the image!
 
Last edited:

GinRei

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 20, 2009
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Were any of the "sketchy" panels redone in higher quality?
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
DGM Vol. 18 is #3 for the week of June 1st. It has sold 200,369 copies so far. :D
 

TitaniumChloride

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2008
Messages
489
Reaction score
1,009
Gender
Hidden
Country
Malaysia
Were any of the "sketchy" panels redone in higher quality?
Yup! All the sketchy parts were redone.
DGM Vol. 18 is #3 for the week of June 1st. It has sold 200,369 copies so far. :D
:pmg 3rd after One Piece and Bleach is great, but Bakuman having the same amount of sales is pretty surprising. :blink

D.Gray-Man: 200,369
Bakuman: 200,369

I'm kinda wondering if it's a typo. Please let the Bakuman sales figure be a typo.

Edit: Just checked with Oricon (Jap site!) and the most recent figures are
D.Gray-man: 300,630
Bakuman: 200,369
 
Last edited:

hopeandlight

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2008
Messages
491
Reaction score
92
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Yup! All the sketchy parts were redone.

:pmg 3rd after One Piece and Bleach is great, but Bakuman having the same amount of sales is pretty surprising. :blink

D.Gray-Man: 200,369
Bakuman: 200,369

I'm kinda wondering if it's a typo. Please let the Bakuman sales figure be a typo.
(I erased what I wrote, before thinking it'd be better just to cross out)
I like D Gray man way more though (no offense Bakuman fans)
volume 18 cover is great
Hoshino sensei puts a lot of effort into her covers
 
Last edited:

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Edit: Just checked with Oricon (Jap site!) and the most recent figures are
D.Gray-man: 300,630
Bakuman: 200,369
I checked ANN's forums and apparently, the site put up the wrong information for DGM and other manga as well. :XD
 

andrewsungchehau

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2009
Messages
379
Reaction score
62
Gender
Male
Country
Brunei
Volume 18's current sales is quite low compare to pass volume. Let's hope it sales well in the following weeks.:D
Even though I might a bit earlier about this, I hope Volume 19 sale could do very very high sales.(14th + Kanda)
 

hopeandlight

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2008
Messages
491
Reaction score
92
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
no!!!
can someone post than real figures then
would appreciate it
 

ying_su

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2008
Messages
950
Reaction score
351
Country
Winterfell
Well, this is hard to say...but in the first chapters of Timothy arc we werent too interested...even we thought it was some kind of filler!
(Of course, with Hoshino we can always wait for something as shocking as happened at the end of the arc...but it will be in vol 19, right?)
I think is natural.
(Btw, WSJ sure already expected it, the hiatus must affect too.)


Btw, i just saw the lists: it's ranked the 3rd one in sales!
(just after onepiece y bleach...)
we cant be pessimistic!! ^^
 
Last edited:

andrewsungchehau

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2009
Messages
379
Reaction score
62
Gender
Male
Country
Brunei
Well, this is hard to say...but in the first chapters of Timothy arc we werent too interested...even we thought it was some kind of filler!
(Of course, with Hoshino we can always wait for something as shocking as happened at the end of the arc...but it will be in vol 19, right?)
I think is natural.
(Btw, WSJ sure already expected it, the hiatus must affect too.)
<hr noshade size="1">
Btw, i just saw the lists: it's ranked the 3rd one in sales!
(just after onepiece y bleach...)
we cant be pessimistic!! ^^
Well, I guess you got the point there. But I'm one of those that doesn't think it's a filler arc or not interesting at all. One of the reason I love D Gray Man is because of these supernatural missions(or cases).:D
Anyway, as I say, let's hope it sells well in the following weeks.;)
 

ying_su

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2008
Messages
950
Reaction score
351
Country
Winterfell
Well, I guess you got the point there. But I'm one of those that doesn't think it's a filler arc or not interesting at all. One of the reason I love D Gray Man is because of these supernatural missions(or cases).
Anyway, as I say, let's hope it sells well in the following weeks.
Hey, hey. I really like this arc too! But at the beginning some of us thought (i include myself here^^) maybe it was some filler or funny story as that "destruction of the order": Remenber all that "phantom G" thing!
(And again: what i've been saying for a while now: with Hoshino-sensei something that doenst look like "important" will become really important!!!)
I DONT think "Phantom G" was a filler arc!
XDDDD
 

shinobi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 19, 2008
Messages
1,355
Reaction score
4,574
Country
Dragonstone
Great news about the sales! D.Gray-Man still going strong...:clap
 

Siberia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2009
Messages
703
Reaction score
827
Gender
Hidden
Country
Hong Kong
if we count the first week sales of previous volumes, each volume is dropped by 7%, 5% and recently 12%. It might be a sign that some people are losing interests in it becoz of some reasons. But hitaus does have some adverse effects on its popularity when the story goes too slowly.

btw, looking forward to breaking 500k copies!!

FYI
*2 - *,387,543 *,387,543 *1 D.Gray-man 15
*2 -- *,359,598 *,359,598 *1 D.Gray-man 16
*3 -- *,341,043 *,341,043 *1 D.Gray-man 17
*3 -- *,300,630 *,300,630 *1 D.Gray-man 18
 
Last edited:

shinobi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 19, 2008
Messages
1,355
Reaction score
4,574
Country
Dragonstone
Sad but it's true. people will start dropping the series when they get bored of waiting... I dropped some series before because of hiatus or irregular release (but for DGM I just can't do it!). the story and art of DGM are both good, if the continuity was as the other popular series it'd have sold better I guess.
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
D.Gray-man Vol. 17 is #14 in the Top-Selling Manga in Japan by Volume: 1st Half of 2009. It has sold 611,100 copies so far.
 

andrewsungchehau

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2009
Messages
379
Reaction score
62
Gender
Male
Country
Brunei
D.Gray-man Vol. 17 is #14 in the Top-Selling Manga in Japan by Volume: 1st Half of 2009. It has sold 611,100 copies so far.
That's great. Hope it sold more.xD
 

shinobi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 19, 2008
Messages
1,355
Reaction score
4,574
Country
Dragonstone
I think this is good ^ ^
 

Symbolic Zero

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 16, 2009
Messages
17
Reaction score
13
Gender
Female
Country
Hong Kong
D.Gray-man is still on the map ;D~ (yei!!), cause it's even above of a single vol. of Reborn or Gintama (both huge popular series).

If only DGM relesead volumes more often, it would been in the another ranking T-T
 

andrewsungchehau

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2009
Messages
379
Reaction score
62
Gender
Male
Country
Brunei
D.Gray-man is still on the map ;D~ (yei!!), cause it's even above of a single vol. of Reborn or Gintama (both huge popular series).

If only DGM relesead volumes more often, it would been in the another ranking T-T
I agree. If it got more volumes sold, it would be higher than Hitman Reborn and Gintama. Hope it surpass Bleach sold.(Just wishful thought)
 
Top