^ Yes, we're probably going to see a lot less of Lenalee now. I think you're spot on with that one. I'm really afraid that we're going to have Allen disappear for a long time, as well as Link and Lvellie. We've just had a major turn of events for all three of these characters, and I want answers immediately! *so impatient* DDDDDD8
Although I have this feeling things might go back to Lavi and Bookman. Now that Allen's left, it's safe to reveal some more secrets over The Fourteenth. But wouldn't it be heaven if we got to see both Allen,Link,Lvellie AND Lavi,Bookman? *wishful thinking for sure*
I think you guys are right about D.Gray-Man being around halfway through. And I don't see Hoshino dragging out the plot after she's concluded whatever's cooking in her head right now. I wonder if she has everything unfurled in her mind already, or if she's improving anything along the way?? That's what I would like to know! The fact that I can't tell makes her a good mangaka I believe.
I don't read Bleach, Naruto, or One Piece so I don't know anything about them being ruined at all. However, I did read Katekyo Hitman Reborn! for a bit. And let me tell you, THAT story line has been dragged through a field full of nails and I really dislike it now. It would be a nightmare if that happened to DGM.